Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While he's clearly got ability, I don't get all the love and hype for Szoboszlai. Another game where he's done nothing and been subbed off after 60 odd minutes. Has only a combined handful of goals and assists this season. Some people talk about him as if he's the next coming of Gerrard but he's nowhere near that level.
He’s average as fuck

Sure, because I thought Chelsea, Newcastle and United would be a LOT better than they have (or at least 2 of the 3) not because I suddenly think Villa are super duper good. They're in Europe and we've had one game a week all season.

Also players we've brought in have been better than I expected and probably Ange too. The spin of Villa having 'more time' and shit is nonsense though, lol. Manager projects aren't linear, look at Howe w/ Newcastle. More time doesn't equate to more success, Villa were better under Emery last season ffs.

Yes and it works both ways, no-one expected Spurs to be this good and the same for Villa, both teams have over achieved this season.

What the fcuk you been smoking bruv??!!

Spice

Youtube Eyebrows GIF by SoulPancake

Yes and it works both ways, no-one expected Spurs to be this good and the same for Villa, both teams have over achieved this season.

Before the season there was obvious reason to believe Villa would finish above us again this season.

Hopefully that's not the case and we can overtake them.

Before the season there was obvious reason to believe Villa would finish above us again this season.

Hopefully that's not the case and we can overtake them.

Yeah I don't see why that's so controversial, both teams have exceeded expectations.

This is where the entitlement comes from, some fans still think we're as good as the top 3 :confused:

Yeah I don't see why that's so controversial, both teams have exceeded expectations.

This is where the entitlement comes from, some fans still think we're as good as the top 3 :confused:

In a season where Newcastle, United and Chelsea perform terribly it's absolutely fair of fans to expect more than finishing fifth with no cup run. We've been decent, made some progress in the league but its one step forwards after two steps back last season.

We were fourth or thereabouts under Conte w/ Kane but minus VDV, Vicario, Udogie, Maddison, Johnson etc.

They finished above us last season, strengthened their eleven and kept all their best players and they've probably been the fourth best team on form since Emery took charge.

It's a testament to both clubs though to have pushed on this season, done even better and got closer to the top of the table.

Back
Top Bottom