Paulinho the dreadnought vs Adam the skaghead round 2 aka vs Stoke thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of a blessing that we didnt come back and win it. Papering over the cracks like last week again wouldn't have been a great thing regardless of the points. Knives are out

If Charlie Brown supported a team it would definitely be Tottenham.

Other "celebrity" Tottenham supporters ...

Eeyore
Private Frazer (Dad's Army)
Milhouse Van Houten
Withnail

Come to think of it, that's a better back four than we have now.

Pochettino is in a real tough spot now. What he should do is start dropping senior players and inserting young players or lesser used players to make a point. But if he pisses off senior players and they start making problems, there is no guarantee that Levy won't just sack him.

Our manager needs to be given autonomy to build HIS squad without having his head placed under the guillotine constantly. But Levy is meddler and this what you get when a businessman assembles your team.

Going forward, Vertonghen needs to start and I'd probably play Dier next to him though with Naughton suspended that might not happen. I'd have a long like at including the likes of Oglivie and Ball as well. Can't be worse than the current lot. Capoue needs to be dropped, Stambouli or healthy Bentaleb to partner Mason. Getting almost nothing out of Eriksen and Lamela makes it so difficult for us to play well. Wouldn't mind seeing Ceballos or Onomah get a chance.

We need to shake it up and motivate the side. Levy needs to make sure Pochettino has the stability and authority to do that.

we keep saying move on to the next it is the same old shit winning against teams who i hardly hear of in midweek and hanging on in those games.You can see it a mile of we will not win what happens when we play the top sides its going to shocking we got chelsea soon god help us

Poch is wise to the limitations of a small pitch

So why roll with the predictable 4231 inverted winger tactics vs a side sitting back ?

Add a second striker , use some wingers on their natural side adding some width and bury the box with crosses.

Poch and this diabolical approach at the Lane for these types of games will always end badly.

Spursy as fuck that kaboul hasn't managed to get injured once yet this season.
Because that's the only way he's going to be dropped out of the team.

I can understand it taking time to add some fluency to our attack with the new manager but for fucks sake at least start by making us hard to beat. I don't think I've seen another side in the league whose defence is so easy to get at.

What is the point of having 2 deep midfielders at home if they are then going to allow a player to run 30 yards straight through the centre of the pitch and take a shot at goal with not one challenge coming in.

So confused by what is supposed to be happening. No one knows who to blame. Players, manager, chairmen, fans. The whole thing is a big mess again.

I'm still adamant we should never have sacked AVB. Those smashing a by city and Liverpool aside, we at least looked quite solid at the back if not a little dull going forward (funny that when you don't have a better than mid table striker at the club) If only we'd actually bought the players he wanted.

Jesus wept this is so depressing. The worst part is, it was entirely predictable. I am not shocked by this defeat in the slightest

Positioning and awareness is absolutely critical to being a quality defender

Danny Rose lacks both which will always prevent him from evolving as a quality LB. That should be his priority from a development perspective

I'm not gonna get on Poch's back too much as I defy anyone to get a tune out of that gutless, clueless bunch. However, having said that, his tactics to get back in the match showed and equal lack of guts, decisiveness and insight: we're 2-0 down at home, go for it, switch up the formation, add another forward, keep Townsend wide on left, etc,... just don't understand this playing one upfront all the time, like-for-like subs, and always waiting until this golden 60 mins to bring on another attacker. Some serious fucking work to be done.

Back
Top Bottom