Our 2013-14 Home Kit “drops” 8 July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its shit that we will be wearing a blue kit and the "bluebirds" will turn out in red on their own patch.

1057fullimage.jpg
$T2eC16RHJHsFGk3f0)GgBR1sIvhj4!~~60_35.JPG

...who can say money hasn't ruined modern football?!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

'Tis true, a fantastic shirt - sharp, clean, iconic. Top notch.

I just can't help but feel a little bit, I dunno, "underwhelmed"?

I think my issue is the navy shorts & socks - it's just GOT to be different to the home in my book (and thats an old school book too)

'Tis true, a fantastic shirt - sharp, clean, iconic. Top notch.

I just can't help but feel a little bit, I dunno, "underwhelmed"?

I think my issue is the navy shorts & socks - it's just GOT to be different to the home in my book (and thats an old school book too)

It's only an old school book if you've covered it in wallpaper!!

Couldn't agree more... a Navy top was CRYING OUT for White Socks/Shorts/Trim!!

#missedatrickthereUA!

Why isnt the sponsors logo "Cyan" glad its not but just wondering? Seems odd that they didnt stick navy on the home and have cyan with blue on the away and blue with cyan on the 3rd

I suppose I'm just easy to please, as the only kit we've had from UA I genuinely dislike it this year's away. The others all have features I'm not thrilled about, but I'd wear each of them out of the house with pride.

Why isnt the sponsors logo "Cyan" glad its not but just wondering? Seems odd that they didnt stick navy on the home and have cyan with blue on the away and blue with cyan on the 3rd

That would have been awesome. I absolutely love the home shirt aside from the logo.

I suppose I'm just easy to please, as the only kit we've had from UA I genuinely dislike it this year's away. The others all have features I'm not thrilled about, but I'd wear each of them out of the house with pride.
Seems pretty obvious to me that they basically "flip flopped" our away and third kits this season.

Third kit didn't sell too well last season, so we ended up wearing it more than we'd have preferred, just because they were trying to sell kits.

So this season they made our third kit our away kit in order to sell a crap-load of them in the first batch, then released our "away kit" last as our third kit in order to rope even more people into buying kits.

Reckon this one is going to sell through the roof now, and we'll see quite a bit of it. Which is fine with me, seeing as I'm not wild about our away kit, or should I say our third kit?

Seems pretty obvious to me that they basically "flip flopped" our away and third kits this season.

Third kit didn't sell too well last season, so we ended up wearing it more than we'd have preferred, just because they were trying to sell kits.

So this season they made our third kit our away kit in order to sell a crap-load of them in the first batch, then released our "away kit" last as our third kit in order to rope even more people into buying kits.

Reckon this one is going to sell through the roof now, and we'll see quite a bit of it. Which is fine with me, seeing as I'm not wild about our away kit, or should I say our third kit?

Think you're absolutely right. Had they waited this long and dropped that pile of cyan, I can imagine the response would have been pretty harsh.

I'm not sure how the away is selling, but the home has apparently done quite well. Had to order it from the Spurs site directly since UA was constantly selling out. Great for the club, but unfortunately (at least from my stance) we're communicating to the club the cyan and other weird color splashes thrown in are not only okay, but even desirable. Next year, if they decide to remove cyan and go with a classic lineup of white home, navy away, yellow third; I swear to God I'd buy all three for myself, each member of my family, any curious possible Spurs fan I know, and every girl I sleep with that year just for the principle of the matter.

Last edited:
Next year, if they decided to remove cyan and went with a classic lineup of white home, navy away, yellow third; I swear to God I'd buy all three for myself, each member of my family, any curious possible Spurs fan I know, and every girl I sleep with that year just for the principle of the matter.
money-swim-o.gif

For me ... my favorites go as:

Home > Third > Away

This third is nice, but the home remains an absolute beauty. It's unique, yet simple. Hopefully, we will also make some history in this kit ... whether a cup or the league.

Overall, well done to Under Armour.
Maybe, they played it too safe, but the end products are still great.
Plus, I love the fact that our (all 3) strips are different to those in the rest of the league.
Almost everyone that have Puma or Adidas basically have the same design templates. So boring...

Back
Top Bottom