New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It could always be worse, lads

I remember sat in a pub watching that game. Half time was 3-0 or 3-1 and they were down to 10 men and we still screwed it up (apologies if wrong, couldn't face watching the 'highlights' again). Was left stunned.
As you say it could be and has often been a lot worse.

I have now just watched the video again (wish I hadn't). Some stunning goals but reminds me how bad we were not very long ago.

Last edited:
I was harshly criticised by one poster for my 'bits and bobs' statement regarding Mace's construction of the stadium but I stand by it. Why are there still many pieces of the roof to go in? Have all the seats been put in yet?
I'm not privy to what's going on behind the scenes but I have eyes. And passing through White Hart Lane station
the other day, I could not help but but notice that a few panels have been removed from the west stand..
And then there's the pitch...At least I get to watch the Liverpool game.

Hope not, EA is the scummiest of the large gaming companies. Buying smaller companies to asset strip and kill them and disgusting micro transactions in games. There are more things I hate about EA but these are the major non gaming ones.
Agreed. Weren't they voted 'worst company' multiple times in a row? EA Sports is genuinely hilarious in its scumminess - i.e. the lootbox nature of Ultimate Team in FIFA that essentially wipes clean every year - and yet players seem to lap that shit up.
Frankly the vast majority of the companies able to chuck £300m+ at a commercial sponsorship are unpleasant in one way or another. I'd much rather take EA than have some Gulf state company paying us off with riches accumulated from dictatorship, torture and murder.
But, alas, I agree more with this.

A reason to like EA Sports as a sponsor: rival fans will be fucking seething at the idea we get better FIFA ratings each year.
:levyeyes:

Going back to the pitch grow lights, a couple of bits from SSC. Firstly, the area under the North flaps we suspected was for storing the lights is actually marked up in the updated basement plans:

TtJk6xLr.jpg

...and in fact yesterday afternoon the first of the three was stowed away:

BSg41Qy.gif

The club have announced that Audi will become the Official Car Partner, Swiss watchmaker IWC Schaffhausen will become the club’s Official Timing Partner and 1XBET will become the club’s Official Betting Partner for Africa.

Bit of a shame we didn't line up an Official Wiring Partner really

I really hope our Official Beer Partner (= the only one we're allowed to sell) isn't Budweiser.

Having their football at our soccer :pochrolleyes: stadium is bad enough, but forcing us to drink their "King of Beers" would be a step too far... :dembelefingers:

Last edited:
I consider myself a lucky man even given some of my current personal circumsrances.

In this case I’m lucky because first of all I only became a bronze member in July last year and I’ve already been allowed to become a STH.

Secondly I’m lucky because, yes I am able to afford an 1882 ticket. This in turn is due pretty much entirely luck in my life.

The 1882 thing would not have been my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. But yes I can afford it for a year maybe 2 or even 3. Then who knows what life holds that far into the distance.. I hope within that time frame that 1) I’m still alive and 2) the club will let me move to somewhere else within the stadium that isn’t in the gods or this “premium lite” effort.

However, I don’t think that being able to afford an 1882 ticket should mean that the club should be able to short change fans who have stumped up their hard earned. No matter their circumstance.

Apologies for the diatribe if your post was literally aimed at getting funnies. It’s never easy to tell with the medium of text alone.
Same here, I was seriously thinking about getting an 1882 seat, only because there weren't many seats left by the time I bought my season ticket. I wanted a seat in the South Stand but only 1882 seats left. I managed to secure a £1,500 seat in the West Stand, one row behind 1882 and one in front of seats that cost £1,300. I am in the fortunate position of being able to afford my seat, probably for the next three seasons (if I stay in work). Then I can apply for an OAP seat (not many advantages of being an old codger, so you have to make the most of any perk!).
Enjoy your seat, when we get there - I intend to ;)

I really hope our Official Beer Partner (= the only one we're allowed to sell) isn't Budweiser.

Having their football at our soccer :pochrolleyes: stadium is bad enough...
Stadium? Stadium???

You're way off-message. It's a cross-platform leisure (pronounced leeeeeeezhuuure please) complex offering multiple revenue streams and exciting new synergies with partners in the key markets.

Back
Top Bottom