Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Sammy, I Don't. You think I do, but I don't. I don't expect him to score from absolutely every opportunity that comes his way, but am patient with him enough to know that he has the ability to convert eventually.
You call it "telling it like it is" and "not being a fan boy" some would call it "being a melt."
I asked you before the two obvious misses why you thought he was playing "fucking shit" and your answer - after an increasing level of abuse was to say he wasn't contributing in deep positions (he's a striker FFS) and that he didn't score from a split second opportunity off a totally unexpected defensive error. That was the total evidence for you condemning him(at that point) for playing "fucking shit"
This is a recurrent theme, no?
When I gave you the opportunity to explain what you meant, you went totally on the offensive and started criticising me for things I hadn't said, calling me a fanboy, a fake and then belittling me for my age and presumably my mental faculties.
You tell me this is because you see things that I don't, despite being given no evidence whatsoever of any opinions I might hold. Yet you personally abused me for the unspoken opinions anyway.
All this off the back of me saying "oh really?" When you said Lamela was playing well, which he wasn't. He was little more than bang average up to that point and stayed in the same mood until he was hooked. Not bad, just average, he has played much better.
From that question you concocted an offensive tirade at my expense abusing me for things I hadn't said and questions I hadn't asked.
So thanks for that.
Makes you wonder why you keep getting banned, eh?

Posts should be limited to certain number of characters. The above post is too long and I won't read it.

Not every time mate. He dived over Hennessy.

I don't care he dives, it's a depressing part of the game now, gotta accept it. But he does dive.

The thing that annoys me is the judgement, as absolutely every team does it.
Look at Salah. Touch his shoulder, he falls to the ground like an inflatable arm waving wacky tube man.
Compare the reaction from the squads of ex gooner and dipper pundits to one of Alli's .

Poor performence good result, Palace defended with a back 10 but we should have won 4-0.

Kane and Ali both had off days but Kane obviously came up with the winner as he’s just that type of player. Though Aurier was really really shit people are really going overboard again.

Great win. Dug in, didn't throw in the towel and got there in the end.

The best thing about it is other teams forums going into meltdown over Alli. I love it. Fuck them.

The old roll over and have your tummy tickled Tottenham is no more.

Good game, we played well.

Eriksen and Dele seriously need to work on their finishing. Yes, Harry should've scored atleast one more, but the playmakers also got to get clinical. Both are too wasteful with chances.

Hopefully nothing too serious with Vertonghen.

I missed the second half (out with the flu, just going to shut my eyes a little during the brake). Happy to wake up to a win. Saw that Lucas got about 25 minutes and Son 10. How did they do?

I missed the second half (out with the flu, just going to shut my eyes a little during the brake). Happy to wake up to a win. Saw that Lucas got about 25 minutes and Son 10. How did they do?
Moura did ok - nothing special. Son made a few decent runs but not enough time to make a real
Impact

Probably the only time I’m cheering for United this season. As it stands we sit 2 clear of Chelsea. They have City away next and we have Huddersfield at home. Results go our way again and we’re suddenly 5 points clear of them.

I know we should be aiming to catch United, but in my opinion, at this moment in time the most important thing is getting in the top 4 and aiming to win the FA Cup.

Clear dive by Alli, he was falling before contact was made....he has only himself to blame. He has to cut that shit out, not doing his rep any good whatsoever!
Sorry, I meant after today! :deledoubt:
Silly boy... hasn't helped himself, and merely plays into the hands of those who want to bring him down (literally!!)

The real shame is... he's SO much better than that!

We did improve 2nd half, still a bit off I feel, but we got the job done.
As Kane said, they kept plugging away, and this is what we do now.
Not going to go on about it, but we were sloppy and bullied off the ball numerous times, it did not look like we were fully vibing out there today... Some credit to Palace but certainly plenty of unforced errors so to speak.
Definitely had to dig deep to get the 3 points.
Well done though lads, massive 3 points it is.
COYS

DW4v_N7XkAAhKWQ.jpg:large

Aurier will be popular in training this week...
What did you make of Serge Aurier's three foul throws?

We are going to practice every day! I promise that to the fans too. Every day this week! I'm sure they are very disappointed. The first one he tried to get the ball into play quickly and then maybe made a mistake. You know it was probably a little bit too much pressure from the referee, similar to Dele. When Dele does something he gets the focus, it was the same with Serge with the ball. But I promise everyone that we are going to practice every day.

Spurs 1 - Hennessey 0 . No one else turned up for Palace today.

That Sorlof was ok for them, offered an out route. But I agree, they’re in trouble. Zaha will be off in the summer as well.

Reckon we can get Zaha and Jay Rodriquez on the cheap of the teams are relegated?

Back
Top Bottom