New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had another look around the stadium yesterday. And I overheard one worker moaning about 15 hour shifts
and not seeing the kids. Last Saturday, I was chatting to a leccy who was about to start a 12 hour shift
finishing Sunday 6am. He said 'it's 24/7 now and big projects like this always get finished on time'.
Anyway, that modernistic club shop edifice is split into two sections with a wide stairway separating them.
I'm guessing that the right hand section is part of the museum. They say the shop will be the biggest in Europe but it aint that big and it is still weeks away from opening.
Yesterday again, I saw a couple of guys moving along the eaves on the west stand (with harnesses) using
big ass crimpers.

I was thinking. (I know some of you hate it when I do that). I was thinking how long does turf need
to bed down and get its roots into the soil before you can start playing football on it?

Can anyone let me know if there's any easy transfer links from east midlands region to the new stadium without going into the heart of London? Cheers.

Off the top of my head no, all the Overground stations around White Hart Lane are East Anglia. So unless you can get to Cambridge and get the service that stops at White Hart Lane the only real option is into Kings Cross and either tube or change to Liverpool Street and Overground it.

I was thinking. (I know some of you hate it when I do that). I was thinking how long does turf need
to bed down and get its roots into the soil before you can start playing football on it?

Apparently, it takes 3-6 weeks to lay a hybrid pitch. Presumably that would include time for the grass to grow.

Can anyone let me know if there's any easy transfer links from east midlands region to the new stadium without going into the heart of London? Cheers.
if you did go train wise, going into London and back out is no problem and most likely quicker than a cross country trip to Cambridge
when I go from Newark we go in to Kings cross, tube to seven sisters then on to WHL by train

Apparently, it takes 3-6 weeks to lay a hybrid pitch. Presumably that would include time for the grass to grow.
Don’t they bring in grass that’s already grown?

Admittedly I don’t follow stadium builds as a habit, but I remember when they built Wembley the grass was “cultivated” off site at a secret location, cut up, and transported down to Wembley on the back of a lorry.

Don’t they bring in grass that’s already grown?

Admittedly I don’t follow stadium builds as a habit, but I remember when they built Wembley the grass was “cultivated” off site at a secret location, cut up, and transported down to Wembley on the back of a lorry.

farm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom