Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's got to be so frustrating for their fans. Over a short period....

Virgil van Dijk, Dejan Lovren, Calum Chambers, Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin, Victor Wanyama, Adam Lallana, Sadio Mane, Jay Rodriguez, The manager, the scouts, the tea lady

Robert Sanchez, Ben White, Marc Cucurella, Moises Caicedo, Alexis Mac Allister, Yves Bissouma, Leandro Trossard, The manager, the scouts, the tea lady

Southampton were up to 5th, raped and pillaged, down they go... Brighton were up to 6th, raped and pillaged, down they go?

Doesn't feel good reading that eh?

EXACTLY! When Rice was transferred they spent all summer talking about him at the 8 (laughably poor scouting to assume a ball-focused #6 that plays in 180* for Moyes can come into an Woolwich team and play space at the #8 in 360*). That didn't go well when he spent the first part of the season hiding, pointing, and pass sideways and backwards...and they were wondering why Odegaard wasn't seeing the ball.

And now he's at the #6 and chasing the ball like a 7 year old chasing a puppy around. I'm not particularly fond of Wanyama-like 'hunters' at the 6 as I like my players to read the game and prevent actions with their positioning. But I'm even less enamored with them in a single pivot with a player lacking discretion.

Still wonder how he gets all these accolades yet has moved positions already and now they seem to want someone actually good. When my friend Deuterz Deuterz gets back I'm sure he'll educate me.

Agree, I just think the chronology is slightly out of whack - I think the stated aim was deluxe Ali to play the L8, Odegard the R8 with the Wankhorn as the single pivot 6. Right away he was exposed as someone that lacks the positional discipline and alacrity to do it, especially in a proactive team that don’t spend all game in the Moyes 30 yard line. Since then he’s been shunted around whilst Arteta tries not to look a twat for demanding Arse spend 100m on a player not fit for the desired purpose - often taking the place of the 70m deluxe Ali who Arteta also demanded for the 8.

Last edited:
Agree, I just think the chronology is slightly out of whack - I think the stated aim was deluxe Ali to play the L8, Odegard the R8 with the Wankhorn as the single pivot 6. Right away he was exposed as someone that lacks the positional discipline and alacrity to do it, especially in a proactive team that don’t spend all game in the Moyes 30 yard line. Since then he’s been shunted around whilst Arteta tries not to look a twat for demanding Arse spend 100m on a player not fit for the desired process - often taking the place of the 70m deluxe Ali who Arteta also demanded for the 8.
Yeah, you're probably right here and I more than likely have the chronology mistaken because it does make more sense that the plan would look like Rice-6, Odegaard and Havertz 8s. And they probably started that way but when I first took them in Rice was running around doing his white-Sissoko routine further upfield...and Arteta was backing his more involved play.

Then it was clear he was hurting things and folks were championing his move back to pure-6...the telltale sign you are shit, the 'he's better where he presently isn't' routine. You know that routine...Dele's better in MF...no, he's better closer to striker...he's better off-screen...or Kulu's better in the middle...no, Kulu's better on the wing...the let's get him back to his best rinse & repeat routine.

Oh my, Toon is in freefall this season, aren't they?
First Tonali ban.
Then general injury crises.
Now selling Joelington (though for FFP dope surely)...
Bayern lurking on Trippier who is important player for them...

Maybe we can put in a cheeky bid for Gordon, while the rapping is at full swing then :D ?

Gee it's a slow window isn't it? Finally FFP/P&S sem to be hitting home.
BBC have listed just 5 permanent deals to bring players into the PL so far this month. 3 of them are teenagers, and a couple have been left at their old club or loaned out elsewhere.

I wonder if this is a trend that will continue going forward? Could it see transfer prices generally falling. (First time ever?)

Gee it's a slow window isn't it? Finally FFP/P&S sem to be hitting home.
BBC have listed just 5 permanent deals to bring players into the PL so far this month. 3 of them are teenagers, and a couple have been left at their old club or loaned out elsewhere.

I wonder if this is a trend that will continue going forward? Could it see transfer prices generally falling. (First time ever?)
Has to. Wages too

Now is our time to really ram home the foundation hes carefully built by prudent management…. Go for it, 250M could get 4 or 5 young players and set us up for the next five years

Who is paying 120M for Osihmen now?

Back
Top Bottom