New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if it was just part of something we played on the screens pre-game then, and he's just being a dick about that, or if he has literally made the whole thing up?

Here's the original tweet I'm certain he got it from. It blew up to 2,000 retweets even though the guy only had 82 followers at the time. His following tweets are constantly digging Spurs out & he talks about going fishing with them so he's clearly an 16 year old boy sitting around in his pants trying to annoy people online:

It'll be a long term deal, but I suppose the first season of a sponsorship deal is when it receives the most attention, before the name loses its original meaning.

I rarely think of the airlines when I hear the names Etihad or Emirates, it's just a stadium name.

The legislation needs to be changed but there's one club stopping it, and MPs don't see it as a priority so it'll never happen. Just let people stand, you have large concerts and festivals with tens of thousands of people standing, I just don't see the issue any more.

Oh good god, so because we had an atmosphere which goes against all the new stadiums and their generic silent bowls, it means we played fake songs over the PA which apparently only one of 60,000 people picked up on.

What next?
The Tifo was a hologram?
The grass is really atsroturf and there is no retractable grass pitch?
The glass facade is clingfilm?
The gold cockerel is just a small toy seen through a powerful magnifying glass?
There IS a cheese room?
The single tier is actually three tiers with a painted mural of fans to make it look joined up?
The scoreboard said 1-0 Spurs but the real score was 3-0 City?
The away end has soundproof glass shield so you couldn’t hear them?

Imagine Spurs having something better than you, nooooo all of the above is way more likely.

Back
Top Bottom