Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be interesting to see Maddison in this wide role (I know he played there for Leicester on occasion). I think he’s more suited to a central role though. Rice, Bellingham, Maddison would be elite.

Will be interesting to see Maddison in this wide role (I know he played there for Leicester on occasion). I think he’s more suited to a central role though. Rice, Bellingham, Maddison would be elite.
Gareth says he'll be drifting.

Me, I'm just glad to see that Slabhead and Rainbow Laces' stellar club form has been rewarded

"So Gary...... when you said at the beginning of your tenure, that only players playing well week in and week out will play for England...... was that just total Bollocks?"
And you just know we’ll end up in a quarter or semi-final, the game delicately balanced, and then Captain ‘For King and country’ Maguire will go on one of his clown runs and cost us the game.

Cut to Southgate’s forlorn expression on the bench, a delicious blend of shock and confusion.

And you just know we’ll end up in a quarter or semi-final, the game delicately balanced, and then Captain ‘For King and country’ Maguire will go on one of his clown runs and cost us the game.

Cut to Southgate’s forlorn expression on the bench, a delicious blend of shock and confusion.
Oh they'll definitely be the ones to miss the penalties in the shoot out we inevitably go out in.

Southgate being a boring garden gnome.

Maddison shunted out wide because we couldn't possibly go with a Bellingham, Maddison, Rice midfield against the giants of Ukraine is just very peak Southgate.

Maguire still playing is a joke. The "he plays well for England" arguments had some validity once but you can't justify a starting place for a player who doesn't even get close to the starting XI of his not even particularly great team.

Hope we see Foden at some point - been electric this season. Probably a bit too exciting for Redknapp really, got to have Henderson in there somewhere because blah blah leadership despite essentially retiring.

But Maguire will have been fantastic in the group-stages vs Ecuador and Senegal in games where the opposition went forward twice, and he'll probably score a header and carry the ball up the field a bit.

I've defended Southgate in the past and do think he's made good decisions but his loyalty/obsession with Maguire is starting to look pigheaded, as if he doesn't want to make the change because it'll feel like he's been pressured to. I feel like the Henderson shit is the same thing.

Not exactly Angeball, is it?

giphy.gif

But Maguire will have been fantastic in the group-stages vs Ecuador and Senegal in games where the opposition went forward twice, and he'll probably score a header and carry the ball up the field a bit.

I've defended Southgate in the past and do think he's made good decisions but his loyalty/obsession with Maguire is starting to look pigheaded, as if he doesn't want to make the change because it'll feel like he's been pressured to. I feel like the Henderson shit is the same thing.
Maguire is the like the defensive Emile Heskey.

Back
Top Bottom