Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Short memory? He scored a goal from a free kick today...

So what. He scored a free kick. When he first came here he scored them regularly. He probably has the poorest conversion rate in the premier league for free kicks. But to be honest I am only guessing, however his crossing completion rate IS officially the poorest in the league.

I think we saw today that Ndombele is great and should be a starter from now on. Eriksen should probably also start but not take corners. I think Lo Celso dogged glimpses of greatness, but needs more time. And Foyth will probably not get many more starts this year. However I think he was better than Toby except for that stupid mistake. Sessegnon didn't do himself any favours tonight.

Eriksen was running the midfield as they tired. Not much to boast about against the bottom club
Ndombele was pure shit in the 1st half. He got a bit better 2nd half as they tired but it wasn't him imposing himself.
He bottles out of tackles or is just not aware of what is going on around him.
OK Foyth's mistake for the 1st goal but who is completely ball watching right next to Foyth?
Yeah the N guy.
He is not oven ready. He is free range running around trying to avoid the chopper.

Why introduce new players who have barely played together and throw a new shape at them??

Considering Son, Sissoko and Winks were suspended, there wasn't much choice but to experiment. Seems like Dier isn't fit, since he's not played any of the last 2 games.

Considering this, who do you play next to Ndombele? Obvious choices are Dele, Eriksen or Skipp. Jose obviously thought that was a weak midfield and so 3 CB's were needed.

I'd have Ndombele and Lo Celso starting every week ahead of Dier and Sissoko. Amazing what difference it makes to have 2 or 3 players in CM who don't look like they're terrified of a football. Ndombele was our best player on the pitch today, always wanted it, confident and comfortable on the ball and can both run with it and play a good pass. Night and day from what we've had to endure there and will only improve with match fitness and getting to know the runs of his teammates better.

Few glaring things I saw personally tonight...

- If we could swap the two right backs from the teams I would do it in a heart beat. Aarons is going to be a brilliant player and should be our first choice target. Aurier is just never ever ever going to be good enough.
- Toby and Jan are a real concern. Both seem to have forgotten how to defend.
- Sess did alright at left back I thought. Could well be the long term solution there.
- This team needs a DM like a alcoholic needs a drink.
- Ndombele is outrageously good and will only get better. Our midfield should be built around him.
- Eriksen is going to be very sorely missed and we absolutely must replace him with top quality. Lo Celso is good, but we need more.

Future for me also is move Lo Celso to CAM drop Ali and get Son and a new winger either side on Kane. Then have Ali and Moura as impact subs.

It's
I fucking detest him. Could you imagine if his team-mates took a leaf out of his book and all started windmilling every time he did something that wasn't up to scratch? He's like a menstrual Berbatov.

He's capable of something amazing but also capable of nothing for 90 mins. Move Lo Celso to CAM for me and get Moura and Son Kane infront of him.

Ali can always come off the bench if we are looking desperate he's not good enough to be starting no matter what for us, until he starts learning to do simple passes right

Enjoy the Dele Show, did you? I hope you choke on your beef jerky.
Now that we're back to choking and ball sucking how the change going for ya? Is it all that you dreamed it would be?*

*Hint: it's the players and no amount of manager changing, formation shenanigans, or rotation is gonna change the cloggers we got at this club. You should be praising the work Poch did to make you think some of them were actual footballers. Feel free to tell me I was right at any time but I will prefer it when you are at your spurs' viewing lowest. No better time to kick a man. And you got a right kicking coming you cunt.

First half was a fucking mess. We played some football, opened them up but were fucking flimsy and way to open ourselves.

Fair play to Mourinho, at least he made a significant change at HT, and no grumbles about that second half effort - possibly the best 45 minutes of football we've played under Mourinho - absolutely relentlessly camped in their half - but the forwards just bumbled the fuck out of everything we did.

Eriksen was absolutely outstanding 84 passes @95%, 32 attacking third passes and a cracking goal.

Ndombele with the ball is outstanding, why the fuck anyone would want him as a DM is baffling. And that beautiful ball by Lo Celso from that 8 channel is what he's about. You want some busy cunt in there hunting it and feeding it to Ndombele/Lo Celso/Eriksen.

If Mourinho starts us as a 433 with Eriksen/Lo Celso and Ndomble either side of Skipp or Dier we would be so much better balanced.

Moura's energy is great, but he's so fucking careless with the ball. When Alli just does something simple it;'s invariably better than the boat load of fucking flicks and tricks he fucks up. The pen a case in point.

Some positives came out of this game. we played much better with the ball in that second 45 than we have for a while, we must find the balance to keep players like Ndombele and Lo Celso (and Eriksen if he's sticking around) on the pitch. No more double elephant pivots.

Last edited:
Yes, and i admit he tried a flick very early when he should have scored. But, it has to be noted that he gave massive effort to get to the ball that he "flicked" to Kane.

Mate, he was absolutely diabolical today. Had two very good chances in front of goal that he should have scored, and lost possession countless times with dumb shit which he does regularly - flicking the ball hopefully rather than usefully. It's all well and good being a 'creative' footballer, but if you are constantly giving the ball away and not finishing easy chances then you need to be considered for your place in the team. One assist off the back of everything that we needed and provided to him today is not a good return.

To echo other posters here, his attitude is also spectacularly bad as it seems his recent goalscoring has gone straight to his head and now sees himself as being able to fuck about and get pissed off when others dont do exactly what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom