New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t they bring in grass that’s already grown?

Admittedly I don’t follow stadium builds as a habit, but I remember when they built Wembley the grass was “cultivated” off site at a secret location, cut up, and transported down to Wembley on the back of a lorry.
I think by grow he means it will get a chance to grow a bit on site and settle. It is being cultivated off site.

The pitch will have been grown off site in trays about a foot or 2 deep. It'll take a few weeks to bed in properly, should be good to go it it's put in by August bank holiday weekend.

Random worker declares stadium won't be ready?

giphy.gif

Isn't the Academy Test Event on 27th August going to need the pitch to be useable?

It'll be usable as soon as the pitch is put down, ideally you'd want a few weeks to properly bed it in. Depends on the depth of the trays (if that's the system they're using) if it's deep enough there won't be any gaps to tear up

Back
Top Bottom