New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made the mistake of going in the Bill Nick after Villa.. What a crap hole that place is.. People doing drugs in full view of everyone and bar staff that look like they came from the Jeremy Kyle green room.
We went to the end of season party. The pole dancer was frightening! Had Brandon Block and Alex P djing to people chanting. Genuinely surreal

Ah there's an idea. Haven't been in that place for years. It seems to change it's name every other week.
Me either. Last time I went in there (pre Wembley) we got charged £7 for a pint of Star so it went on my blacklist. The one in the converted loos always looks popular too. Anyone tried it?

It's always mobbed. Keep meaning to go in but never seem to get around to it.

The bloke with the beard and cap in the back bar?
James Franco Flirt GIF

Took the grandkids and one of my sons last week:

- Two frankfurters and chips
- One portion of chips
- Two beers
- Two Cokes

£38.75 :levylol:

FFS
It would be quite easy for each child to be used as a 'Chips Mule'. Security are less likely to search youngsters. Then, all you need to do is bring a couple of Zippo handwarmers each, to heat the chips up once you're in the ground. Bingo, you've saved twelve quid - and that's not including the drinks you've smuggled in, which would save you another £8.

I'm still thinking about your frankfurters. Ideas, anyone?

WE drink in the White hart on the Shelf as it's near to our seats, only at H/T and after for a couple. Prices seem to creep up regularly and the beer isn't that good.
Have to say the staff are getting progressively more clueless. Villa game, mate asked for a vodka and tonic and got asked 'Pint or half?'
I kid you not.

It would be quite easy for each child to be used as a 'Chips Mule'. Security are less likely to search youngsters. Then, all you need to do is bring a couple of Zippo handwarmers each, to heat the chips up once you're in the ground. Bingo, you've saved twelve quid - and that's not including the drinks you've smuggled in, which would save you another £8.

I'm still thinking about your frankfurters. Ideas, anyone?
Levy really gets away with murder doesn't he....

Any list that has Wembley in the Top 10 can instantly be dismissed.

Anyway, lets look at the rest of that 'Top 10'...
Ibrox / Celtic Park - never been to either, and can't comment on how good they are. But they're in Scotland, so who cares anyway
Anfield - haven't been there for a few years, but it was bang average back then. Does any of the fairly recent renovation work make it any better?
Craven Cottage - its an average little stadium, only improved by it being in a nice/posh location next to the river in London. Nothing else about it stands out apart from previously having a 'neutral' section (i.e. more away fans).
Old Trafford - big stadium, with shitty little seats
Villa Park - old stadium, average in the extreme
St James Park - any stadium designed specifically to seat the away fans in the gods should be nowhere near any top stadium list. Shouldn't even be allowed in the Premier League.
Tynecastle Park - never been there, but its a small old stadium in Scotland thats been renovated a few times over the years. Again, who cares.

So - our stadium is clearly the best of that bunch by a country mile.

I also prefer to use the word 'stadia' when referring to the plural of stadium, rather than 'stadiums'....but that's just me being a pedant!
Agree with you about Old Trafford.

Was recently at a world cup final there and the seats, atmosphere and facilities were all shit.

Regarding the away seats at Newcastle. When you are up there it’s like being a million miles away.
about 4 or 5 years ago the premier lge brought out a rule that some of the away fans had to be at ground level at all PL grounds. This has been done everywhere except Newcastle. Ashley said they couldn’t do it because of safety problems . They got a couple of years to sort it but still hasn’t happened

Quite upsetting to hear about the tourism at the new stadium. I have not been. It all seemed a bit weird. I spent many years going to the old WHL.And then doing the run to WHL station or the trudge to Seven Sisters. I then did a good few games at Wembley (bloody horrible), but can’t quite bring myself to go to the new stadium. I have lived within a few miles of WHL for almost 30 years and always felt a connection. Not with the Cheese and Beer factory. Doesn’t help that I can’t afford tickets or cheese. i was always a bit put off when you couldn’t smoke in the stands. If you are going to play Huddlestone, then I need a Benson. Anyone want to convince me that I need to go to a game at the new stadium? Or even better give me a free ticket?

Last edited:
Quite upsetting to hear about the tourism at the new stadium. I have not been. It all seemed a bit weird. I spent many years going to the old WHL.And then doing the run to WHL station or the trudge to Seven Sisters. I then did a good few games at Wembley (bloody horrible), but can’t quite bring myself to go to the new stadium. I have lived within a few miles of WHL for almost 30 years and always felt a connection. Not with the Cheese and Beer factory. Doesn’t help that I can’t afford tickets or cheese. i was always a bit put off when you couldn’t smoke in the stands. If you are going to play Huddlestone, then I need a Benson. Anyone want to convince me that I need to go to a game at the new stadium? Or even better give me a free ticket?
What's cheese got to do with anything?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom