Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the train at last.

fuck that was a struggle wasn’t it?

My take.
3 points
Serge seems to be settling at last
One game closer to seeing the back of Eriksen
Some minutes for Gedson which is good.
Sess struggled somewhat. When is Ben back?
Didn’t look like a penalty from my view almost in line 23 rows back in the Paxton. Didn’t look like any real contact and he just fell over. If that’s Dele it’s not given.

Was 20 mins late to the ground and won’t get home ‘til 12.45 but glad we made the effort. Been a while since I saw a win!

Different manager. And Kane is a bright boy so he wasn’t needed. Sonny doesn’t often do much apart from hang around the wing and try step overs into the box, or run across the box and try the reverse.

Not saying I don’t like Sonny (or Lucas for that matter), but they don’t seem to have the guile needed to adapt to the opposition. They must have done something right, though, as you say...

In Dele, Son & Lucas we have 3 players that are better when they aren't left with time to think.

We scraped by (at home) possibly the worst team in the division and heading for the Championship.

The only positive was Lo Celso. An excellent game.

No idea what's up with Sessegnon. His performance tonight made Tanganga look like Roberto Carlos. Is he a left back or a winger?

Son, Dele(other than his goal - so a free pass), Lucas, Lamela, Winks all brainless and ineffective. Eriksen the same when he came on.

Good to welcome LLoris back, but let's get the win in perspective.

Our recent 'easy' run of games Brighton, Norwich, Southampton, Liverpool, Watford, Norwich has yielded 8 points out of a possible 18.

Not much to look forward to other than City and Leipzig.

People are being a bit harsh on the performance. Outside of a dive for a pen, Norwich created shit. 0.6 xGA on 12 shots (2 OT). Even if you take out the Son goal, we still produced a good amount of chances, much better than what Norwich had.

Put Ndombele in mid, free up Lo Celso even more and sit Lucas and we’ve got a good lineup. Add a striker and we could be dangerous.

Also have to say that second goal could not have come at a better time. Didn't think we'd get it.

But the goal was so important as the crowd were turning and starting to boo. Very flat atmosphere. It's hard to watch and the crowd are obviously fucked off.

Some signings would go a long way to win over the fans.

Over to you levy

As awful as our season started, still plenty left to play for. Lets get past Southampton on Saturday and we have

FA cup 4th round
A 50/50 tie to get into the final 8 of the UCL
6 points off 4th with 42 points left to play for

Not too shabby but we need to bring in a striker in the next 10 days

COYS

Goldstein: "Bruno Fernandez will improve this team 10-fold"

WFs on the books: Rashford, Martial, James, Sanchez...

:llorishuh:

Also have to say that second goal could not have come at a better time. Didn't think we'd get it.

But the goal was so important as the crowd were turning and starting to boo. Very flat atmosphere. It's hard to watch and the crowd are obviously fucked off.

Some signings would go a long way to win over the fans.

Over to you levy
There were a LOT of cunts around me in the South Stand... proper wanting us to score before they started supporting... The WORST kinda fan.

Plus, I heard the 'Chinky' bomb dropped several times, in regards to how many South Korean fans there were in the ground tonight!

Some Spurs fans didn't deserve the win they'll no doubt claim as their own tonight!

As awful as our season started, still plenty left to play for. Lets get past Southampton on Saturday and we have

FA cup 4th round
A 50/50 tie to get into the final 8 of the UCL
6 points off 4th with 42 points left to play for

Not too shabby but we need to bring in a striker in the next 10 days

COYS
Two very big games coming up, two wins will do wonders for us, two defeats will fuck us right up.

There were a LOT of cunts around me in the South Stand... proper wanting us to score before they started supporting... The WORST kinda fan.

Plus, I heard the 'Chinky' bomb dropped several times, in regards to how many South Korean fans there were in the ground tonight!

Some Spurs fans didn't deserve the win they'll no doubt claim as their own tonight!
Christ that's depressing.

Just on my back now. Was a tough watch. We are so slow on the ball. A lot of groans around us all match.

I honestly don't know what is up with son. It's like Jose has told him to play as badly as possible. It looks to me like we are playing with zero confidence and no tactics. Bad combination. A win is a win but fuck me if we play that way vs city we will be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom