No Benny at Villa Park?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is anyone else slightly concerned that Benny didn't make an appearance on the bench at Villa Park. It might be total bullshit but I did read a couple of things on twitter last week saying he'd fallen out with Viz Baws and there are the usual irritating BAE to Chelsea rumours kicking around. Alsodo know if anyone remembers but a few months back he tweeted something about feeling sorry for anyone who 'hated their boss LOLOL' only to insist it was a generalisation and coincidence straight after. I know he's eccentric and has a pretty wacky sense of humour but just a few too many of these stories floating around for me to be totally comfortable right now.

What do you think?

72-6chill.gif

Dude, there's a transition to be had from recovering from injury, to rehabilitation, to building match fitness. It takes time.

I don't think that AVB is so much of an egotistical freak to value Naughton over BAE, even if they have had a massive falling out.

BAE is a classic AVB wing-back. Have I expected to see him in the line-up or on the bench? Absolutely yes. Am I worried? Not exactly...

edit: even if BAE and AVB have fallen out, there's no way -- I hope -- that Levy would sanction any deal moving on BAE without any natural left back at the club already. Naughton is great backup, but he isn't on the same level as BAE, and he's not a natural left-back.

There has been endless speculation about how poorly AVB manages players. Most notably (recently) the GK situation.

First Lloris is allegedly unhappy because he hasnt been thrust straight into the first team, it couldnt possibly be AVB getting him aclimated (7 clean sheets now by the way)

Then Friedel is not happy with being on the bench and will agitate for a move... by signing a contract extension and stating his willingness to perform "in any role"

Ultimately, when you strip away all the crap that has been spouted about this situation what has actually happened?

We have made a clean transition to a new GK.

What issues did we actually have?

Well, none.

How badly pissed off are the players with the situation?

7 clean sheets and a new contract suggests not at all.

So, how badly did AVB handle the situation?

Short answer, not at all all badly - in fact he seems to have handled it well.

So now the rumour mill moves onto BAE, long term absentee THROUGH INJURY being brought back into the fold in a considered fashion instead of rush. Of course there is a big falling out and AVBs man management is terrible and we are only a week away from some sort of mutiny :avbfacepalm:

He's training with the team but I don't know if he's played any games yet. He's such a lucky charm for the fans and a talisman for the players. Can't wait to have him back. Cheers for the good words chaps. Anyone going to the Lane on New Years Day?

Harry rushed his favourites back, AVB seems to give people more time. Ade, Parker both would have been straight back in last season.

Or yeah he is probably be going to Chelsea to play in the next stages of the CL.

Exactly. And how often did we have a situation of continued niggles with players under Redknapp? Bale, Parker, VDV, Ekotto all to my memory got thrown straight back in and were often out again very quickly with a pull/tear for a couple more weeks.

I like that AVB seems set on not playing anyone until they are actually fully ready.

Back
Top Bottom