Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I think that first goal epitomizes why we have two defensive minded players in our starting 11 usually. The entire midfield just opened up. Not a bad display but there was nothing coming from the wings. Sess did nothing with the ball but he’s young and hasn’t played many games so I won’t be too hard on him although I will say that if we had Son in there we would have won. You could see Eriksen getting visibly frustrated passing him the ball only to get it back 3 seconds later. Aurier as well did almost nothing with the ball in terms of crosses. It was all coming though the centre. Ndombele and Eriksen looked really good together. It’s too bad we don’t have a player in the same elk as Kante. Could have really given those two the freedom. Lo Celso was somewhat anonoymious but he didn’t have too much in front of him. Deli spent most of the game on the left.

They got lucky with their second goal too so all in all not what we needed but time to just move on to the next game.

I thought Aurier played really well against Brighton. His crossing was poor today, but was his defending that bad? I was more concerned by the huffing and puffing of our attackers in and around their box. Lots of perspiration, but so much waste.

One on one no but he totally at fault for the second, played pukki onside by being 3 yards to deep then had enough time for me to at least Jump out the way for his OG. And offense wise he killed Every attack he had, him Ali and Moura killed so many moves tonight

A Mourinho special. That's when his United team looked best, when trailing and had to catch up. When there's less of his tactics and more heart from the players. We actually played some okay ball in the second half when we took the game to their end.

I don't think the player selection in particular was wrong, but playing with such a defensive line didn't suit our guys. Also Kane and Dele had no chance of winning back the ball.

He was OK. MOTM was a bit much for me but fine - not worth arguing over. Point being is that he is not going to sign a new contract.

Yes, we play better with him in the team - that can't be questioned. But neither can the fact that he doesn't want to be here and I don't believe that a goal celebration suggests otherwise. Sure, he's absolutely trying to help the team while he's here, but it absolutely does not suggest a change of stance regarding the contract.
Fair enough. If he's going then he's gone.
I still reserve some hope, no matter how naive that might sound.

How many games did Bale play before we won with him in? Was it like 26/27 or something?
Ridiculous amount: famous in the end, wasn’t it. He always looked pacey, athletic and hungry. Sess is like that in tiny pockets in games: not sure he has the football brain / experience at the mo to manage the defence/ attack combo. But he’s very young: I really hope he’s going to be a great addition!

Norwich had 0 shots after the 31st minute. Goal from a Foyth error where he was fouled and an OG.

He was not fouled. He is shit. Toby couldn't close down. Aurier and Toby together turned that og in. With our "quality" we could not beat this team that's rock bottom. Plenty of time after the pen to have won it too. We barely beat Brighton too. Sorry but the truth is a lot of our team need replacing. Hopefully Jose gets the backing

It's your fault Thinky you always have Foyth in your teams!
Lad would have been fine next to Lo Celso in 4231.

I believe in him and would start him ahead of anyone else in this team as DM.

Take that pure defensive load off of him, unleash his passing and vision and instruct on simplicity.

Until we buy a dedicated, proven DM, he's our best shot.

I stand by that.

One on one no but he totally at fault for the second, played pukki onside by being 3 years to deep then had enough time for me to at least Jump out the way for his OG.
I didn't pick up on him playing Pukki onside. My stress levels were through the roof in the second half, but will re-watch the game later. I wasn't very happy with whatever Alderweireld was trying to do. I thought Aurier was unlucky; just could not sort his feet out quickly enough.

He was OK. MOTM was a bit much for me but fine - not worth arguing over. Point being is that he is not going to sign a new contract.

Yes, we play better with him in the team - that can't be questioned. But neither can the fact that he doesn't want to be here and I don't believe that a goal celebration suggests otherwise. Sure, he's absolutely trying to help the team while he's here, but it absolutely does not suggest a change of stance regarding the contract.

I can't help but think anything good he does is just to try get a good deal in Jan/summer. He generally is poor but is capable of way better. If so shit at corners why do we let him take them. Just needs lumping in the box sometimes, especially when in the 97th minute.

Bit harsh. He played well for us today

I still hope he signs a new contract.

Eriksen takes the worst corners in world football, but he plays some beautiful passes in open at that define matches nearly every time he plays. Even after being cunted off by our 'support' for months, he is still the one dropping deep to pick the ball up and drive our possession forward. No other cunt bothers as much as he does.

I agree he and others have been out of sorts for a year or more. He was part of a cabal that had Poch sacked, but I still cannot ignore his quality. I still hold out a speck of hope.

“Cunted off by our support”? Why should we support someone who has been a waste of space for a long time. He hasn’t driven our possession forward as you say for a long time. He was better today but there were still many times when he chose to go sideways and backwards when in the past he looked forwards and did actually sometimes take players on himself. Why should we trust him to perform just because he had a good second half against bottom of the table Norwich. For every 2nd half Norwich type performance there seem to be half a dozen Everton away performances. He needs to demonstrate fight and positivity in EVERY match for a sustained period of time and even then I admit I might never be able to forgive his attitude of the last year.

Lad would have been fine next to Lo Celso in 4231.

I believe in him and would start him ahead of anyone else in this team as DM.

Take that pure defensive load off of him, unleash his passing and vision and instruct on simplicity.

Until we buy a dedicated, proven DM, he's our best shot.

I stand by that.
It always feels like he is a nanosecond from getting caught on the ball. I'm not sure my blood pressure could take him in midfield.

I'd preserve with sess at left back. Jan is done. He looks late 30s never mind 32. A contract extension would be madness. Can tell sess is finding his confidence. Needs to just go on the outside and be aggressive. Dont help ali berating everyone even when he gives it away with another flick. Build team round Ndombele as the playmaker. Bit of steel next to him

Id have given it to Ndombele as well. But him having a better game still doesn't make Eriksen shit.

Didn’t say he was shit today just can’t get excited by a better second half against bottom of the table crap when in the big matches he is normally anonymous

I think you're guilty of that. Sess offered very little today. HAd the one good attempt early on that was blocked but didn't get into dangerous places after that and had numerous weak crosses.
Mate ..hes 19 years old on full debut and i dare say under orders to keep it simple , as tge game got on he got far more forward..easy target i guess when you can slaughter 5 possibly 6 seasoned pros round him.today

Disappointing to say the least. I actually thought Spurs were looking like getting into a decent rhythm when Norwich went one up and looked okay at times in the second half but overall it’s nowhere near good enough.
Eriksen played well and Ndombele looked good in spells but as a team Spurs were lacking, the defending is so sloppy at times it’s hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom