New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've stayed away from this thread for a while as it makes me very sad. Sure it's only a stadium but to my family it means a whole lot more (as football often does) and I don't want it being a constant reminder of sad times every time they play.

To cut a long story short, the thought of seeing the boys play in the new ground has been keeping my Dad going – literally. He has a season ticket, probably shouldn't as i'm not sure he'll get to use it but he wanted to see at least one game in the new stadium. If the ground doesn't open in the next two months that's highly unlikely to happen.

His story is what Tottenham is about, what they've based their values on and is the reason three generations all follow Spurs.

What to do? Should I write to the club? I'm not expecting Levy to get his shovel out but I kinda need to get him there, to see the thing he has been dreaming of for many years...

I can see people have emailed Donna Cullen but have very little confidence anything would get past her frosty exterior.

Sorry to hear about your father and really hope that he gets to see the mighty Spurs in their new home

I’d write to the Club

Can’t possibly do any harm

Good luck mate

I've stayed away from this thread for a while as it makes me very sad. Sure it's only a stadium but to my family it means a whole lot more (as football often does) and I don't want it being a constant reminder of sad times every time they play.

To cut a long story short, the thought of seeing the boys play in the new ground has been keeping my Dad going – literally. He has a season ticket, probably shouldn't as i'm not sure he'll get to use it but he wanted to see at least one game in the new stadium. If the ground doesn't open in the next two months that's highly unlikely to happen.

His story is what Tottenham is about, what they've based their values on and is the reason three generations all follow Spurs.

What to do? Should I write to the club? I'm not expecting Levy to get his shovel out but I kinda need to get him there, to see the thing he has been dreaming of for many years...

I can see people have emailed Donna Cullen but have very little confidence anything would get past her frosty exterior.
Really sorry to hear about your Dad. I think its definitely worth contacting the club with your story. You have nothing to lose really.

I hope you get a sympathetic ear from the club and your Dad still gets to see a game at the new ground. That would be great for him.

Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about your dad, I agree with Spursidol Spursidol , the test event will be worth attending. Also, if you contact the Club, you may get a tour at least.

A few pics posted on SSC by JimB.

One that caught my eye as not having been reported before is 'work currently underway on White Hart Lane, between the station and the High Road. Widening the pavement and adding planted areas with big lumps of rock for added aesthetic appeal'

YYhH6pfh.jpg

Undoubtedly with anti-terror function as a bonus. Not as obvious as the bollards being installed in front of the West entrance, of course.

Glad for it. We would be one heck of a terror target once open.

Undoubtedly with anti-terror function as a bonus. Not as obvious as the bollards being installed in front of the West entrance, of course.

Glad for it. We would be one heck of a terror target once open.

Bollards in front of the west entrance of the stadium are both for anti-terrorism and straightforward speeding cars coming off the road (the stadium is only a few yards from the road).

Don't think the route from the station to the stadium is really under threat from either terrorists or speeding cars.

For what it's worth I finally had a chat with my 'source' last night .... here's the gist of what he said ....

MACE and the Club were aware of some electrical issues in the PA, Fire Alarm and Lighting systems back in January, these were not in anyway unusual in a build of this size and MACE were confident that issues could be rectified ... it wasn't until the 13th August that MACE informed the Club that in their opinion the wiring issues would not be resolved to a sufficient level to pass a safety inspection. My source didn't know if a 'test' was failed or if a full test ever took place, he thinks (his opinion) that it was an 'in house' set of tests that failed not a safety authorities certification test that failed ...

The decision was taken to postpone certification tests and allow a further series of repairs and in-house tests to be carried out ... only when MACE are satisfied that the systems will pass an official test will any such tests be arranged (two are required) apparently the council have been very accommodating and will try and approve test events with 14 days notice, rather than the usual 30 days ... so once MACE say it's all good then two test could be completed within 21 days .... assuming a week between tests

The feeling within the Club is that they were let down, not by the wiring faults because shit happens, but by the very late notification, they had less than two hours between being informed and the press getting the story ... what the feck more could they have done?

The Man City game will go ahead at the new ground IF MACE can get thing sorted ... MACE say they will, but they said that about the Liverpool date ...

FYI - In the opinion of MACE and the Club the stadium 100% would have been ready (not finished) by the 15th September ... the 'conspiracy' theories are just that conspiracies ... these delays will cost the Club far more than a few thousand season ticket sales, to put some perspective on the season ticket holders .... If you listen to the press Spurs season ticket holders are 'outraged' 'robbed' 'demanding refunds' .... however if you listen to the head of ticketing at the club <5% of season ticket holders have contacted the club, and nearly all of those were Wembley ticketing queries, to date just 11 (that's 11 from 41,000) have requested full refunds ... he wasn't sure but he thinks they will all receive full refunds ....

All this is anecdotal, but he's never steered me wrong before, so make of this what you will .....

Last edited:
For what it's worth I finally had a chat with my 'source' last night .... here's the gist of what he said ....

MACE and the Club were aware of some electrical issues in the PA, Fire Alarm and Lighting systems back in January, these are not in anyone unusual in a build of this size and MACE were confident that issues could be rectified ... it wasn't until the 13th August that MACE informed the Club that in their opinion the wiring issues would not be resolved to a sufficient level to pass a safety inspection. My source didn't know if a 'test' was failed or if a full test ever took place, he thinks (his opinion) that it was an 'in house' set of tests that failed not a safety authorities certification test that failed ...

The decision was taken to postpone certification tests and allow a further series of repairs and in-house tests to be carried out ... only when MACE are satisfied that the systems will pass an official test will any such tests be arranged (two are required) apparently the council have been very accommodating and will try and approve test events with 14 days notice, rather than the usual 30 days ... so once MACE say it's all good then two test could be completed within 21 days .... assuming a week between tests

The feeling within the Club is that they were let down, not by the wiring faults because shit happens, but by the very late notification, they had less than two hours between being informed and the press getting the story ... what the feck more could they have done?

The Man City game will go ahead at the new ground IF MACE can get thing sorted ... MACE say they will, but they said that about the Liverpool date ...

FYI - In the opinion of MACE and the Club the stadium 100% would have been ready (not finished) by the 15th September ... the 'conspiracy' theories are just that conspiracies ... these delays will cost the Club far more than a few thousand season ticket sales, to put some perspective on the season ticket holders .... If you listen to the press Spurs season ticket holders are 'outraged' 'robbed' 'demanding refunds' .... however if you listen to the head of ticketing at the club <5% of season ticket holders have contacted the club, and nearly all of those were Wembley ticketing queries, to date just 11 (that's 11 from 41,000) have requested full refunds ... he wasn't sure but he thinks they will all been refunded ....

All this is anecdotal, but he's never steered me wrong before, so make of this what you will .....
Thanks for the #ITK update as always, BS, I’ll put another 47p in the meter come pay day. :townhmm:

We had Mace do a major revamp on our building and they ran 2 years over ( was not a project I was involved with thank god ) I don’t remember ever seeing one apology from Mace in regards to the overrun
They also did the police training college in hendon which looks shit and was delayed

Back
Top Bottom