Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Listening to Ian Holloway on Talkshite this morning, he said roughly, "that stuff that Poch said before the Champions League final about leaving if they won... the two above him (pep/klopp) wouldn't do that".

I agree with him. Poch has been arrogant in the press a lot and it's taken a while, but fuck it, I've had enough of him. I don't give a shit about people saying it's Levy, or it's Poch or this or that, the fact is I don't think he wants to be here anymore and he's letting it slide. Not sure that can be argued with. I'd be delighted if he left today, let's move on.

Why is it every time someone answers they are "missing the point" today...

If you dont trust the media when they use direct quotes, then maybe you can go and do personal interviews.
I dont have the time for that, so I have to filter what is believable from what is bullshit.

Direct quotes in reputable media outlets like ESPN, The Telegraph, BBC and The Guardian usually suffice for me.
I agree - but lets not kid ourselves, even the reputable media can make quotes say what they want them to say. Sadly despite that fact that I hate the term 'Fake News', because of the need for immediate and eye catching headlines these days it's very difficult to distinguish what is real and what is embellished.
So I don't trust the media and I wish I could do personal interviews - it's the only way anyone can ever know the real truth. But I can't so I have to do as you do - filter out the bullshit.

32 mill to sack Poch?

No thanks:levyeyes:

Looks like we are stuck with him and his lemons(in his office and on the pitch)

Really?

That much?

Have to hope RM or Yanited come in for him once they dispatch their respective flops

Rose should NEVER have played for the club once he dissed us. It's very very simple. Once he stayed Pochettino weakened

Of Alderweireld it is harder as he has never said anything.

Eriksen should have been sold.

How much it has led to the current situation is anyone's guess.

Agreed. Play the committed Ben Davies for the rest of the season please. Get rid of Rose in January.

I thought we moved on when he said our problem was the Euro Transfer Window.....

Lets see if he moves on from the diamond shall we, or nothing will change

And I said exactly that at the time.

You commit to 'X' being the problem and then when 'X' goes your problem still persists.

It is among a set of daft comments that he keeps making.

Like we shit it against Chelsea and Leicester? Or is that different?

Just to clarify we were 5 points off top after 23 games the season Leicester won it....... exactly the same as we were after 23 games the season you claim we shit it.
Dont think you understood.

Against Chelsea and Leciester we couldnt beat them . In Redknapps last season, he fucked up so bad, we didnt just lose the title race, we didnt even make it in the CL the next season. Had to be sacked for such a monumental fuck up.

If anything in 16-17 we had more points in a season than ever in the history of the club.

I see Rose uses it at Monchengladbach, too. Really getting into German football these past few weeks. It's fucking brilliant. Your boy Harit is a baller, eh?
I won't claim to be a Schalke man in particular but they are playing some fun football at the moment so they are worth keeping up with. And Harit is definitely looking like he's catching on fire again after a few off years.

Leipzig are also good fun to watch but if you are a football puritan it does require separating the artist (Red bull) from the art (the football) somewhat.

It's a fun league to follow even if it usually is LOLBAYERNWINS

I won't claim to be a Schalke man in particular but they are playing some fun football at the moment so they are worth keeping up with. And Harit is definitely looking like he's catching on fire again after a few off years.

Leipzig are also good fun to watch but if you are a football puritan it does require separating the artist (Red bull) from the art (the football) somewhat.

It's a fun league to follow even if it usually is LOLBAYERNWINS
I have watched all of Leipzig's league games this season. Want to know more about Nagelsmann. Some of their players really get me going.

I agree - but lets not kid ourselves, even the reputable media can make quotes say what they want them to say. Sadly despite that fact that I hate the term 'Fake News', because of the need for immediate and eye catching headlines these days it's very difficult to distinguish what is real and what is embellished.
So I don't trust the media and I wish I could do personal interviews - it's the only way anyone can ever know the real truth. But I can't so I have to do as you do - filter out the bullshit.
The newspapers lie & people make up stuff on the internet?! Get out of here!

So, where do Spurs go from here?

For the first half we were world class and should have been 3-0 up. Things very quickly went south and Bayern found our weekness - our back 4 are poor and there is acres of space in front of them.

Conditioning was a huge factor. We played well whilst players were fresh, but with our teams average age around 29 years old; playing a high press was tactically inept. Surely Poch must be aware how unfit the players are? Aurier couldn't even run after 75 minutes and Toby/Jan seemed unable to deal with any movement of the Bayern players.

Either Poch is being stubborn; and showing Levy that the players he has don't match his system or, he is inept.

I have watched all of Leipzig's league games this season. Want to know more about Nagelsmann. Some of their players really get me going.
Real Sociedad in Spain also play some lovely football right now. And with a slew of youth talents involved.

Wasn’t you tugging off John Thomas when he read between the lines that Poch was going to leave two years ago......due to an article ......in the newspapers.......

:harrylol:
Get the baby oil out, sammy.

MAURICIO POCHETTINO held clear-the-air talks with his shell-shocked stars after their 7-2 thrashing by Bayern Munich.

And the Tottenham boss told them to forget all about Tuesday’s second-half collapse — and remember only the first half.

Poch’s men suffered the worst ever defeat by an English club in Europe.

And the Argentine summoned his squad, who have won just three of ten matches this season, for talks at training yesterday.

An insider said: “It was calm and no tea cups were thrown. The gaffer said he was happy with the first 45 minutes — and wanted us to remember that going forward.

“Of course he wasn’t happy with conceding three goals in the last seven minutes.

“But he clearly thinks it was a freak result and doesn’t want us to dwell on it too much.”

Listening to Ian Holloway on Talkshite this morning, he said roughly, "that stuff that Poch said before the Champions League final about leaving if they won... the two above him (pep/klopp) wouldn't do that".

I agree with him. Poch has been arrogant in the press a lot and it's taken a while, but fuck it, I've had enough of him. I don't give a shit about people saying it's Levy, or it's Poch or this or that, the fact is I don't think he wants to be here anymore and he's letting it slide. Not sure that can be argued with. I'd be delighted if he left today, let's move on.
Although pep did tell his team he was leaving at the end of the season. Just a few months in to that season. Maybe that is the right thing to do & good for team morale but I am not convinced. I know this was meant to have a negative impact on the team & the fans were unhappy too.
Playing over half a season under a manager you know is leaving hmmm.

On 20 December, Bayern confirmed that Guardiola was leaving the club after his contract expires at the end of the season, with Carlo Ancelotti his replacement for the 2016–17 season.

Although pep did tell his team he was leaving at the end of the season. Just a few months in to that season. Maybe that is the right thing to do & good for team morale but I am not convinced. I know this was meant to have a negative impact on the team & the fans were unhappy too.

On 20 December, Bayern confirmed that Guardiola was leaving the club after his contract expires at the end of the season, with Carlo Ancelotti his replacement for the 2016–17 season.

Huge difference. Poch was saying he would leave because it would just be so miraculous that he'd taken little spurs to be CL winners and there'd be no point in staying after that. Different to officially announcing a career move.

He should have been saying, if we win the champs league I am going to fight with everything I have to win it again multiple times and build a fucking empire with Spurs.

“But he clearly thinks it was a freak result and doesn’t want us to dwell on it too much.”

Freak result? Both Jenas and Hoddle said Tottenham need to be careful not to concede before half time. We did. I think many suspected we would fall to pieces after that, and we did. This is yet another lead we have given up. Let's not forget when Newcastle absolutely hammered us, it's almost like it isn't a freak result and there is a bit of a trend here.

Sometimes in life you have to dwell on the shite parts and reflect. This philosophy of, "It doesn't matter, let's quickly move on and not talk about it" is just ignorant. I want the players to dwell on it, to be ashamed, to put in a shift against Brighton. Fuck "moving on", I want it to be their nightmare because fear is one of life's best motivators.

Huge difference. Poch was saying he would leave because it would just be so miraculous that he'd taken little spurs to be CL winners and there'd be no point in staying after that. Different to officially announcing a career move.

He should have been saying, if we win the champs league I am going to fight with everything I have to win it again multiple times and build a fucking empire with Spurs.
So you think pep did the right thing? & it has a positive impact knowing your manager is leaving at the end of season when you are only a few months in to a new season.

Back
Top Bottom