Player Contracts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With this talk of Dawson leaving, I started wondering about how big a squad list we'll actually have this autumn.

I count:

13 non-homegrown: Friedel, Cudicini, Gomes, Kaboul, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Sandro, Sigurðsson, van der Vaart, dos Santos, Falqué, Adebayor

12 homegrown: Button, Naughton, Rose, Walker, Bale, Bentley, Lennon, Huddlestone, Parker, Livermore, Jenas, Defoe

1 non-U21 sent on loan: Khumalo

Caulker and Townsend are too young to be on the squad list.

So with Dawson (and Modrić) gone, we're exactly at 25 men, with a pile of potential leeway in terms of homegrown players. Last winter, we had a squad of 21 (iirc).

Just a sort of reminder for myself, I suppose. If we still bring in a non-homegrown striker and midfielder, two players will have to move.

Isn't Falque young enough not to be included in the 25 man squad?

Not to mention Rose, Button, and Livermore?

Also I can't see them picking 4 goalies in the squad, Surely one of Gomes and Cudicini will be off should we bring in Lloris or Butland.

And with Huddlestone gone, that by my count is about 21 players needing to be registered. Plenty of room for another 4 non home grown players.

Tucker said:

Also I can't see them picking 4 goalies in the squad, Surely one of Gomes and Cudicini will be off should we bring in Lloris or Butland.
Falqué is 22. Rose, 22. Livermore, 22. Button, 23.

Tucker said:
And with Huddlestone gone, that by my count is about 21 players needing to be registered. Plenty of room for another 4 non home grown players.
Except the four you subtracted get added back…

Éperons said:
Tucker said:

Falqué is 22. Rose, 22. Livermore, 22. Button, 23.

963esohzq2.gif

Bugger me I feel old now.

Does Button show any signs of being any good? if not time to ship him out.

Éperons said:
With this talk of Dawson leaving, I started wondering about how big a squad list we'll actually have this autumn.

I count:

13 non-homegrown: Friedel, Cudicini, Gomes, Kaboul, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Sandro, Sigurðsson, van der Vaart, dos Santos, Falqué, Adebayor

12 homegrown: Button, Naughton, Rose, Walker, Bale, Bentley, Lennon, Huddlestone, Parker, Livermore, Jenas, Defoe

1 non-U21 sent on loan: Khumalo

Caulker and Townsend are too young to be on the squad list.

So with Dawson (and Modrić) gone, we're exactly at 25 men, with a pile of potential leeway in terms of homegrown players. Last winter, we had a squad of 21 (iirc).

Just a sort of reminder for myself, I suppose. If we still bring in a non-homegrown striker and midfielder, two players will have to move.

Saw somewhere that Sigurðsson counts as home-grown also.

Actually look at that. As many home grown as there are non home grown.

HELLO MAN CITY?

Was playing as them on FM and struggled to register a squad of at least 3 home grown LOL

wizwardcoys said:
Actually look at that. As many home grown as there are non home grown.
Don't let the dude from EPLTalk notice.

Actually, last year I looked into this. Unsurprisingly, the side with the fewest homegrown players was Woolwich, which had five. Hence, they had a complete squad of only 22 (since you're allowed a maximum of 17 non-homegrown players). City had 8, which meant they could've had a complete squad of 25, had they so chosen. Liverpool had a squad list of only 19 last spring… what a mess.

Back
Top Bottom