Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, sessegon looked like a championship player, I recall Paulinho getting belters when he ducked out of tackles and sess did that today , resulting in moura getting a yellow.

Can you show me what he did today that convinces me he might be good enough for a club that wants regular champions league football?

I hope I'm proven wrong and he comes good but so far I see nothing to get excited about
Yep - I remember early Bale and he looked desperate to make an impact every game (even when he was giving away all kinds of errors).
Sess looks scared at the moment.

however, Norwich, give them their due, were doing some mental pressing - something he would probably never have come across with Fulham because...well...Fulham...

The one thing I’m hanging onto is that Mourinho changes things. Dier hasn’t had a sniff as he was having a shocker. The only thing with Aurier is that we don’t have another option. Foyth/KWP aren’t the answer as we play with attacking full backs.
- Sessegnon is way off where we need him to be in my opinion (I don’t expect him to be at that level yet).
- Really enjoyed watching Ndombele be positive when he had the ball. Wasn’t afraid to receive it with his back to goal.
- We need another striker. No other team has just one first team striker (Not Parrot) Son or lucas aren’t the answer. Irrespective of game time we need another.
- Two full backs.
- Defensive Midfielder.
And they are easy to find........

Not motm in my book- some kiss arse pundit said he was. I am not scapegoating. It was Norwich for fuck sake and yet he still slowed things up along with Ali. Ndombele much better in my opinion.

Id have given it to Ndombele as well. But him having a better game still doesn't make Eriksen shit.

Are the current full backs the worst the club ever had!

Hope hm son is enjoying his holiday and keeping warm

Bet Levy called his lawyer tonight for a way out of glc loan deal

I was expecting 4 points from today's and next week fixtures, still on

Ndomebele is very good, with him and Sissoko in the middle, the future is bright

Better in the 2nd half but again poor at the back there 2nd goal was a shambles although a bit unlucky why is it always Aurier. I thought Sess and Ndombele improved as the match went on and Lamela and Moura did ok when they came on. Needs to stick with back 4 and Varane and Bale would come in handy in January. Also thought young Aarons looks an upgrade on Aurier

In his own mind, he is a superstar. He thinks we exist to suck his cock. I cannot wait to get him out of the starting 11.
It probably doesn't help that Dele's song is by far the most popular of the player chants in the stadium. Never been quite sure what to make of that personally (except maybe it's catchier to sing than "he's one of our own").

Bit harsh. He played well for us today

I still hope he signs a new contract.

Eriksen takes the worst corners in world football, but he plays some beautiful passes in open at that define matches nearly every time he plays. Even after being cunted off by our 'support' for months, he is still the one dropping deep to pick the ball up and drive our possession forward. No other cunt bothers as much as he does.

I agree he and others have been out of sorts for a year or more. He was part of a cabal that had Poch sacked, but I still cannot ignore his quality. I still hold out a speck of hope.
He was OK. MOTM was a bit much for me but fine - not worth arguing over. Point being is that he is not going to sign a new contract.

Yes, we play better with him in the team - that can't be questioned. But neither can the fact that he doesn't want to be here and I don't believe that a goal celebration suggests otherwise. Sure, he's absolutely trying to help the team while he's here, but it absolutely does not suggest a change of stance regarding the contract.

Yep - I remember early Bale and he looked desperate to make an impact every game (even when he was giving away all kinds of errors).
Sess looks scared at the moment.

however, Norwich, give them their due, were doing some mental pressing - something he would probably never have come across with Fulham because...well...Fulham...
How many games did Bale play before we won with him in? Was it like 26/27 or something?

I thought Aurier played really well against Brighton. His crossing was poor today, but was his defending that bad? I was more concerned by the huffing and puffing of our attackers in and around their box. Lots of perspiration, but so much waste.

For me, sessegon looked like a championship player, I recall Paulinho getting belters when he ducked out of tackles and sess did that today , resulting in moura getting a yellow.

Can you show me what he did today that convinces me he might be good enough for a club that wants regular champions league football?

I hope I'm proven wrong and he comes good but so far I see nothing to get excited about

He came from the championship so yes he is that level. He has potential and needs to develop. Would rather play him then someone like rose who has no future. And it says it all we need eriksen more then he needs us

Why would I do that after this game?
You do it after others, like the last game. But because there was no shiny object for you to pin it on that house of cards would have fallen quickly today. I have no fear that you and Paddy will be back the next time he is shit but scores a goal.

Which is ironic because in the summer you said people were only criticizing because he didn't score many last season. Which for me is inaccurate. It's his overall play that is shit and the goals don't justify his continued selection even in his best scoring year.

Back
Top Bottom