New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I left the stadium on Saturday no queue to get into WHL station and I even got a seat. This was of course quite a while after the match had ended and I'd had a good mooch around the stadium bars that were open, till they closed them.

Can imagine it being a little tougher for a midweek game.

On the season ticket note... I sincerely hope the woman directly behind me isn't a ST holder.

As soon as the legends game kicked off she shouted "OK you can sit down now". I was like "Yeah OK jesus!!" She then proceeded to just spout the most incessant drivel that was just clearly regurgitating Daily Mail articles about players wanting to leave and us not buying players. :pochfacepalm:
You unlucky sod. When I sat down in my seat it dawned on me that there could be some Grade-A weirdos around me but they were all great, thank god.

Edit: Fixed it for you. You'd wrapped your whole post in the 'rating' bbcode haha - Admin Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
What if I ask really nicely?! I am row 48 South Stand, half way towards the Shelf.

At half time I walked down to bang behind the goal, South Lower Row 10 and my god I wish I hadn’t. That view is perfection and I’ll do all I can to end up there in the coming years.
You make me appreciate how lucky we got with our choice

when we couldn't get our old position (row 22, Park goal slightly to our left) I was concerned...

But sitting where we are now (row 15 in block 257) I am in love - an almost isometric view of the pitch, our boys warm up right in front of us, perfect angle for corners... Am sure there are better seats, like the one you describe, but I am I no rush to move :D

Plus, we used to use cup games to sit in other places around the stadium (including where you described for the Europa v Monaco when Lamela slammed in a hattrick)

As an Aussie, I think it's pretty incredible that you have that much rail infrastructure so far away from the centre of your city. Even though it's probably slightly inadequate for the crowds, it's a hell of a lot better than anything we have, especially if someone plonked a 60k seat stadium 10+km from our CBD (which has happened in the past and from all accounts it was an absolute nightmare to get to). Enjoy Thursday morning (my time) guys, be loud.
I think part of the reason is because we're a geographically much smaller country - in London particularly but also other major cities, you really, really don't need a car and there's a very substantial and increasing percentage who don't own one or even know how to drive. So in turn that means it's necessary for them to make sure there's solid transport provision whenever there's any kind of new development.

Just a thought. If you really hated your season ticket seat (I don’t know yet as didn’t sit in it on Sat as chose somewhere else for that game), how difficult/easy would it be to transfer to a different seat in the close season?

Was thinking the same and I’m up I’m the west upper ,

Just PLEASE don't let the first thing sung in there on Wednesday be "Stand up if yoou hate Woolwich" ...or ANY mention of Sol Campbell hanging from a tree... heard it several times at the U-21s game and it's fucking shameful...

Those names have NO PLACE in our new ground... (Unless we're playing them, of course... in which case, it's gloves off and no holds barred)

But for any other game, against any other opposition, then surely we've moved on from, and should be ABOVE all that now!

I agree time to forgive and forget..can't believe he didn't get in our legends team?

Just PLEASE don't let the first thing sung in there on Wednesday be "Stand up if yoou hate Woolwich" ...or ANY mention of Sol Campbell hanging from a tree... heard it several times at the U-21s game and it's fucking shameful...

Those names have NO PLACE in our new ground... (Unless we're playing them, of course... in which case, it's gloves off and no holds barred)

But for any other game, against any other opposition, then surely we've moved on from, and should be ABOVE all that now!

Agree.

Totally embarrassing singing any songs about Woolwich when we are not playing them.

I agree time to forgive and forget..can't believe he didn't get in our legends team?
Funny.... I see what you did there...

But wishing the Cunt dies of HIV whilst hanging from a tree is a little much for a club hoping to push for the title ahead of clubs who sing about "Blue Moons", and "Never Walking Alone" ...see what I'm getting at here?

Some instant feedback, we were again victims of our own success, the amount of ale consumed was staggering the massive orders clearly weren't massive enough, it's obvious that the Goal Line Bar is where everyone wants to be. That's great but it also created some fairly big issues. Having 45,000 fans (still 15,000 short) all seemingly trying to use the South Stand Market Place, when there are three other 'feature' bars with large capacity around the ground, was not altogether expected. There is a clear pattern already developing, people enter all around the ground then they all migrate to under the South Stand, this caused some bottlenecks both heading in and heading out of the South Stand. The same pattern is repeated at the end of the game with people not leaving but heading to under the South Stand.

Nothing to worry about in terms of certification, but something the club will look at. Maybe as fans get used to their own stand's bars this mass migration to the Goal Line Bar will stop but somehow I doubt it, the herd-mentality of the like-minded masses is very much going to be part of the Tottenham day out.

It appears that once again the post match 'hanging around' was fantastic, did anyone stay back for that?
Totally agree
On the season ticket note... I sincerely hope the woman directly behind me isn't a ST holder.

As soon as the legends game kicked off she shouted "OK you can sit down now". I was like "Yeah OK jesus!!" She then proceeded to just spout the most incessant drivel that was just clearly regurgitating Daily Mail articles about players wanting to leave and us not buying players. :pochfacepalm:
South stand? Had an old guy behind saying why are you sitting down for the u18s

Back
Top Bottom