Player Contracts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not worth the paper they're scrawled on... if they wanna go, they'll go... a 2-3 year contract is only good to bump up the sell-on fee...
If we don't make the CL, there's no way Modric & Bale are staying 'till 2015-16... don't kid yourself and save yourself the heartache later!

1882 said:
Not worth the paper they're scrawled on... if they wanna go, they'll go... a 2-3 year contract is only good to bump up the sell-on fee...
If we don't make the CL, there's no way Modric & Bale are staying 'till 2015-16... don't kid yourself and save yourself the heartache later!

Agreed, but at least we'd get a nice fee and have a choice as to whether they can join Woolwich :baletroll:

Interesting thread. If Dawkins contract started in 2004 then it makes him our second longest serving player. Also, Ledley's youth contract started in 1996 so should be included instead of 1998.

The start dates are the dates off the official site which are dates they joined from the academy I believe

The official site is hilarious.

There is no way Simon Dawkins joined from the academy in 2004 considering he only joined the academy in 2004 as a schoolboy. Wiki says he joined from the academy in 2008, although he was on the bench for a first team match in 2007. Anyway he was released in 2009 before he re-signed in 2011, so it definitely isn't 2004 whatever way you look at it unless you consider Ledley's contract as starting in 1996... which they don't.

:ledley:

I'm correcting certain things and making it clear that the from date is when they joined Spurs (since Academy not from the Academy) and not when their first professional contract started. I'm going with Ledley joining in July 1997 even though wiki contradicts itself by saying 1996-1998 as a youth career then saying within the content joining as a trainee July 1997.

So Dawkins joined the academy in 2004 and yes went pro in 2008. He may have been on the bench in 2007 but so was Kevin Stewart in the Europa League this year and he's not got a professional contract yet. I'm also ignoring him being released and re-signed as he didn't have any club in-between.

Not Spurs related but just seen on Skysports that the West Ham co owner Sullivan has revealed Demba Ba's release clasue is 7mil.......and Ba gets half of any fee agreed.

Haha

I've blogged this with tables on the gg website. Corrections are up there. I can't find the time to make a non-table version and taking a screenshot this time is pointless as it contains a lot of clickable links.

At what point do we cut our losses with Dawkins... amazing to think he's our second longest serving player, (and must be about 40 by now, just like Jon 'Old Man' Obika!) ...but apart from being on the bench at Stevenage has barely registered on the 1st team squad Richter scale!

Either he's just not good enough, or is more than happy to just be a peripheral part of the club, but no more... maybe he won a 'Shoot!' prize in 2004 to visit the training ground for the day and just hang around??

Well he's out on loan to the MLS for another season now and even though he's been around since 2004 he was released and then resigned in 2009/10.

I've updated the main post to something a little more viewable, however links are not clickable as it's just an image. Let me know if you want the link to any of the sources.

Updating this here now: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/entry.php? ... -Contracts

Updated the Jenas extension to it.

Contracts expiring this season.

Heurelho Gomes (Spurs have an option to extend by 2 years)
Carlo Cudicini (David Button seems to believe Carlo has another year)
Oscar Jansson
Ledley King
Ryan Nelsen (Spurs have option to extend by 1 year)
Bruno Uvini (April 2012 trial)
Jake Nicholson
Emmanuel Adebayor (on loan)
Louis Saha (Spurs are believed to have a 1 year option)
Cameron Lancaster (not confirmed)

and some unknown contract end dates which may be expiring this season
Ben Alnwick (signed unknown extension in Jul 2011)
Nathan Byrne (turned pro Jun 2010)
Harry Kane (turned pro Jun 2010)

Back
Top Bottom