Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
4 games ago we played our first CL final. People want to sack him 3 games later?

Nutjobs

And some people saw these problems 18 months ago.....getting to the CL final was big.

But people keep talking about it as an achievement....It wasnt. We lost, Im not sure if that part has escaped many?
Our CL games were not mirrored in the PL where we were largely toilet, depsite some good results.

I ain’t wanting rid of Poch personally unless he wants out or has lost the desire. Even then the type of manager we need is not like before. We are a bigger club because of Poch now and of course the stadium as well.

If Poch left tomorrow I’d be after Benitez at least but deep down I’d want a nasty fucker like Simeone who would brutalise us and any opposition we faced. Fuck even Poch’s mentor Belisa would be ok in my view.

Top managers are few and far between.

And that's why we shouldn't bin Poch. Look at some of our former Managers. Dreadful

What other "big" club, is sticking with a manager for 6 seasons who has won zero trophies?

Can you see any of; City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or Woolwich settling for this?

Then ask yourself why do we settle for it? Its not like he hasn't had the tools at his disposal to win some kind of trophy.

We've been nearly men and we seem happy to continue to be nearly men. The best stadium in the country isn't fixing that mentality

Embarrassing! Pochettino is the only reason we can even put our name in with these other clubs. Ffs

I ain’t wanting rid of Poch personally unless he wants out or has lost the desire. Even then the type of manager we need is not like before. We are a bigger club because of Poch now and of course the stadium as well.

If Poch left tomorrow I’d be after Benitez at least but deep down I’d want a nasty fucker like Simeone who would brutalise us and any opposition we faced. Fuck even Poch’s mentor Belisa would be ok in my view.

Top managers are few and far between.
From the conferences, I think Poch has lost interest and desire because of lack of spending but that's the board we have and supporters are used to plus stadium debt makes it worse for any manager over the next 10 years or so.
There are issues in the squad and Poch and probably above, not rosy.
I doubt if Simeone will be interested, Rafa would be ideal even though not a popular appointment.

It's a no from me, he's done more than enough to allow time for some introspection and hopefully improvement.
But if he is unhappy and the constant moaning to the press makes it sound that way, then i wish he would go. Having an unhappy manager at the club doesn't do anyone any good.

Embarrassing! Pochettino is the only reason we can even put our name in with these other clubs. Ffs

Can we though? In the last decade:
Woolwich 3 trophies
Chelsea 10 trophies
City 7 trophies
Utd 8 trophies
Liverpool 2 trophies

Poch has been here for half of that.
30 major honours between the top 6, and Spurs have zero

I've had many messages saying Levy should make a statement outlining his expectations of Poch and that, should Poch fail to meet them, his consequent sacking at the end of the season should be automatic. Do you agree with that sentiment?
If we finish outside the top 4 an he makes it 5 years at this club without a trophy.
Well I can't see any reason why someone wouldn't agree with you!

Time to sack poch and bring in big Sam before it’s to late! The glory days are gone, its all about survival now, with all our stadium debt we can’t afford to get relegated! All those who were crying out for levy to splash the cash will regret it when we end up doing a Leeds! So get in big Sam now before one of the other relegation fodders makes a move for him!

If our poor form continues to the point where it looks like we won't be making CL football again, what's our best plan of action?

I complete squad rebuild with Poch at the helm? Building from youth again so players run through walls for him and we get our old style of play back.

Or do we move on from Poch and try something completely new?

I personally feel like when the players aren't working hard for Poch that's when his limitations as a manager comes to the fore but I also think that finding another manager to replicate what we have on the budget we work with is going to be very difficult.

Also, does Poch even have the heart to start from scratch again? Part of me believes even he is looking elsewhere deep down with his comments about leaving etc.

No. I want someone who is grateful of the opportunity to manage such a big club.

I think he is, but it feels like its become all about him and his team of coaches. Talking about leaving if he wins the CL two days before the biggest game since 1984.....because he wouldnt have anymore to achieve here....what the fuck

Honestly. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Consistent Top-4 finishes and a CL final not achievements? With our net spend? With our turnover vs the other Big 6? Poch has done wonders, keeping us competitive at the top-end through Wembley and into NWHL. This place is just becoming a haven for armchair whingebags.

tenor.gif

What other "big" club, is sticking with a manager for 6 seasons who has won zero trophies?

Can you see any of; City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or Woolwich settling for this?

Then ask yourself why do we settle for it? Its not like he hasn't had the tools at his disposal to win some kind of trophy.

We've been nearly men and we seem happy to continue to be nearly men. The best stadium in the country isn't fixing that mentality

You make a fair point.

Sarri was derided at Chelsea and won the europa league in one season.
Even Wenger won cups with the scum when they were way past their best.

Sounds like the arguments in favour of Poch are emotional.
The arguments against, data driven.

Wouldn’t say that totally, if you change you manager you’d better get a fucking a good one if Poch is to leave, it’s a massive gamble and not something the club should take lightly.

But yes emotionally speaking his prior performance has been brilliant and he has earned a lot of loyalty from fans.

Can we though? In the last decade:
Woolwich 3 trophies
Chelsea 10 trophies
City 7 trophies
Utd 8 trophies
Liverpool 2 trophies
Poch has been here for half of that.
30 major honours between the top 6, and Spurs have zero
And in the last 2 decades.......1 league cup

Levy has been here for all of that

Graham, Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, Poch.

There's only one constant here. Daniel Levy. If your'e blaming Poch for two virtually trophyless decades, you've got your head up your arse.

Anyone think Utd could come for Poch this season?

Ole looks out of his depth and I don’t see him lasting the season- would Poch be likely to turn them down at this point?

Back
Top Bottom