Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve lost interest in England qualifiers, but thought, give it another go as a Spurs replacement.

This is not a Spurs replacement. (Ange is spoiling us, amazing how quickly you get used to it).

Time for Gareth to go I think. We do have great players, need someone prepared to stop playing their pets and be just be braver with tactics,

(Absolutely not Ange though!)

I’ve lost interest in England qualifiers, but thought, give it another go as a Spurs replacement.

This is not a Spurs replacement. (Ange is spoiling us, amazing how quickly you get used to it).

Time for Gareth to go I think. We do have great players, need someone prepared to stop playing their pets and be just be braver with tactics,

(Absolutely not Ange though!)
Gareth is going nowhere...he's the quintessential yes man for the FA...

I figured given he isn't in the squad. Just meant in general. If he was fit I still think Maguire starts though rather than Guehi

No doubt whatsoever.

gary-del-boy.gif

And you just know we’ll end up in a quarter or semi-final, the game delicately balanced, and then Captain ‘For King and country’ Maguire will go on one of his clown runs and cost us the game.

Cut to Southgate’s forlorn expression on the bench, a delicious blend of shock and confusion.
Realistically though, what's he
Maddison shunted out wide because we couldn't possibly go with a Bellingham, Maddison, Rice midfield against the giants of Ukraine is just very peak Southgate.

Maguire still playing is a joke. The "he plays well for England" arguments had some validity once but you can't justify a starting place for a player who doesn't even get close to the starting XI of his not even particularly great team.

Hope we see Foden at some point - been electric this season. Probably a bit too exciting for Redknapp really, got to have Henderson in there somewhere because blah blah leadership despite essentially retiring.
But....he does play well for England doesn't he?

Surely at this point Stones and either of Guehi or Colwill are better options than Maguire in there somewhere?
But based on what? I'm no massive follower of Maguire but I watch England games and he always seems pretty good. Also, i think injuries have limited his selection choices. Finally, why the eff didn't Maguire move over the summer?

Back
Top Bottom