Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difficult game but hard to know what to expect from the barcodes.

They have a rake load of injuries particularly at the back so we need to attack them to best exploit them.

Have Hojberg and Bentancur played their way into the 11?

Richie if fit needs to start. Son on the left.

Brennan on the right, and give Werner and Kulu 20/30 mins to do what they can.

Vicario

Porro Romero VDV Udogie

Bentancur Hojbjerg

Maddison

Johson Richarlison Son

0-2 Spurs.

COYS

Vicario
Porro Romero Vdv udogie
Bentancur hojbjerg
Lo celso
Werner Richarlison/scarlet Son

Proper centre forward in the centre forward position. We create the positions to put that ball across the box we just need an intelligent striker that can make a decent run to get on the end of it. I don't think maddison or bissouma are doing enough to warrant starting right now.

This is one of those games where we could win, they could win, we could lose, they could lose, or we could both draw!

Any which way, we fucking owe them for last seasons' anahilation!!

It can NEVER be that bad again...

Can it...?

NI, it can't!
we got this!

They're missing through injury:

Sven Botman
Jamal Lascelles
Lewis Miley
Callum Wilson
Joelinton
Tino Livramento
Miguel Almiron
Kieran Trippier
Nick Pope

And Joe Willock also went off injured in their last game

Likely to line up like this if he is missing:

Dubravka
Krafht - Schar - Burn - Hall
Longstaff - Bruno - Anderson
Murphy - Isak - Gordon
Though, I guess Barnes could start instead of Murphy.

That team is.... I mean, more than beatable. The team they put out at the Lane was stronger than that

They're not going to sit back and Howe will have them up for this. But we are practically at full strength.

Difficult game but hard to know what to expect from the barcodes.

They have a rake load of injuries particularly at the back so we need to attack them to best exploit them.

Have Hojberg and Bentancur played their way into the 11?

Richie if fit needs to start. Son on the left.

Brennan on the right, and give Werner and Kulu 20/30 mins to do what they can.

Vicario

Porro Romero VDV Udogie

Bentancur Hojbjerg

Maddison

Johson Richarlison Son

0-2 Spurs.

COYS
Agree mostly but think Werner needs to start.

I would definitely start PEH and Bentancur. Was Conte's trusted 2 and to be fair, were very good together before Bentancurs injury although I'm not a PEH fan he offers some good qualities. Just hope he doesn't panic under pressure.

They're missing through injury:

Sven Botman
Jamal Lascelles
Lewis Miley
Callum Wilson
Joelinton
Tino Livramento
Miguel Almiron
Kieran Trippier
Nick Pope

And Joe Willock also went off injured in their last game

Likely to line up like this if he is missing:

Dubravka
Krafht - Schar - Burn - Hall
Longstaff - Bruno - Anderson
Murphy - Isak - Gordon
Though, I guess Barnes could start instead of Murphy.

That team is.... I mean, more than beatable. The team they put out at the Lane was stronger than that

They're not going to sit back and Howe will have them up for this. But we are practically at full strength.
Interesting that defence aside, even with all those injuries they can still put out an okay team.

they have a strong squad and players that wil trouble us, but yes, Good chance to get 3 points there.

Vicario
Porro Romero Vdv udogie
Bentancur hojbjerg
Lo celso
Werner Richarlison/scarlet Son

Proper centre forward in the centre forward position. We create the positions to put that ball across the box we just need an intelligent striker that can make a decent run to get on the end of it. I don't think maddison or bissouma are doing enough to warrant starting right now.
yea if you got werner hitting the byline for cutbacks you need richy in the box whos going to scrap it out in there. son isnt going to do that hes going to hold back and want the ball to feet. such a simple game. when you got someone like werner who can do it so easy you need the rest of the pieces to really get full use out of it.

I had two bets on last weekend and the Geordies fucked me on both, so I hope we muller them for some sweet payback. If Everton can go up there and get a point I think we're more than capable of taking all 3, Isak is bound to get a goal with how shit our defending has been of late but if Richarlison is finally ready for a return I'd be up for moving Son back to LW and starting Richy in the 9, we have looked much more cohesive in the attack with Richy up front earlier in the season IMO as he offers a threat in the box, which also pulls defenders out of line tracking the aerial threat and gives Maddison the space to do what he does best in the hole. Werner has done better than I think we could've hoped to be fair to him but unless Son's form really falls off a cliff even moved back out wide I think he is best used coming on around 60-70 mins to run at tired legs.
that would be an absolute nightmare for a viewer.

the navy kit would be better while still terrible.
That kit gives me nightmares every fucking time I see it.

7il2g94.jpeg

Austin, Emerson, Davies, Dragusin, Hojbjerg, Sarr, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Richarlison

that would be an absolute nightmare for a viewer.

the navy kit would be better while still terrible.
They are wearing a special kit or some shit like that. I'm guessing we may wear the blue shirt with white shorts and socks like a few years ago. It can't be any worse than when Sunderland played them in the cup few months ago that was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom