New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the prices in the ground definitely not gonna spend that much time in there anymore, will go back to the pub before the game and only have a couple after the game if there's music on then will leave early to go back in the pub.
The price for 2 burgers was the same price as my Uber home after the game at the weekend
Me and my group that I go with have gone back to drinking in the pub before and getting into the ground 10-15 mins before kick off. We did get into the new ground 1-1.5 hours before, have a few beers and chat with people we only saw in the ground. But that was when it was £4.50 a pint and it was actually drinkable.

If it's an early drink then pubs around some of the stations are excellent, yes you can pay a bit more but you get a glass and decent pint. Closer to kick off times then around or in the ground are better options.

Me and my group that I go with have gone back to drinking in the pub before and getting into the ground 10-15 mins before kick off. We did get into the new ground 1-1.5 hours before, have a few beers and chat with people we only saw in the ground. But that was when it was £4.50 a pint and it was actually drinkable.
I think you're right about 'drinkable', the quality of the beer in the stadium seems, to me at least, to have become really poor. I wonder if it's to do with the different type of glasses they use. The bottom up ones never taste right to me.

If it's an early drink then pubs around some of the stations are excellent, yes you can pay a bit more but you get a glass and decent pint. Closer to kick off times then around or in the ground are better options.
Went in Bluecoats for the first time in ages after the game last weekend, was fairly decent in there.

Ah there's an idea. Haven't been in that place for years. It seems to change it's name every other week.
Me either. Last time I went in there (pre Wembley) we got charged £7 for a pint of Star so it went on my blacklist. The one in the converted loos always looks popular too. Anyone tried it?

Ah there's an idea. Haven't been in that place for years. It seems to change it's name every other week.
Me either. Last time I went in there (pre Wembley) we got charged £7 for a pint of Star so it went on my blacklist. The one in the converted loos always looks popular too. Anyone tried it?
Isn't that the high cross? if so no i haven't tried that.

I think you're right about 'drinkable', the quality of the beer in the stadium seems, to me at least, to have become really poor. I wonder if it's to do with the different type of glasses they use. The bottom up ones never taste right to me.
The One of Our Own is pretty decent when it’s a fresh brew - less do when it’s stale. Now I know how much No 8 charges I feel less ripped off too 😂

Last edited:
Man dat crazy!

I can see why some people are put off going!

For the Chelsea game I've already forked out £70 for the ticket and £60 for the train return. So that's £130 without even taking into account tube ticket, and drink/food for the day. Weekend gonna set me back £200 easily.
Yeah. I think I'll print out the credit card receipt and hang it on my Spurs Wall-o-Shit.

Isn't that the high cross? if so no i haven't tried that.
No idea of the name. But that’d make sense given where it is. There used to be a proper ropey pub where the dentist is now too - went in there a few times under age in the early 90s when we couldn’t get into the match
Very nearly went in there on Sat, as walked to the stadium from Seven Sisters. Was packed though, so just kept walking.

A place I have been to on occasion is the Brown Eagle right opposite the stadium (on the corner if you walk out from WHL station), small Caribbean place, fiver a pint. Nice and friendly, gets really busy near to kick off due to where it is though.

I made the mistake of going in the Bill Nick after Villa.. What a crap hole that place is.. People doing drugs in full view of everyone and bar staff that look like they came from the Jeremy Kyle green room.

Back
Top Bottom