OneHotspur TV

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that is fair enough I respect you opinion, you can think i'm a dickhead, it's a free country. But in my experience, Rival fans, especially Woolwich fans, have always thought Spurs fans are dickheads. Us making or not making videos is not gonna change that. Do you think rival fans are concerned with our opinions?
But why reinforce as you say rival fans views by putting yourselves as two dickheads on the screen every week:
The majority of Spurs fans would probably not like the way you come across and whether you like it or not it reflects indirectly on us! And yes you making videos will make it worse!

I want to make content that Spurs fans want to see, not that we will be embarrassed of.
As a Spurs fan, I don't want to see your videos inside or outside the stadium. I don't want to hear your opinions. I don't care about the opinions of other club's Fan TVs and I certainly don't ever want to see Spurs fans interviewed and exploited like Arse TV. So that leaves celeb interviews, which are the only thing I have any interest in. I am your target audience, so make of that what you will.

But in that sense i would prefer it to be popular, but we are not gonna go the route of AFTV to get there.
That you would prefer it to be popular speaks volumes about the underlying desire to use it as a platform, either for notoriety, money, cvelebrity or a career platform (or all four).

I don't see a reason why a fan channel can't be well liked and popular.
Have you not stopped to think about why Arse TV is popular and gets so many clicks?

People think we don't care about our fans or whatever, but we have not once exploited our own fans or shown them being fools or embarrassing.
Don't take this the wrong way, but what if people think you are embarrassing or fools? Not necessarily my opinion, but what if you are picked up on and made targets of by others club's fans? Remember these lads......?

They meant well. Had no intention of exploiting fans, making idiots of themselves or the club. Well, we know how that went don't we.

I have a hard time trusting you when you say you care about fans when you are defensive against any criticism of the idea of a club fan TV and are hell bent on pushing ahead with it even if half the fan base doesn't like the idea.

Last edited:
Why do people go to a game and turn a camera on themself? It's not about you.

There's only one person who can get away with doing it:
nintchdbpict000323699018.jpg

And the only reason he can do it is because he's David fucking Ginola.

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon Joe Clash Joe Clash

This is the guy who founded the channel
Ben Daniel (@b_daniel14) on Twitter
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-daniel-56070743/?ppe=1

Interesting he also founded a floundering digital agency in 2014
Stay Social UK

I have their 2016 accounts in front of me, I only see a couple of grand here and there nothing major, now if I was to hazard a guess that the decision last season to start up this "for the fans" is a play to rub shoulders with celebs and corresponding agents, PR types to drive up business for the company

Now EITHER he has not mentioned his company while with the people he has worked with so far which is stupid as he can get good clients OR he has done therefore is not acting in interest of fans

We started making videos about Spurs, we have been doing it since April, we haven't had the chance to grow it Organically. The only thing Will Hill has done for us was the Lineker and Les interviews.

Haven't had the chance or aren't prepared to put the time in / wait for it to happen?

Should we have turned it down? What should we have done? are you going to claim moral superiority because we are partners with Will Hill?
I understand that most people would have leapt at the chance, but yes that is exactly what i'm doing. I have a moral objection to betting companies attaching themselves to fan media.

Fan media should be free of commercial influence in my opinion, otherwise what separates it from more traditional privately owned corporate media?

Never mind the questionable practices of said companies with regard to FOBT machines and lone working practices in their shops.

Maybe you should read this and see if these are the type of companies you want to associate yourself with. This is how they make their money:

The big gamble: the dangerous world of British betting shops | Tom Lamont

A) We have been season ticket holders for 8+ years, we go home and away, you can question our motives or whatever but we love the club more than anything.

Again, i'm not questioning your motives. I've already said more than once on this thread that i commend people for being pro-active and supporting the club constructively (you neglected to quote me on that).

I'm simply trying to give you an opinion on why some people take issue with the concept and hence why you're getting the reaction on here that you are.

I dont really see what you hope to achieve by consistently arguing your point here tbh. It's highly unlikely that you'll change anyones opinion, if anything you're winding people up even more.

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent to this whole thing, but I'm surprised at the amount of "We don't give a shit about someone else's opinion on Spurs" replies on a forum dedicated to a Spurs Podcast. Strange.

simyid you aren't going to change minds by posting on here. As mouse mouse said, you are only making it worse. My advice would be to walk away from this thread and accept that some people will like what you do, whereas others won't.

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon Joe Clash Joe Clash

This is the guy who founded the channel
Ben Daniel (@b_daniel14) on Twitter
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-daniel-56070743/?ppe=1

Interesting he also founded a floundering digital agency in 2014
Stay Social UK

I have their 2016 accounts in front of me, I only see a couple of grand here and there nothing major, now if I was to hazard a guess that the decision last season to start up this "for the fans" is a play to rub shoulders with celebs and corresponding agents, PR types to drive up business for the company

Now EITHER he has not mentioned his company while with the people he has worked with so far which is stupid as he can get good clients OR he has done therefore is not acting in interest of fans
Ha ha. It makes me giggle that I had them sussed as a couple of yiddish lads earlier in the thread (you recognise the traits when you're in the club! ;)) when I watched the Micky Hazard video and sure enough....

Anyhow, I think it's clear that this is being used as a platform for career advancement to some extent and I find the fact that this guy hasn't been honest with us frustrating. Didn't he say he wrote an article criticising the commercial nature of Spurred On? Bit hypocritical me thinks.

simyid Where is that link to the poll, still waiting?

If you did this most of us will subscribe, I WILL SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR CHANNEL! I love these, I relive these, I send these out to rival fans, I rub it in their faces. I am proud of these. Post match after a win loads of these get uploaded on here and they are loved by all of us, not one comment demanding it be taken down.

Social media is powerful tool, in the right hands it can work for "us", in the wrong hands it works against "us". You've asked for feedback, for that you should be applauded, to ignore it makes you nothing other than a dick. Don't be a sheep and follow all the other teams channels and open us up to ridicule, you really aren't very good at interviews. Do something for the good of us Spurs fans, if you insist in filming the match day events then turn the camera around and film Spurs fans like the ones above. Then, when you are done with that film the Woolwich fans standing in silence, film them crying, film them walking out of the ground early. Is it that hard not to do that, just look at the amount of views the vid has compared to yours, that's all William Hill are interested in. Is it that fucking hard to do?

As a Spurs fan, I don't want to see your videos inside or outside the stadium. I don't want to hear your opinions. I don't care about the opinions of other club's Fan TVs and I certainly don't ever want to see Spurs fans interviewed and exploited like Arse TV. So that leaves celeb interviews, which are the only thing I have any interest in. I am your target audience, so make of that what you will.

That you would prefer it to be popular speaks volumes about the underlying desire to use it as a platform, either for notoriety, money, cvelebrity or a career platform (or all four).

Have you not stopped to think about why Arse TV is popular and gets so many clicks?

Don't take this the wrong way, but what if people think you are embarrassing or fools? Not necessarily my opinion, but what if you are picked up on and made targets of by others club's fans? Remember these lads......?

They meant well. Had no intention of exploiting fans, making idiots of themselves or the club. Well, we know how that went don't we.

I have a hard time trusting you when you say you care about fans when you are defensive against any criticism of the idea of a club fan TV and are hell bent on pushing ahead with it even if half the fan base doesn't like the idea.

I like this conversation, because you hit some great points.

"As a Spurs fan, I don't want to see your videos inside or outside the stadium. I don't want to hear your opinions. I don't care about the opinions of other club's Fan TVs and I certainly don't ever want to see Spurs fans interviewed and exploited like Arse TV. So that leaves celeb interviews, which are the only thing I have any interest in. I am your target audience, so make of that what you will."

that is absolutely fine, we do vids of our opinions which you dont have to watch. We don't do fan cams apart from getting the perspective from other fans of our opponents of who we play. If your interested in our interviews with Gary Liniker, Sir Les or Micky than great you can just watch them.

that is your opinion, all i can say is we could have easily done fan cams and over the to reactions and opinions but we don't for a reason.

" Have you not stopped to think about why Arse TV is popular and gets so many clicks?"

yes we have and as i have said repeatedly we are not going down that route

"I have a hard time trusting you when you say you care about fans when you are defensive against any criticism of the idea of a club fan TV and are hell bent on pushing ahead with it even if half the fan base doesn't like the idea"

We are defensive when people make false accusations and assumptions against us. You say half the fan base doesn't like the idea, lets say that is true, that means half the fanbase do like the idea.

I'm ambivalent to this whole thing, but I'm surprised at the amount of "We don't give a shit about someone else's opinion on Spurs" replies on a forum dedicated to a Spurs Podcast. Strange.
If AFTV was a podcast it wouldn't have anywhere near the influence it does. Podcasts aren't usually self indulgent and contrived entertainment in the way Fan TV and vlogging is, so it's very different. It's simply not a platform that has the capacity to embarrass an entire fanbase.

simyid Where is that link to the poll, still waiting?

If you did this most of us will subscribe, I WILL SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR CHANNEL! I love these, I relive these, I send these out to rival fans, I rub it in their faces. I am proud of these. Post match after a win loads of these get uploaded on here and they are loved by all of us, not one comment demanding it be taken down.

Social media is powerful tool, in the right hands it can work for "us", in the wrong hands it works against "us". You've asked for feedback, for that you should be applauded, to ignore it makes you nothing other than a dick. Don't be a sheep and follow all the other teams channels and open us up to ridicule, you really aren't very good at interviews. Do something for the good of us Spurs fans, if you insist in filming the match day events then turn the camera around and film Spurs fans like the ones above. Then, when you are done with that film the Woolwich fans standing in silence, film them crying, film them walking out of the ground early. Is it that hard not to do that, just look at the amount of views the vid has compared to yours, that's all William Hill are interested in. Is it that fucking hard to do?

we do do this, we also have our opinion but we are considering changing our Vlog style to have less of us in them if you really must know.

We are defensive when people make false accusations and assumptions against us. You say half the fan base doesn't like the idea, lets say that is true, that means half the fanbase do like the idea

It doesn't mean that at all. It means that half aren't necessarily against it. Not the same thing at all.

that is absolutely fine, we do vids of our opinions which you dont have to watch. We don't do fan cams apart from getting the perspective from other fans of our opponents of who we play. If your interested in our interviews with Gary Liniker, Sir Les or Micky than great you can just watch them.
But you want it to be popular so surely it is in your interest for me to be interested in as much content as possible? If I skip 80% of your videos what good is that for you? I won't be the only one, surely?

that is your opinion, all i can say is we could have easily done fan cams and over the to reactions and opinions but we don't for a reason.
So you have no intention of using social media as any kind of platform and would resist any sort of career advancement, celebrity or increased financial enumeration?

yes we have and as i have said repeatedly we are not going down that route
What I'm getting at, and I believe I said this to you earlier in the thread, is that the channel is popular because they exploit the fans and make jokes of them. That's what they're tuning in to see. I watch Arse TV way more than I ever will your channel. Why? Quite simply I enjoy their meltdowns and ranting. That's the draw. Fat Robbie knows it, despite his claims to the contrary. Take that away and the channel would pretty much die overnight. Now, if you guys don't have that, what are people going to tune in for to increase your popularity? You can't have celeb interviews every week and so that mostly leaves you guys going to and from games. Well, I'll be blunt, that's pretty boring after two or three videos isn't it? So what else do you have in mind?

We are defensive when people make false accusations and assumptions against us. You say half the fan base doesn't like the idea, lets say that is true, that means half the fanbase do like the idea.
The 80% who rejected the other channel should tell you that 50% might be generous, not conservative.

If AFTV was a podcast it wouldn't have anywhere near the influence it does. Podcasts aren't usually self indulgent and contrived entertainment in the way Fan TV and vlogging is, so it's very different. It's simply not a platform that has the capacity to embarrass an entire fanbase.
I'm just surprised that grown men are worried that other grown men who support the same club are going to make them look bad, then claiming that the people making the videos are narcissistic? A tad ironic I think.

Like I say, I don't care either way, I don't listen to podcasts or watch fan tv channels, because I'm interested in football, not what half-cut angry fans think of football.

Let them do it, dedicate hours to it, discover no one cares and let them fade away.... If our fanbase is as good as we think (hope) it is, maybe they wont engage with these people at all.....

we do do this, we also have our opinion but we are considering changing our Vlog style to have less of us in them if you really must know.
Don't you get it yet, it's NONE of you, not less of you. There is NO personal ego in those clips just joy, just the pleasure of why we all go to football matches, just fans, "US".

1.8 MILION views!!!!!!!

At not a selfie in sight, not a single comment or an opinion. THIS IS FOOTBALL!! THIS IS WHY WE GO! No one else does this in the UK, time for you to be brave, brake from the selfie obsessed fuck fest invading the terraces and time to celebrate everything great about football, Spurs and Spurs fans.

Back
Top Bottom