Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Did he not win an fa cup though? Give me 8th & an FA cup. Imagine us winning an FA cup. Sounds like the ramblings of a mad man!

Yes he did and hard to say but credit where credit is due on that. His early football was god awful to watch, eye bleeding stuff. They where slow, soft, boring, weak and spineless for about 2 seasons.

That's pretty poor tbf.

Although no 4 defeats on the bounce at a critical time of the season. And, of course, proper backing from his board to move the dial in his favour
Yeah managers here don’t get backed like Woolwich owners backed arteta. Ange would need to be at his best & get some luck along the way to succeed here.

Yes he did and hard to say but credit where credit is due on that. His early football was god awful to watch, eye bleeding stuff. They were slow, soft, boring, weak and spineless for about 2 seasons.
I think he was very fortunate to survive & to time peaking now , with Liverpool a shadow of themselves & city dropping a level. Timing & luck are crucial.

That's exactly like the last days of Poch, ugly football with no results, but he survived thanks to a good start of the season. We ain't seeing any improvements by Ange and the time to bounce back passed long ago. It's time to see he has nothing more to offer and start searching another manager.

I’m finding this arteta and klopp struggled at the start so we can say Ange is the same quite a bore, nevermind a stretch. The perimeters for all of them is so different.

Arteta lucked his way to an fa cup. Something we haven’t done for over 30 years.

Point is even a top manager struggles mostly in their first season particularly ones who have ‘philosophies’ as it take time to implement, sometimes 2 years before players play how the manager wants them.

Jurgen Klopp is leaving because of the pressure I believe.

Well...No pressure to win at Tottenham, der Kamerad

200w.gif

50 years of watching , following and hoping . I’ve seen a lot - but I’m getting a horrible feeling that Ange is doing a worryingly good impression of a man on a trampoline in a room with a 7 foot ceiling . He’s big and bouncy but he’s hit it . I hope I’m proved wrong .

He's gonna keep his job and carry this form In to the new season, isn't he.
Another write off season on the cards.
Levy has always been quick to sack a Manager and whilst you get a new Manager bounce, we have a major rebuilding to be done as the players we have does not suit the new Manager. Therefore sack Ange and we have another write off season anyway.
I have always had major misgivings about Ange’s methods but we frequently lose these 4 matches and it is unfortunate they came together.
Of all Levy’s faults, sacking Managers and changing direction is not one. Both MU & Chelsea have had poor seasons and it remains to be seen if they sack their Manager.
The decision will not be made until the end of season but whilst losing all remaining matches may provoke a sacking, winning against the bottom 2 is hardly a justification for Ange’s methods.
Ange has said that spending plans are already in place and the worst scenario is keeping Ange but not keeping those plans and halfhearted backing. As we will never know what the plans are then we cannot tell.
There is no good outcome and just blaming it all on Levy is not the answer.

Back
Top Bottom