Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Buffon but he crossed the line there, and let his club down. He may well have saved it but he attacked the ref.
Can’t stand Oliver but he was excellent tonight
i would and have reacted the very same way as Buffon and had the same outcome. its an emotional game and Italians sre emotional. Good on him, Real player dived although the ref made the correct decision as he saw it. IMO

I'm not entirely sure it was a penalty but I can understand why it was given (and not just because Real's penalty quota needed to be filled). I don't think there was any choice but to send Buffon off though, as much as I was gutted to see it happen. He lost his head and behaved completely unacceptably.

I initially thought they'd used all three subs and were going to have to put an outfield player in goal.

I don’t think there can be too many arguments about the penalty decision. It wasn’t clear cut, but it was a clumsy challenge.

As for Buffon, I think he missed a trick by not cementing himself into football folklore status by simply knocking out Ronaldo once the red card was waved. I would have gotten a full body Buffon tattoo of Buffon if he’d done that.

It’s not as if Zidane would have much to say.

i would and have reacted the very same way as Buffon and had the same outcome. its an emotional game and Italians sre emotional. Good on him, Real player dived although the ref made the correct decision as he saw it. IMO
100% pen mate. Can't blame the defender for going for it (may be earlier in the move for letting attacker get in front), can't blame the attacker (any player in the world is going to ground with that contact. Only twat on the pitch was Buffon, but maybe he wasn't a twat, maybe he thought it was best to make a scene, maybe it was his mind games it took something like 4 mins before penalty was taken, maybe sneezy is better at saving pens?

100% pen mate. Can't blame the defender for going for it (may be earlier in the move for letting attacker get in front), can't blame the attacker (any player in the world is going to ground with that contact. Only twat on the pitch was Buffon, but maybe he wasn't a twat, maybe he thought it was best to make a scene, maybe it was his mind games it took something like 4 mins before penalty was taken, maybe sneezy is better at saving pens?
i feel the ref had to give it but for me very harsh. This another example of a player who should be going for goal (Hes only a few yards out) but chooses to dive.

( i have no idea if theyhad any subs left, i slept through most of the second half)

Woke up when Ronaldo took his clothes off did you?

AVYVm.gif

disagree about Buffon, hes only human and Italian. he may regret it but sometimes the emotion gets you by the the nuts and explodes your head.

Sorry, for a moment think of Real - Spurs 0-3. Would you have said the same thing if the penalty had been against you in the 93rd minute? Benatia has anticipated Asensio: the attacker has dropped the referee has bitten the hook like a big fish eats shit.

I applauded CR7 in Turin for the acrobatic goal but today he was an actor. Next year he will play with Emma Watson instead of Benzema.

Sorry, for a moment think of Real - Spurs 0-3. Would you have said the same thing if the penalty had been against you in the 93rd minute? Benatia has anticipated Asensio: the attacker has dropped the referee has bitten the hook like a big fish eats shit.

I applauded CR7 in Turin for the acrobatic goal but today he was an actor. Next year he will play with Emma Watson instead of Benzema.
It's a penalty.

I'm sorry but how can anyone deny its not a penalty?

If that's Kane and its not given to put us through to the CL semi final, you're in tears.

If we were 0:3 like Madrid, I couldn't ask for pen after all because of shame. No-one would care if he didn't call it. I'm just saying, he was going down with any small contact.

God, I hate them.

disagree about Buffon, hes only human and Italian. he may regret it but sometimes the emotion gets you by the the nuts and explodes your head.
He's a disgrace. At least when Zizou lost the plot in his last game he enhanced his legend. Buffon just looked like a whining little pussy trying to bully a referee who merely made the correct and courageous decision.
Buffon is nothing more than that self-important bullying tosser now. Nothing more. His achievements are all ashes in the pit of this burning embarrassment. What a fool.
If he is a man he will hang up his gloves and apologise to the referee, his colleagues, the supporters, and his family.

I know real get a lot of dodgy decisions but I don't think there can be any debate about that pen. Benatia had that coming anyway the dirty cunt. Should have been sent off against us for persistent fouling.

Got no love for either team so was just happy to see some amazing drama.

Back
Top Bottom