New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit more than that though, as UEFA requires the club to have supporters seated, and the local council also has that requirement.

Sanctions from UEFA, in addition to fines, can include reducing the crowd size for the next 'x' games.

So I hope standing wasn't seen to be too much by UEFA in the ManCity game.......

And :

The legislation relating to standing in football grounds derives from section 11 of the Football Spectators Act 1989: ‘The Secretary of State may, by order, direct the licensing authority to include in any licence to admit spectators to any specified premises a condition imposing requirements as respects the seating of spectators at designated football matches at the premises; and it shall be the duty of the authority to comply with the direction.’

So the ground could be closed if there is persistent standing, especially if the club is seen not to be tryimg to control it.

And standing breaches the ground regulations, alllowing the club to eject standing spectators, and indeed ban them.

So its not as simple as just 'a breach of contract relating to your purchase of a ticket. '
Where are you seeing the UEFA rules? All I see is stadiums must be all seated, can't see punishment for standing

Edit.... Seen it,

By Darude?
3egsxeH.gif

I wonder if it was just part of something we played on the screens pre-game then, and he's just being a dick about that, or if he has literally made the whole thing up?

There was a troll on Twitter pretending to be a journalist (he had 82 followers so go figure) that claimed he was at the stadium and the atmosphere was fake and Americanized that Gooners, Spammers & Chavs jumped on & retweeted. He's got it from a fake story/ account and is clinging to it because being gifted a top quality team that wins things out of thin air isn't enough for him. Just laugh in his face and give it back to him as good as he gave it.

Back
Top Bottom