New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hold up.. just translated that site

levy.jpg
I took out the link. The site is genuine enough but I doubt anyone is going to use it and it’s a bad habit to link rando websites
200k won is about £120 but if you navigate game by game, City and the NLD are extortionate.

We're not talking about 'S Koreans' though, are we? We're talking about the the tourists (mainly S Koreans) who can afford to travel to London, stay there and pay extortionate prices (that you yourself have verified) to go to a game. Get off your high horse.
British tourists who go to New York and take in a Broadway show or The Yankees at the same price as a football match — not all tickets are as expensive as the NLD — aren’t the Rothschilds. They’re just ordinary tourists.

A perhaps once in a lifetime trip to Europe that includes a ticket to see your favorite team doesn’t make you a rich person.

There's nothing 'borderline xenophobic' about stating that the young S Koreans who visit WHL don't have kids and are loaded.
Exactly and as SK have the lowest birth rate in the world they obviously don't bring the kids they don't have?
I always welcome them to the ground and have had a pint with them many times especially in the Bell and Hare.
Most are very well off and worship Sonny so a bit like me paying whatever it costs to see The Who they do the same.

ps GDP per capita is about $35k so relatively they are well off.

I took out the link. The site is genuine enough but I doubt anyone is going to use it and it’s a bad habit to link rando websites
200k won is about £120 but if you navigate game by game, City and the NLD are extortionate.
Woolwich tickets appear to range from £530 - £1,350.

I do genuinely find it hard to believe the club wouldn't be making anything on those mark ups when thousands are sold at these silly prices.

It would be the equivalent of selling like 350,000 tickets.

You see, from my point of view, as a life-long Spurs fan of more than 60 years, who can't afford to buy a season ticket, these touts are stopping me from getting a 'Senior' ticket. I'll have to buy a full price one again for the NLD, when the ticket exchange opens. This means I can only go to half the number of games I'd like to go to, so the club is missing out BIG TIME on my lusty singing and my borderline lunatic enthusiasm. I'm being replaced by tourists who don't sing and don't chant - it's a wonder the stadium's as loud as it is - but I tell you, the atmosphere's often disappointing and nothing like what it should be, when I'm not there (and people similar to me).

COYS

You see, from my point of view, as a life-long Spurs fan of more than 60 years, who can't afford to buy a season ticket, these touts are stopping me from getting a 'Senior' ticket. I'll have to buy a full price one again for the NLD, when the ticket exchange opens. This means I can only go to half the number of games I'd like to go to, so the club is missing out BIG TIME on my lusty singing and my borderline lunatic enthusiasm. I'm being replaced by tourists who don't sing and don't chant - it's a wonder the stadium's as loud as it is - but I tell you, the atmosphere's often disappointing and nothing like what it should be, when I'm not there (and people similar to me).

COYS
Has Sylvia Plath even been to our new ground?

British tourists who go to New York and take in a Broadway show or The Yankees at the same price as a football match — not all tickets are as expensive as the NLD — aren’t the Rothschilds. They’re just ordinary tourists.

A perhaps once in a lifetime trip to Europe that includes a ticket to see your favorite team doesn’t make you a rich person.
I went to see the Yankees play in New York many years ago. Like watching paint dry, about 4 hours of my life wasted except for the hot dogs. Many times during the play absolutely 100s of fans would just disappear for anything between 30-60 minutes. Crazy.

For all the complaining people do about the NFL, this is a much bigger conflict IMO. The NFL doesn't impact the playing surface, rugby does. And for what, an extra day of stadium revenue?

Back
Top Bottom