New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My friend said it was horrible at WHL station and the toilets were blocked on level 5 in the West stand. I'm just hoping that my flight isn't delayed and glad I don't have to go to work on Thursday. Might walk to Silver Street as that way the train will be empty when it comes into WHL. The Man City game is going to be interesting though!

My friend said it was horrible at WHL station and the toilets were blocked on level 5 in the West stand. I'm just hoping that my flight isn't delayed and glad I don't have to go to work on Thursday. Might walk to Silver Street as that way the train will be empty when it comes into WHL. The Man City game is going to be interesting though!
Whilst it was busy, I thought the Q at the station, at least heading south, was fairly well managed, I've certainly seen worse

Edited to add..as for the blocked loos, that could have been deliberate (although less likely in the ladies). There were fuckers smoking in the bogs in the south stand, some people just do what they want and fuck everyone else

Last edited:
Amazing day! Loved every moment.

As for leaving, the queues at White Hart Lane station were mega. Luckily my other half isn't adverse to using the fact she's 7 months pregnant where there are advantages to be gained and we jumped right to the front!

Also got to use the stadium lifts too which was a bonus for a chunk like me!

On my own Weds though so best get some exercise training in.
For what it's worth, my two daughters wanted to get to Liverpool St. but to test a theory one walked to Silver Street while the other waited inline at WHL. The one that went to Silver Street was at Liverpool St 34mins before the other.

Whilst it was busy, I thought the Q at the station, at least heading south, was fairly well managed, I've certainly seen worse

Edited to add..as for the blocked loos, that could have been deliberate (although less likely in the ladies). There were fuckers smoking in the bogs in the south stand, some people just do what they want and fuck everyone else

Blows my mind that people can't wait 90 minutes to have a fag. Imagine if they'd set an alarm off and potentially caused us to lose our safety certificate??

Some weird circle of doom stuff going on this Morning. In early, then wheel clears, then booted out, now back to square one.. It really is a piss poor system.

WHL was a 45 minute queue to the platform Northbound on Saturday, but Southbound seemed a lot faster. One issue was less than clear signage to the South/North queues (which should be an easy fix) resulting in some people queuing almost an hour then being told to get to the back of another queue. I saw a few people threatening to jump barriers and claim assault if the stewards tried to stop them.

Chesham station was my preferred route on Sat as driving with my son, but for some reason they closed off the station car park so people were parking all over the surrounding roads wherever they could get a spot. Chaotic at best.

The stadium interior and exterior are exceptional, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to the concourses in terms of signage (e.g. it's different stairs to level 4 or 5... I learned that the hard way) and it wasn't very obvious where some concessions were positioned. Food wise it seemed that you had to travel about a quarter length of the stadium if you wanted something other than a pie or sausage roll so the queues for the fish+chip / hot-dog stand were mental and hardly anywhere to eat it unless you go to your seat (which you can't do with a pint). At the stroke of half time I went to get another drink but barely moved in a queue after 10 mins so gave up.

Overall I think the actual stadium, seating etc is magnificent, but the transport is a mess and the food/drink situation needs a fair bit of attention.

I also somehow couldn't find the big club shop!

It was pretty plain to see that the local pubs are going to be affected by the price of drinks in the stadium. Stay at Bell & Hare with shit music blaring out and pay £5.50 for a Stella, or head to the Taproom for £5 a neck oil? No brainer.

Bell & Hare emptied out about an hour and a half before kick off. I remember it being rammed until about 20 mins before KO.
Be interesting to see how it goes long term. There was always going to be a rush of people when the stadium first opens (myself included)who want to get in there and see what its like. When we get part way through next season it will probably calm down a bit.

Yup, got in at 10:22 , not a feckin thing available ! Anyone know someone who works in the ticket office, cos I reckon you need someone on the "inside"..

Just PLEASE don't let the first thing sung in there on Wednesday be "Stand up if yoou hate Woolwich" ...or ANY mention of Sol Campbell hanging from a tree... heard it several times at the U-21s game and it's fucking shameful...

Those names have NO PLACE in our new ground... (Unless we're playing them, of course... in which case, it's gloves off and no holds barred)

But for any other game, against any other opposition, then surely we've moved on from, and should be ABOVE all that now!

For what it's worth, my two daughters wanted to get to Liverpool St. but to test a theory one walked to Silver Street while the other waited inline at WHL. The one that went to Silver Street was at Liverpool St 34mins before the other.
I think this is actually going to be quite the problem. I walked to Silver Street, and between those of us who'd done that and the normal local traffic pretty much all the seats were full before it even got to WHL, which is only going to exacerbate the queues there. Frankly I don't think the transport is anywhere close to meeting the safety standards for 62k, especially before the work on WHL is done - even then it relies on thousands staying behind which just won't happen for midweek games. Would not be surprised to see it end up with 90 minute train queues midweek so be super careful/try Silver Street if you need to make a connection once you reach central London.

I love how this thread has now morphed into a general stadium/transport tips and tricks thread...looks like there still might be a bit more life in the old girl yet...

How did you miss it? It's basically the same proximity to the stadium that the old shop was :eriksenlol:

Yeah, tbh I didn't go as far up as the old club shop because I needed to get back to WHL station and assumed they'd put it somewhere more central. I did go into the small one near the North stand.

Of all the criticisms I could make, this is the one where I could happily accept I was a dipshit.

Last edited:
I think this is actually going to be quite the problem. I walked to Silver Street, and between those of us who'd done that and the normal local traffic pretty much all the seats were full before it even got to WHL, which is only going to exacerbate the queues there. Frankly I don't think the transport is anywhere close to meeting the safety standards for 62k, especially before the work on WHL is done - even then it relies on thousands staying behind which just won't happen for midweek games. Would not be surprised to see it end up with 90 minute train queues midweek so be super careful/try Silver Street if you need to make a connection once you reach central London.

Or the Stadium starting to empty on 75 minutes :(

I've only got to get back to Bethnal Green on Wednesday (booked the travelodge there) but might test out going to Silver Street, just so I know for future trips what it's like. Normally we've got a race against time to get back to Paddington for 20 past 6 for a Saturday afternoon match, and after reading these comments about how bad it's been after the reduced capacity test events I'm not confident.

Back
Top Bottom