Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could anyone let me know why Vinicius was subbed at half time yesterday ? He didn’t seem to be playing badly and it’s not like the arrival of Son achieved much, except maybe add a degree of protection to Regliuon. Although why he needs protection against Newcastle is beyond me !

Yep it's exactly this.

Ndombele, Hjojberg and the rest of the midfield do not do their jobs well enough.

Up top only Kane holds the ball with composure.

Defensively we are fragile and fearful.

It all adds to what we have witnessed game after game.

It's only now when you look at what we had with Dembele, peak Eriksen and Alli and of course the 18 months of Wanyama that we see how very good but also dominant we were.

Now we are a pale shadow of that team.
exactly this, we no longer have that midfield of old when the opposition failed to touch the ball for 80 mins

Could anyone let me know why Vinicius was subbed at half time yesterday ? He didn’t seem to be playing badly and it’s not like the arrival of Son achieved much, except maybe add a degree of protection to Regliuon. Although why he needs protection against Newcastle is beyond me !

I didn’t watch but the general consensus seemed to be of Vinny having an anonymous 1st half. Seems Sonny didn’t do much better in the 2nd

How did my post turn into you going mental about jose lol 😆
Alot of you have some mental problems you really need to work through lol

To be honest.
Jumping from club to club to support a manager, rather than sticking with one club that means something to you, through thick and thin, suggests much more of a mental problem to me.

And following a club you try and give an honest appraisal, the good and bad, admittedly sometimes agenda driven and with bias, doing what you do, you just look for excuses to say that it is everyone else's fault when things go wrong, accept zero accountability and actually hold a child-like infatuation from what I assume is an adult.

Last edited:
To be honest.
Jumping from club to club to support a manager, rather than sticking with one club that means something to you, through thick and thin, suggests much more of a mental problem to me.

And following a club you try and give an honest appraisal, the good and bad, admittedly sometimes agenda driven and with bias, doing what you do, you just look for excuses to say that it is everyone else's fault when things go wrong, accept zero accountability and actually hold a child-like infatuation from what I assume is an adult.
I have supported spurs since i was 8 years old, you assume whatever you want, just because i dont have the same opinion as you doesnt make me any less of a fan or you less of a fan...

He completed 3 passes in 45 minutes and played like a training cone. He was having zero effect on the match.

I have supported spurs since i was 8 years old, you assume whatever you want, just because i dont have the same opinion as you doesnt make me any less of a fan or you less of a fan...
The sniff lick the finger from ass comment puts the whole since I was 8 comment into context are you 10 this or next year? Not going to forget this one and will recall it every asinine post you make. Here is a constructive suggestion take a few days off and come back with a clear head and some perspective you have lost it. It happens on line and its important for your own wellness to acknowledge it.

The sniff lick the finger from ass comment puts the whole since I was 8 comment into context are you 10 this or next year? Not going to forget this one and will recall it every asinine post you make. Here is a constructive suggestion take a few days off and come back with a clear head and some perspective you have lost it. It happens on line and its important for your own wellness to acknowledge it.
Na im alright, you tried to sound clever but it didnt come off im afraid nice try tho ;)

I think you answered your own question, Jose wanted Son to play as a left wing back.
Typical negative Jose, just like him warming up Sissoko just before they scored.

He needs to go

That was a mystery to me too

Vinny’s control is poor but he puts a shift in allowing Harry to drop deep

Son doesn’t provide much protection at all and looked badly out of touch

Poor mistake from Jose

Back
Top Bottom