Our failed domestic cup runs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole set up , for me , is getting further & further away from football , the nfl , go karts & talk of plans to have several teams in other sports which will probably end in disaster as Levy struggles to keep one plate spinning let alone dozens .
I kind of have the opposite opinion. The more Levy has to focus on other than football, the better. It forces him to delegate more control over football operations to someone else. Or he collapses under too many responsibilities, starts losing money, and Uncle Joe either has a word or starts seriously courting a buyer.

FWIW, I have no issues with the NFL, the go karts, commercial developments, etc. The club is, and always has been, run on a strict and consistent budget. As we produce more revenue, we spend more on the squad. We'd all like a more generous budget, sure, but we can't force Lewis/Levy to be less risk averse. So anything that can grow revenue is good, as it raises the level of spending.

I know some will want to argue with that point, but it's in black and white on the balance sheet. Our turnover:spending ratio has been extremely consistent for 20 years. More revenue is always a positive.

I kind of have the opposite opinion. The more Levy has to focus on other than football, the better. It forces him to delegate more control over football operations to someone else. Or he collapses under too many responsibilities, starts losing money, and Uncle Joe either has a word or starts seriously courting a buyer.

FWIW, I have no issues with the NFL, the go karts, commercial developments, etc. The club is, and always has been, run on a strict and consistent budget. As we produce more revenue, we spend more on the squad. We'd all like a more generous budget, sure, but we can't force Lewis/Levy to be less risk averse. So anything that can grow revenue is good, as it raises the level of spending.

I know some will want to argue with that point, but it's in black and white on the balance sheet. Our turnover:spending ratio has been extremely consistent for 20 years. More revenue is always a positive.
I hope you’re right but wasn’t it said that he micro managed the build of the stadium? I’d love him to step away from the football side

Doubt there was. Nobody has any money, except the top 10-12 clubs in Europe. And they aren’t wanting to sign our dregs.

Still struggling though to comprehend Tanguy winning the Italian title. 😂
He's been used effectively. In the way we seem to be using Son at the moment. Let some one with legs run them into the ground, then bring the les fit player on at the end to hopefully finish them off.
It's a bit strange how TND gets on as a sub every single game it seems. If he was shit, he wouldn't get any minutes.

Have we been turning down offers for our players? Can’t recall hearing about any, except Man City trying for Kane.

You won’t have.

“Hello Daniel it’s the chairman of Southampton.
I hear you might sell Harry winks?? How much?

“£25million pounds my good sir”

200w.gif

You mention we had "no Shots on target" and then blame the defenders! ?????
Yes the defence is shite, we can all agree on that, however had the attack been doing there job and actually scored before Sheffield did , we would have won, the longer it stayed 0-0 the more confident they got, I cant Stand Sanchez or half our defence, however I think the Attack are to blame for us not going through and the fact that Son and Peresic stayed on the pitch the whole game is a Joke!
That’s the tragic fair and balanced truth: we were impressively shit all over the pitch.

You need to have respect. Holberg is a leader. He basically commands our team on the pitch..he has heart and fight and is an amazing player. He was superb against Chelsea unless your memory is that short. He had an off fame and you turn on him. Holberg along with kane are always first on my team sheet. One thing I agree with you is maddison will be a great buy for us.

PEH can’t play more than once a week though so not captain material

I was so pissed off with Wednesday night that I have pretty well stayed away from the Forum. Just skipped through this thread. I actually have little enthusiasm for tomorrows match and will be no where near as pissed if we lose. More interested in Milan match although we could progress we have zero chance of winning the tournament. So we are left with the top 4 trophy to go for again which no longer excites me.
Why does it happen? Well Levy has not helped by not putting good bonuses in the contracts to encourage the Manager & players but lack of spending is nothing to do with failure to beat a Championship side.

The Manager is at fault for not playing a stronger team. That is Conte, although Stellini defends the team but blames attitude. It was his job to get that attitude right and he failed miserably. Final nail in their coffin and I no longer want them to be offered a new contract. Just do not bring back Poch. Get a new Manager who must be targeted to get a trophy as well as Top 4.

The players on the night were as bad as several other performances this season and some poor performances were from International players. It can only be down to the tactics but they seem to be able to win at Home but not away and the poorest performances are coming against teams that we should be beating like Sheff Utd, Leicester & Nottingham Forest.

So we have fucked up both domestic Competitions going out tamely to inferior teams.

The fans need to let the club know we went a trophy.

I was so pissed off with Wednesday night that I have pretty well stayed away from the Forum. Just skipped through this thread. I actually have little enthusiasm for tomorrows match and will be no where near as pissed if we lose. More interested in Milan match although we could progress we have zero chance of winning the tournament. So we are left with the top 4 trophy to go for again which no longer excites me.
Why does it happen? Well Levy has not helped by not putting good bonuses in the contracts to encourage the Manager & players but lack of spending is nothing to do with failure to beat a Championship side.

The Manager is at fault for not playing a stronger team. That is Conte, although Stellini defends the team but blames attitude. It was his job to get that attitude right and he failed miserably. Final nail in their coffin and I no longer want them to be offered a new contract. Just do not bring back Poch. Get a new Manager who must be targeted to get a trophy as well as Top 4.

The players on the night were as bad as several other performances this season and some poor performances were from International players. It can only be down to the tactics but they seem to be able to win at Home but not away and the poorest performances are coming against teams that we should be beating like Sheff Utd, Leicester & Nottingham Forest.

So we have fucked up both domestic Competitions going out tamely to inferior teams.

The fans need to let the club know we went a trophy.

We had 4 on target from 17 attempts. They had 1 on target from 7 attempts.

But yes, it's not a one off, not just under ENIC either.
Fucking blaming ENIC...

Gooners hate Kronke,
Man Utd fans hate the Glazers...
Yet both have won (and are about to win more) under their current owners...

Levy and ENIC OWN/run the club...

The players PLAY for the club.

The squad ENIC have provided was MORE than capable of beating Sheff Utd... they're not a Championship squad...
At best, the 2nd XI are probably a mid table PL quality (apart from Sanchez who's 4th division!!) But still better than the opposition...

Problem was, the opposition WANTED it more, cos for SOME reason, our players are above all that FA Cup m'larkey!

Well, I as a fan am NOT above all that...
Call me old fashioned, call me naive, call me a romantic fool.... But I quite WANTED to WIN the FA Cup again, sometime before I toddle off this earth....

Shame the players don't feel the same way!

We'd better fucking win tomorrow, and again against Milan next week...
otherwise there really is no excuse for Wednesday's pathetic 'eyes on the bigger prize' non-display!

It's not the best analogy Lee. For a team to finish last, they have to be consistently bad over the course of the competition. What we're talking about is a one off cup game where we didn't turn up. We have history of this, same as every other club out there.
Fair enough mate, I accept my analogy was a bit clunky 👍

Back
Top Bottom