New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's Heineken. Was announced ages ago.

Heineken Named as Official Beer Partner for Tottenham Hotspur's Iconic New Stadium

And there's also Beavertown (sadly now part owned by Heineken):

Beavertown

Cheers! I must have missed that somehow.

I can just about manage Heineken, Carlsberg or even Carling, but a feeling of dread came over me while I was "enjoying" my pint of Budpiss in Club Wembley on Saturday.

The fact that half of the draught pumps weren't working, that Bar West (or whatever it's called) is closed for conversion into a gastro pub and that we have to go to that dump for probably at least another half season didn't help my mood.

Hi All - Anyone that missed the 48hr window on the 15th to get your cash back, I got this today

"Good morning Ross,

Thank you for your email.

The account cash back option is still available on your e-ticketing account. If you request the refund prior to 12noon tomorrow, the money will be refunded back by Friday, 31st August.

Any further information regarding the new stadium and home fixtures will be announced on the Tottenham Hotspur website, once any details are confirmed.

Kind regards,

Conor"

He said the window was still open but it was very much closed on Monday - back open now.
I also asked what they would do if we were out of pocket with more delays and a bunch of Cat A's coming.... but he said check the website.

Feck, I have just checked my emails. It turns out I need to have requested the money from my season tickets before noon Friday. I did it just after. I don't suppose anyone knows when it will be credited into my account? I am guessing they are going to fuck me over and it will be in a month. I am not sure why it is so difficult to just send me the fucking money. :wall:

Edit: Actually found this on the website:

"When will the refund appear in my bank account?

Supporters wishing to have refunds cleared in their bank account before the planned on sale date for the Liverpool fixture, were requested to have submitted their bank details by 12noon, Friday 17 August. Anyone who submitted their details prior to mid-day Monday 20 August will be able to access these funds from your bank account from Friday 24 August."
Good to see the Club continue to pump our contradicting information.

Which is it then?
Has anybody actually received their cashback into their account yet? Absolute farce that it has taken so long. Should be instant.
Friday it’ll come in, I’m guessing they do a bulk BACS run, less admin for them.

Good to see the Club continue to pump our contradicting information.

Which is it then?

Friday it’ll come in, I’m guessing they do a bulk BACS run, less admin for them.

They didn't make it clear but I think they do a BACS run every month so if you missed the deadline of Friday then the date you get the money back gets pushed out.

They didn't make it clear but I think they do a BACS run every month so if you missed the deadline of Friday then the date you get the money back gets pushed out.

The email from the club sent out on 15/08 clearly stated that funds would be available from the 16th and would be in your bank in 48 hours.

I requested full refunds on the 16th, and got a confirmation email that day saying they run a monthly repayment process happens once a month. I assumed this was the default process, so do don’t take much notice. Yet, still no payment received.

They originally said once a month, then changed to 48hrs... but if you requested on the 16th and don't have them yet I guess it isn't 48hrs.

The email advising said:

This credit will be visible in your account from 10am tomorrow morning (16 Aug). You can access your credit by withdrawing the funds into your nominated bank account (the system will prompt you for this if you have not already provided these details). The funds will then be transferred to your bank account by means of a BACS payment (Bankers Automated Clearance Service) and available to use in 48 hours.

...then the confirmation says:

Your request to withdraw £157.11 from your balance has been successful. You will receive £157.11 when the cashback process is completed. This process will be run once a month. You will be notified once this has been credited to your account.

I was working on the assumption that they'd failed to update the notification email but who knows...

A few pics posted on SSC by JimB.

One that caught my eye as not having been reported before is 'work currently underway on White Hart Lane, between the station and the High Road. Widening the pavement and adding planted areas with big lumps of rock for added aesthetic appeal'

YYhH6pfh.jpg

One of the entrances to the Stadium which I have not seen pics of before

YGrl93Bh.jpg

From SSC : Talksport Jim White's comment earlier today :

A contractor’s report [on Monday 13th] showed a problem with critical safety systems. This involves the ability to evacuate the building safely, the PA system, and the fire alarm system, which has to be working, but there were a number of unexpected installation errors when it was tested."

There is much wrong with this summary, though if these are indeed the three areas identified with problems (and only these three) then the wailing and gnashing of teeth etc regarding the build programme can be put on hold. The chances of these (ability to evacuate the building safely, PA system, fire alarm system etc) passing muster to everyone's satisfaction when first tested are about the same as Mourinho and Moyes being asked back as a club ambassador double-act up at Old Trafford when they reach pension age.

Jim White went on to say ...

I have to stress this was totally unexpected to the football club. The testing for this work was completed a long time ago, 18 months ago, but clearly, according to Tottenham, the workmanship in this area has not been good enough. It has let them down. The club feels let down as a result and is totally reliant on the contractors sorting it out.”

And that's basically where it goes all Talksport and loses touch with reality ...

Also the timescale is certainly not correct - the stadium was not in a state to have fire alarms, PA systems installed 18 months ago.

But it appears Talksport has been given information by a non club source as to the cause of the delay (and its not the 'bricks and mortar' not coming together on time) which has to be reassuring.

I guess in a couple of weeks time (plus or minus) Spurs will have been given some estimates as to the time required to fix the problems. Then its a question of re-arranging 2 or more test events to allow Spurs to get a Safety Certificate'.

A few pics posted on SSC by JimB.

One that caught my eye as not having been reported before is 'work currently underway on White Hart Lane, between the station and the High Road. Widening the pavement and adding planted areas with big lumps of rock for added aesthetic appeal'

YYhH6pfh.jpg
Good of the club to supply any future rioters with ammo
We really are a community based club, love it .So proud.
#buildingbridgeswiththelocals

They originally said once a month, then changed to 48hrs... but if you requested on the 16th and don't have them yet I guess it isn't 48hrs.

The email advising said:

This credit will be visible in your account from 10am tomorrow morning (16 Aug). You can access your credit by withdrawing the funds into your nominated bank account (the system will prompt you for this if you have not already provided these details). The funds will then be transferred to your bank account by means of a BACS payment (Bankers Automated Clearance Service) and available to use in 48 hours.

...then the confirmation says:

Your request to withdraw £157.11 from your balance has been successful. You will receive £157.11 when the cashback process is completed. This process will be run once a month. You will be notified once this has been credited to your account.

I was working on the assumption that they'd failed to update the notification email but who knows...
In the same breath they said the 24th. Fuck knows.

Widening the pavement and adding planted areas with big lumps of rock for added aesthetic appeal

Those things look dangerous to me. I bet they'll be some personal injury lawyers lurking on matchdays waiting for some mug to trip over or gash their leg on those massive sharp rocks randomly sticking out of the planters.

Back
Top Bottom