New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's going to screw the view from the Sky walk.

GJloFMwWAAA6PfL
"And if you look to your right, you can just make out Jamie Carragher spitting on a hooker in Room 109"

There's several in this thread. The search function sucks on this site, unfortunately, but it wouldn't be hard to find an example if you cared to peruse the thread.

If not xenophobia, how do you explain the angst from some towards NFL and Beyonce and compared to virtual silence about the rugby?

And I'm not against the rugby, every £ helps. Merely pointing out the hypocrisy of some.

It's just Anti-ENIC meme ammo..... You can easily add go-karts and Adele to that list.

.....Enough people have bitched about the boxing too.

I think it's just likely that non-international rugby isn't actually on many people's radar; nor is it well publicised (whereas a lot of noise was made about NFL synergy etc.; particularly with the fold-out pitch during the build)

It's not xenophobia.

Last edited:
Yes, you can take beer to your seat. Frankly it's a real pain in the rear as your constantly having to stand up to allow people out/in.

Last Spurs game I attended, that annoyed the shit out of me. People back n forth with food all the time..... Must be 10 times worse for beer and associated bladder fillage.

Last edited:
I like the way Levy's had it all designed so that even if you're right at the top of the tallest building you can't get to see the game for free.

Good thinkin' Dan!

:levywhoa:
It's to make West Ham fans feel like it's a home game. Take a room on the top floor and watch the game with binoculars.

I agree. It’s a good advert for NOT changing the alcohol in stadium ban.

I've always maintained that whilst desirable from an obv. point of view (I like beer)... It's only 90mins FFS... There's nothing stopping people from getting pissed the other 22.5 hours of the day.

I've always maintained that whilst desirable from an obv. point of view (I like beer)... It's only 90mins FFS... There's nothing stopping people from getting pissed the other 22.5 hours of the day.
It’s not even 90 mins. They arrive 5 mins late for KO, go for a piss, leave 5 mins before HT, get back 5 mins late again, go for a piss, and then leave 5 mins before FT to get their fucking train.

Anyone know what the cut is for these events?
Do the club keep all stadium food and drink sales? Do the event organiser pay a fee etc?

We think :

- Organiser (eg NFL) sells and keeps ticket receipts
- Spurs charge Organiser a rental to use the stadium and its staff
- Spurs operate all the bars and food outlets and keep receipts, Spurs might hand over a small % if under pressure in negotiations
- NFL and other organisers will usually have a standard commission structure/sales split to sell merchandise, which Spurs will usually take up to sell in the club shop and stadium outlets.

Wouldn't surprise me if Spurs made say £2m/£3m (ish) net profit on bigger events like NFL and rugby matches. And organisers will also make a seven figure sum, which is why they'll re-book most years.

There's nothing stopping people from getting pissed the other 22.5 hours of the day.

You’d think that would be the case.

But believe you me society frowns upon that sort of shit.

I tried to live in a world where drinking at 7am is seen as a normal start to the day.
But other commuters don’t feel the same way when you offer them a little bump to start the day or a cheeky shot of tequila while waiting for a train.

Then my family sent me to the Priory when I started putting cocaine on my cornflakes and vodka in my coffee.

Killjoys!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom