Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I envy you... I genuinely do.
I'd HAVE LOVED for yesterday's result/game not to have ruined yesterday... but for some of us, it did.

Good for you that you managed to get on with the rest of your day without sporadically seething every 10-15 minutes!

Bunch of overpaid millionaires run by a guy trying to get rich of property investment.

Will always love Spurs but they are not ruining my life.

Thought I might lose my sight this past year, luckily operations sorted that, friend had a similar issue but developed tumours and she’s came back positive for cancer now on - a ticking clock if it hits her kidneys,

I was lucky. Operations on my eyes and I’m fingers crossed all good for the future.

Sight or Spurs. Sight wins every time.

Hope you can find a way to make Spurs ease into a nothingness in the bigger scale of things.

Lockdown and this experience has 100% pushed me back into volunteering at lower league football and giving something back to the local community when we get back to normal

Of all the things out of my control Spurs are the least of my worries.

Anyone notice PEH constantly is putting his arm up looking for some sort of decision by the ref/linesman? Their 2nd goal his in the pen box as the ball comes over and he has his arm up straight away instead of playing to the whistle. He does this every game and it’s really annoying.

Bunch of overpaid millionaires run by a guy trying to get rich of property investment.

Thought I might lose my sight this past year, luckily operations sorted that, friend had a similar issue but developed tumours and she’s came back positive for cancer now on - a ticking clock if it hits her kidneys,

I was lucky. Operations on my eyes and I’m fingers crossed all good for the future.

Hope you can find a way to make Spurs ease into a nothingness in the bigger scale of things.

Lockdown and this experience has 100% pushed me back into volunteering at lower league football and giving something back to the local community when we get back to normal

That is totally the right attitude.

Do you know, I've just heard one of my workmates died of Cancer yesterday, have literally just got off the phone to his best friend.

Yesterday's 'result' has firmly been put in perspective... especially as he didn't even like football!

I'm off for a long walk....

Last edited:
And yet he's consistently been part of teams that have got to the latter stages of big competitions and is still young - only 8 months older than Rodon.

Not sure what competitions you mean? He had a Europa final for Ajax in his single season there plus our Champions League run in which he was not first choice centre back.

If Mourinho doesn't go what would be the point of renewing your ST? A season of watching that in the flesh doesn't bear thinking about.

Every game would be toxic. But the 'fuck off Mourinho' chants for 90 minutes would be fun.

It would become untenable for him. I doubt his ego would allow him to put up with that for long and he'd soon cause a major bust up with Levy

Last edited:
As I've said several times this season after the previous abject performance (other than one notable individual) - "Not sure where we go from here"

Maybe we are the "Harry Kane team"

Has any bright spark done the estimate of where we'd be without his goals? I suspect we'd have Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton as teams around us and Harry as our stand-in manager.

The most we can hope for is another season of Thursday nights and Sunday lunchtimes.

Where do we go from here?

I have only watched one full Spurs Premier League game on TV this season. I refuse to let it ruin my life. Always preferred to watch live anyway.

From football London

Japhet Tanganga had failed to find his intended target with a poor pass before Sanchez's clearance cannoned off Ritchie, who easily got beyond Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg after such a poor tackle from the Dane, thus allowing Sean Longstaff to pick out his unmarked teammate to find the bottom corner.

It was such a basic goal to concede and Rodon quickly made his point to his teammates seconds after going to ground in hope of stopping the Brazilian's attempt from going in.

Joe Rodon quickly had his say after Tottenham presented Newcastle with a glorious chance to take the lead at St James' Park
Joe Rodon could be seen with his hands in the air after Tottenham made it so easy for Newcastle to take the lead through Joelinton(Image: Sky Sports)
While Hugo Lloris looked on in dismay and Tanguy Ndombele looked upwards, the Welshman quickly turned around in the direction of Hojbjerg and Sanchez, threw up his hands and clearly shouted something about what exactly they were doing.

I envy you... I genuinely do.
I'd HAVE LOVED for yesterday's result/game not to have ruined yesterday... but for some of us, it did.

Good for you that you managed to get on with the rest of your day without sporadically seething every 10-15 minutes!

It really didn't concern me throughout the day. I let out a bit of a moan when Newcastle scored again but it didn't anger me this time. After the Arse performance and then going out in Europe on the back of that shambolic performance this season is a total write off.

We will get spanked by City, I have no doubt of that sadly. We may limp to 6th or 7th place and Europa league football next season, but we certainly don't deserve any more than that.

Joelinton... is this the same Joelinton who's only scored 5/6 goals in the PL... two of which were against us.... earning them 4 points!

Fucking Dr Tottenham needs to be struck off!

Rodon was the best of a bad bunch. We look a squad shorn of confidence by a coach whose caution has inhibited his players.

Basic errors are often about mindset. There is a blame culture that is adversarial and comes from the top Jose points fingers and tosses players under the bus now we have junior players happy to do the same.

We used to have players prepared to die for each other. Bad coaching bad habits bad vibes everywhere. We need a root and branch reform starting with Levy acknowledging HE made a bad mistake.

Rodon was the best of a bad bunch. We look a squad shorn of confidence by a coach whose caution has inhibited his players.

Basic errors are often about mindset. There is a blame culture that is adversarial and comes from the top Jose points fingers and tosses players under the bus now we have junior players happy to do the same.

We used to have players prepared to die for each other. Bad coaching bad habits bad vibes everywhere. We need a root and branch reform starting with Levy acknowledging HE made a bad mistake.
Zzzzzzzzzzz boo hoo blame the coach for basic footballing errors that a child learns in under 10s academies!

Very unsurprising that our attack seems to still have the confidence and scores goals yet its the managers fault for davinson sanchez being a clown lol

The main area we needed to strengthen was defence, Mourinho said this, the fans said this, poch lost his job over this!

Levy decided to bring in bale instead! And bring in rodon on the cheap!..

If there is anyone to blame then its levy ..

For anyone complaining about dinosaur football at least his record was keeping clean sheets with this team theres no chance lol 😆

Mourinho is a clever guy, hes most likely speaking to levy every day of the week telling him whats going wrong and what he needs for the summer... theres no chance Mourinho is getting sacked so bore off 😴

There was a stat on spursweb that said we have lost 15 points from winning positions this season ans would be 2nd lol 😆 i can name at least 7 games where 1 players defensive mistake cost us a game .. thats not the manager thats the quality of the player.

I basically think the players are thick... genuinely stupid. THAT'S why they play football, and are not Doctors or Scientists... they are basically dumb human beings.... which is why they can't work out in their heads, that by holding onto a lead for 5 more minutes, will put them 4th... they can't fucking COUNT to four!

Added to that, a narcissistic, self obsessed coach who genuinely doesn't care if the team win or not ('Cos it's not his fault when we do... but all him when we win) and you have yourself a perfect storm of shit!

Anyone notice PEH constantly is putting his arm up looking for some sort of decision by the ref/linesman? Their 2nd goal his in the pen box as the ball comes over and he has his arm up straight away instead of playing to the whistle. He does this every game and it’s really annoying.
He has been as poor as all the others. But like Ndombele and Kane Reguilon its a dip. For Sanchez Dier Davis they are 🕳 a trough..

Zzzzzzzzzzz boo hoo blame the coach for basic footballing errors that a child learns in under 10s academies!

Very unsurprising that our attack seems to still have the confidence and scores goals yet its the managers fault for davinson sanchez being a clown lol

The main area we needed to strengthen was defence, Mourinho said this, the fans said this, poch lost his job over this!

Levy decided to bring in bale instead! And bring in rodon on the cheap!..

If there is anyone to blame then its levy ..

For anyone complaining about dinosaur football at least his record was keeping clean sheets with this team theres no chance lol 😆

Mourinho is a clever guy, hes most likely speaking to levy every day of the week telling him whats going wrong and what he needs for the summer... theres no chance Mourinho is getting sacked so bore off 😴

There was a stat on spursweb that said we have lost 15 points from winning positions this season ans would be 2nd lol 😆 i can name at least 7 games where 1 players defensive mistake cost us a game .. thats not the manager thats the quality of the player.
If your bored by a widely shared opinion on this forum don't read them. I suspect you will not be missed. Happily you will be off shortly by the looks of the Kilpatrick tweet, following your eye gouging son of a whore screeching masiah. Yeah its always the players. Shaw, Rashford, Pogba, N'dombele Schurle, KDB, Salah....Zzzzzzzzz

If your bored by a widely shared opinion on this forum don't read them. I suspect you will not be missed. Happily you will be off shortly by the looks of the Kilpatrick tweet, following your eye gouging son of a whore screeching masiah. Yeah its always the players. Shaw, Rashford, Pogba, N'dombele Schurle, KDB, Salah....Zzzzzzzzz
Why did you quote players from other clubs for? Lol those players all had success with Mourinho haha

Joelinton... is this the same Joelinton who's only scored 5/6 goals in the PL... two of which were against us.... earning them 4 points!

Fucking Dr Tottenham needs to be struck off!
Nah world needs balance Shipman Octopus, Doom, Tottenham...evens out
Why did you quote players from other clubs for? Lol those players all had success with Mourinho haha
Yeah I know and they all speak so highly of him too. Ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom