Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Poch gone! just remember how much of a mess we where before him?

We have issues in the team for sure, the transfer window is still open and we don’t know if players are staying or going, add to Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon not yet up to speed or ready and issues at right back and you can see how we are a bit destabilised at the moment.

When the transfer window closes and the team is set then let’s judge.

The problem is our league right now is that we have two super coaches in Klopp and Pep and we have to compete with that. I don’t see anyone other than maybe Simeone who is as good or better who we might be able to get.

Poch in for me.

Poch wanted a complete overhaul of the squad.

He didn’t get it.
Poch must be the most naive person on Earth if he thought he's going to get it. He is been at the club for 5 years so knows Levy's tight budget, he knows the club debt from the new stadium. To overhaul the squad would cost over £100 net spend and Levy would never do that. Cuckoo land.

Mourinho is toxic and no way he works with Levy. Always needs a big transfer budget and massive wage bill.
Doesnt develop youth, stays 2-3 years max at one club and would jump at the first sniff of Real wanting him back.

Benitez is decent but question marks over footballing style.

I actually think Benitez would do well with us. He's a bit defensive but he does know how to play attacking football/get the most out of his attackers as well. His career is not that bad either and compared to Ashley working under Levy would have to be like working with untold riches.

He'll be back in England before long since his family still lives in/outside of Liverpool

Poch must be the most naive person on Earth if he thought he's going to get it. He is been at the club for 5 years so knows Levy's tight budget, he knows the club debt from the new stadium. To overhaul the squad would cost over £100 net spend and Levy would never do that. Cuckoo land.
No club would do a complete overhaul of the starting 11 in one window unless you are Sevilla who do that almost every year and have a hot start followed by falling down the table every single time.

When Poch spoke of a overhaul and generation shift he obviously meant over the coming couple of windows. He's been given the tools to overhaul the midfield in this one.

I have read with interest the reaction, including a poll on whether Poch or Levy is to blame, since the Newcastle defeat.
There seems to be a consensus that Poch has had his day and is no longer the man for the job. Is this merely a noisy minority, or is a managerial change on the horizon?
Vince - I am dissapoint

He has earned the right to be given *much* more time.

I do agree that something is a bit wrong behind the scenes, but I'd back him to fix it. He's still the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

Voted No for now, the closing of the transfer window next week might just lay a few ghosts to rest, it’s something that has unsettled Pochettino and maybe when it’s closed and we know where we stand as a squad it might settle us down for the rest of the season.
But with 3 starting players all out of contract January might be another problematic month again, so who knows....

Levy isn’t going to knee jerk this decision, only fan unrest will force his hand, or Poch just point blank walking, but I don’t think is his style.

The big problem is who? Most of the top names require money to spend, a lot of money to spend, and we ain’t that club, so if anything does happen, and something definitely will between now and May then Rafa Benitez is probably our best bet.

I think he's getting ready to walk.

We seem to get an awful lot of hamstring injuries.

I wonder if players are starting to question the intensity of his training regime.

No club would do a complete overhaul of the starting 11 in one window unless you are Sevilla who do that almost every year and have a hot start followed by falling down the table every single time.

When Poch spoke of a overhaul and generation shift he obviously meant over the coming couple of windows. He's been given the tools to overhaul the midfield in this one.
That's naive from you too. Nodombele was Dembele's replacement and GLC for Eriksen. We have no second striker after losing LLorente. Aurier wants out, we have KWP youngster as first choice RB. We needed more signings for cover, let alone overhaul.
The squad doesn't need overhaul, we are not an ageing squad. The main stars in Lloris, Son, Lucas, Sanchez, Kane, Lamela plus GLC and Ndombele are still young. we needed quality signings in LB, RB and a striker. No idea when Sess will be ready, probably another 2 months.

I have read with interest the reaction, including a poll on whether Poch or Levy is to blame, since the Newcastle defeat.
There seems to be a consensus that Poch has had his day and is no longer the man for the job. Is this merely a noisy minority, or is a managerial change on the horizon?

For me it's far too early to start talking about this becoming a real possibility but stranger things have happened.

One one hand he has secured us numerous, consecutive top 4s which has made our team far bigger in the eyes of a neutral but equally has that been enough? Personally I think it has up until this season but with Levy getting Poch 2x £50m players through the door the ball is back in Poch's court.

My biggest issue with him at the moment isn't necessarily the results, it's the noise coming from him about him maybe wanting to leave if we'd have won the final, the lack of ruling other things out, the way he's played his game with the media for whatever reason he has etc, he's made it out like it's been a real struggle managing the club because he wants us to conduct our business on the same level as Liverpool, Man U or Man City etc.

We're a top club to manage with excellent facilities, a stadium that looks the bollocks but Poch has become a bit of a moaner. Now he's blaming the end of the transfer window for him not being able to get the team settled which to me doesn't make sense. Everyone can see that Davinson Sanchez has a mistake in him & that Eriksen should be starting if he's available and for me if we were playing Liverpool yesterday both would have probably played. It's easy to pick the bones out of a loss afterwards but Lamela and Lucas are squad players, neither start in a strongest XI when all are on song and Pochettino's persistent selecting of foot soldiers instead of winners is my biggest concern.

I say we give him as much time as he deserves until the position becomes untenable. Pulling the trigger on him without letting him prove he can get the team finding a rhythm is lunacy in my opinion. Poch is being too loyal to a couple of under performers and he speaks of ruthlessness but we can all see Lamela should be one falling under his axe if he is to do what he preaches but he's still there doing his usual flattering to deceive.

I worry that Pochettino has been lured by the bright lights of star signings. He needs to not lose touch with the signings that don't come with a high price tag. Lo Celso could have been signed for £22m a year ago yet he now wants him at c£55m etc. He needs to stop chasing the glory too quickly, believe in the processes and just calm the team down so they can get back to basics.

It's a tough one as we have many talented players that are all a little too green for a top 4 team. KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Winks still need to add a fair bit to their games and with them not having the finishing touches our team has a bit of a brittle feel to it when the pressure is on.

Poch and the boys deserve more time, more than any other manager in my lifetime and I won't be calling for a change just yet. Let's see how the team settles down and see how the seasons looking 10 league games in before seeing if this is a real issue or just a spell where heads ain't as straight as they should be.

Any change of manager is utterly pointless while Levy and ENIC are in place/continue with their current policy and even if they leave/have a road to Damascus moment. Not just that it would be hugely detrimental.

The collective shitting of the bed after yesterday is fucking ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom