New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How easy is it for tourists to get tickets?
This season I've been sat next to a group of 4 American teenagers - the Stadium was only one of three different venues on their 'European Tour' list (but obviously the best, as the boy next to me readily admitted!). A couple of seasons ago some American blokes next to me said they got theirs off StubHub (at an extortionate price).

I'm far from convinced Mr Levy has got the ticket sales thing 100% sorted as 'in-house only'. I reckon it's easy, if you've got a bit of cash.

And speaking of cash - here's hoping that cunt gets well & truly crippled this weekend.

Last edited:
How easy is it for tourists to get tickets?

I was surprised to learn this recently - there are absolutely LOADS of OFFICIAL resellers out there for so called 'Premium' packages. A lot of which look like reasonable enough value, certainly to an international tourist.

Lets be honest we don't have several thousand Koreans buying memberships and beating the wheel of doom every matchday sale!

Previously I've had very limited sympathy for those who buy from third party websites and then encounter problems with their tickets but given the colourful and varied nature of the OFFICIAL reseller sites its very easy to see how someone can get scammed - especially when dealing with different languages.

Manu are the most supported club in Asia, Park Ji-Sung or no Park Ji-Sung.

Park made Man United far more popular in South Korea than they were previously — and they’ve maintained a lot of that popularity even 12 years after he stopped playing for them and there are a number of high profile Koreans playing elsewhere. United also did a couple of tours there while Park played for them, cementing their popularity, despite the fact they’ve been crap for a decade.

How do I know this? Only because more than half of my family live there and I spend a decent part of every year there so I’m going to claim a little more expertise on the subject than you.

Just as a slight counter to this, I did see quite a few South Korean fans at Spurs when Sonny was playing in the Asian Games, that did go against my expectations.

Obviously it's the Son effect, but something like 12m South Koreans cite Spurs as their favourite team - just under 1 in 4 of the population.

Park made Man United far more popular in South Korea than they were previously — and they’ve maintained a lot of that popularity even 12 years after he stopped playing for them and there are a number of high profile Koreans playing elsewhere. United also did a couple of tours there while Park played for them, cementing their popularity, despite the fact they’ve been crap for a decade.

How do I know this? Only because more than half of my family live there and I spend a decent part of every year there so I’m going to claim a little more expertise on the subject than you.
So Manu are the most popular club in Every Asian country...apart from South Korea? All down to Park?
You are one condescending know all!

Ticket resale sites are mind blowing expensive..

So much so, I genuinely wonder if Levy sits in bed on his laptop each night listing a handful of tickets before nodding off to his dreams of a 4 figure average priced south stand for category C games.

It seems madness he would allow some tout and events website to make more from a ticket sale than the club does (as they are often priced more than double face value).

They don't have kids and are loaded!
And you spout borderline xenophobic shit but I try not to hold it against you.
So Manu are the most popular club in Every Asian country...apart from South Korea?
They’re not the most popular club in South Korea. So, yes, correct. The most popular EPL team in Japan is Liverpool. I suspect the most popular team in Thailand — by shirt count at least — are still Leicester

Last edited:
Ticket resale sites are mind blowing expensive..

So much so, I genuinely wonder if Levy sits in bed on his laptop each night listing a handful of tickets before nodding off to his dreams of a 4 figure average priced south stand for category C games.

It seems madness he would allow some tout and events website to make more from a ticket sale than the club does (as they are often priced more than double face value).
For fun I filled in the details for a ticket at a Korean resale site for a NLD ticket.
Cheapest seats are about £530.

There's nothing 'borderline xenophobic' about stating that the young S Koreans who visit WHL don't have kids and are loaded.
Mate, South Koreans aren’t loaded. It’s a ridiculous stereotype. The average South Korean makes about £25k per year. To suggest otherwise, is borderline xenophobia.

Edited to add: There’s plenty of other negative stereotypes about SK fans been posted on this site before. They don’t sing. They stop real fans from getting tickets etc.

For fun I filled in the details for a ticket at this Korean resale site for a NLD ticket.

And that's why, when I logged into Spurs at 8am and kept rebooting, I was 25,000 in the queue at 9am, which went down to 17,000 because 7,000 people died - then I finally got into the ticket site at 10.46am, 3/4 of an hour after it had opened - and guess what... IT WAS SOLD OUT.

Fucking tout websites nicked all the tickets, didn't they?

Don't worry - I'll be there!

For fun I filled in the details for a ticket at this Korean resale site for a NLD ticket.

Hold up.. just translated that site

levy.jpg

Mate, South Koreans aren’t loaded. It’s a ridiculous stereotype. The average South Korean makes about £25k per year. To suggest otherwise, is borderline xenophobia.

Edited to add: There’s plenty of other negative stereotypes about SK fans been posted on this site before. They don’t sing. They stop real fans from getting tickets etc.
We're not talking about 'S Koreans' though, are we? We're talking about the the tourists (mainly S Koreans) who can afford to travel to London, stay there and pay extortionate prices (that you yourself have verified) to go to a game. Get off your high horse.

Back
Top Bottom