Player Contracts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dru said:
Ben Alnwick - what is the point?

Or do Spurs keep them on through loyalty?

No idea. He's only played in 2 Spurs XI games this season too and was out on loan for a couple of months at Leyton Orient only.

Dru said:
Ben Alnwick - what is the point?

Never a truer word... I wouldn't be surprised if that's his nick-name at Spurs Lodge!!

HARRY: "Oi, Whatsthepoint... those farking bollards won't pick themselves up!"
BEN WHATSTHEPOINT ALNWICK: "Yessir... doing it right away Sir!"

zin said:
1882 said:
Not worth the paper they're scrawled on... if they wanna go, they'll go... a 2-3 year contract is only good to bump up the sell-on fee...
If we don't make the CL, there's no way Modric & Bale are staying 'till 2015-16... don't kid yourself and save yourself the heartache later!

Agreed, but at least we'd get a nice fee and have a choice as to whether they can join Woolwich :baletroll:

Bale to Barca or Real M and Modric to Juve or Inter (dunno why but just got this feeling, even though Inter is struggling)

Created a new blog on this, away from glory-glory.

http://spursplayers.blogspot.com/

Some updates/assumptions based on the Premier League list of retained players.

• Updated Bale and Caulker extensions.
  • Nathan Byrne, Jake Nicholson, Alex Pritchard and Jonathan Obika have had their contracts extended.
  • Gomes has had his 2 year option activated by the club.
  • Jordan Archer and Ryan Frederick's contracts must have been expiring this season and have had new offers, they both have started pre-season training according to their twitter so maybe they've signed new ones.
  • Same for Cameron Lancaster but not sure if he has a real twitter account as no mention of pre-season or tweets with fellow Spurs on http://twitter.com/#!/cameronpl

Bit surprised Nicholson and Obika have been kept.

I suspect Cudicini signed a new contract extension during last season but it was not reported anywhere.

We are still waiting for news on Ledley and Adebayor.

Kaboul and Lennon must be the next players due a contract renewal.

Some confirmation from Gomes about having another 2 years left.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... enham.html

He said: “I’m sure that Villas-Boas’ arrival is going to help me. He is great and he wants to do the best for Tottenham. I’m sure he will achieve many things here. I hope I could play in his team until 2014.

“I have two more years under contract at Spurs and I intend to fulfil them. But I’m tired of Europe, I have reached my limit here.

“I’m 31 years old and I’m thinking about moving back to Brazil.

“Atletico Mineiro wanted me, but Tottenham asked them to pay a fortune of £8million for me and the negotiation finished.”

Sell him while we still can...please,I'm begging you Levy...you know it makes sense he's the biggest liability in your balance sheet. Or negative asset...shit,giving too much away here,soon everyone will know I failed my accounting exams and am now a Tesco shelf stacker...oh,bugger.

Marshy said:
Sell him while we still can...please,I'm begging you Levy...you know it makes sense he's the biggest liability in your balance sheet. Or negative asset...shit,giving too much away here,soon everyone will know I failed my accounting exams and am now a Tesco shelf stacker...oh,bugger.

So... big fan then?

Back
Top Bottom