New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DrVRO_SXgAAjz-6.jpg

DrVRQqJX4AILy-3.jpg

DrVRW-nWsAEPHJ9.jpg

That looks so good. Totally exceeds my expectations.

That looks so good. Totally exceeds my expectations.

Even my Gooner mate admitted that it looks classy. Obviously he couldn’t resist a dig about the delays, but I could tell he was jealous.

Have to admit that I was in favour of having the cockerel looking out over the pitch, but seeing it like that makes me sure that this was the right decision.

It is shit but it shouldn’t affect support, the new stadium isn’t magically gonna turn us into boca juniors. The fans make the atmosphere not the stadium
No but it means we become Tottenham again playing at Tottenham instead of miles away

It is shit but it shouldn’t affect support, the new stadium isn’t magically gonna turn us into boca juniors. The fans make the atmosphere not the stadium

Mood plays a big part too.

I for one am just as pissed off with being there as everyone else.

Can probably only think of 4/5 games when Wembley was bouncing last season, the place is a big dive with no acoustics.

I even recal our 5-1 win over stoke being a bit flat!

The day we go home will be the day we really turn up and rock the place! Can’t wait.

Chelsea and inter are my last games at that place.... until the cup finals at least ;)

I don’t think you understand his point.

Wembley is a shit football stadium.

The fans don’t like it. It’s *very* difficult to get a song going because by the time it’s caught on it’s all out of sync.

Add to this the fact that lots of regular (potentially noisy) fans are picking and choosing games. And on top of that tickets are so easy to get that it does become a tourist day out.

I’m not knocking it, but, for example the Koreans that come just to watch sonny - they aren’t going to sing.

The dad that has tickets land in his lap for him and his boy - they don’t know the songs.

The groups of STH that are still dispersed because we haven’t got a home ground.

There’s so many factors that will almost certainly disappear when we move home that we won’t need to be 1970’s Brazil to get the atmosphere back.

Wembley is just shit.

This thing of beauty is going to be such a revolution for our support. As someone still trecking to Wembley for home games, it really isn’t enjoyable any more. Last season was a novelty and we all tried really hard to make the best of it. This season is just a step too far. It’s a terrible match day experience inside the stadium. Our support is being a bit flaky in my opinion too, but hopefully we will do NWHL justice.

The fans don’t like it. It’s *very* difficult to get a song going because by the time it’s caught on it’s all out of sync.

Add to this the fact that lots of regular (potentially noisy) fans are picking and choosing games. And on top of that tickets are so easy to get that it does become a tourist day out.

I’m not knocking it, but, for example the Koreans that come just to watch sonny - they aren’t going to sing.

The dad that has tickets land in his lap for him and his boy - they don’t know the songs.

The groups of STH that are still dispersed because we haven’t got a home ground.

There’s so many factors that will almost certainly disappear when we move home that we won’t need to be 1970’s Brazil to get the atmosphere back.

Wembley is just shit.
I get what you’re saying, especially regarding tourists, family days out etc.

I still think we should make a better job of the atmosphere though, the areas behind both goals tend to have more hardcore support from my experience, we shouldn’t be silent for 90 mins

I know the club tried with the awful speaker drum (cringe) but couldn't we have had some sort of actual drummer?. I'm sure there was one back in the days at the lane. Then it stopped? What happened to it?

I know the club tried with the awful speaker drum (cringe) but couldn't we have had some sort of actual drummer?. I'm sure there was one back in the days at the lane. Then it stopped? What happened to it?
Unfortunately Levy won’t allow it. PSV had one tonight though. Seems a bit unfair!

Got stopped, amongst other things I suspect, but because of one of the “yid” chants. Well that’s what I was told.

Wembley is shite for singing. Sung my heart out at wham away, and will do at palace, but barely even shouted much at Wembley tonight..... try and sing a few, but it’s literally a handful in my block, so I just stop, as I think others do too.

Unfortunately Levy won’t allow it. PSV had one tonight though. Seems a bit unfair!
What's the reason though? Because we use it for the 'Y word?' it would be really good to have it in the new stadium to get the place going. We definitely need it at Wembley that's for sure! I'm sure when we played Dortmund at wembley those guys had a megaphone, drums, fucking lead guitar..

Wembley is just shit.
The PSV fans managed to create a good atmosphere! I understand that Wembley is shit but surely we can group together and at least try! Isn’t that what this 1882 website is about? What the fuck happened to that, it would be easy to get 1882 together at Wembley why isn’t it happening?

Back
Top Bottom