New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

The west side of NWHL is progressing - the whole area in front of the north west stairs and media café is now open - looks like they've almost finished laying power cables in the road leading to ticket office which in turn is coming along and I'd guess scaffolding there will come down in early December.

The TV screen to the south (right hand side) of the West Entrance is nearing completion and the framework for the veil is almost complete up to there so overnight and tomorrow I'd guess the veil will have been completed to there meaning that 75% of the west side will have its veil in place.

Subject to these pesky 'critical safety systems' looking like they are solved, IMO its looking highly possible that there could be an announcement of a Test Event in mid December ! Big step forward if that happens

The veil looks absolutely beautiful.

It was the one thing I wasn't 100% sure on when looking at all the computer generated images of the stadium etc. - but it looks incredible and is going to look mightily impressive when completed.

I think most of the Wembley fatigue is down to us not expecting to still be there. Mentally we were ready for our new home, so the disappointment of being at Wembley is getting to everyone.

If we'd always expected to be there for two years we'd probably be ok with it. We'd have had plenty of time to adjust to that.

No, I think loads of people wouldn't have bought season tickets for a second year at Wembley.

Levy knew this and so engineered a situation with the PL where we have a chance of not playing a full season there.

Honestly we could have lost thousands of season ticket holders if he hadn't played it out the way he has.

Last edited:
No, I think loads of people wouldn't have bought season tickets for a second year at Wembley.

Levy knew this and so engineered a situation with the PL where we have a chance of not playing a full season there.

Honestly we could have lost thousands of season ticket holders if he hadn't played it out the way he has.
I meant if it had been announced from the outset, before we left WHL, that we'd be away for two years, people would've made their peace with it a long time ago.

Once we found ourselves in the situation we're in, where the new stadium is late, then yeah, if Levy had said that we won't play any games this season at NWHL then very few would've bought a season ticket. However, if we do end up at Wembley until the summer then we'll have effectively had a whole season of no season ticket holders anyway, plus a fuck ton of admin costs.

Last edited:
The veil looks absolutely beautiful.

It was the one thing I wasn't 100% sure on when looking at all the computer generated images of the stadium etc. - but it looks incredible and is going to look mightily impressive when completed.

I really like the veil and I'm glad they have that instead of just miscellaneous office glass. Also in a couple of decades they can easily swap it out for a different style veil if they want to revamp the stadium. Like changing sweaters!

My favourite view of the stadium is still that amazing interior though.

Back
Top Bottom