New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something I could research myself I guess but the FA Cup on the weekend and the fact teams like come to play at Wembley got me thinking...what is the away dressing room going to be like? I hope we're going to make it as uncomfortable as possible for visiting teams but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of minimum standard in the rules somewhere?
Always wondered about this. Would not the Home dressing room be kitted out for England and we would want to make it our own. Difficult to change too much when England play a few days after us. Therefore are we using the Away dressing room and let our opponents use the England one or are we using the England dressing room but cannot really personalise it. No idea

Always wondered about this. Would not the Home dressing room be kitted out for England and we would want to make it our own. Difficult to change too much when England play a few days after us. Therefore are we using the Away dressing room and let our opponents use the England one or are we using the England dressing room but cannot really personalise it. No idea
Well they must use the England team branded one or totally rebrand it in a short time.

The WHL station bit worries me. Nothing started yet unless anyone knows any different. Quick memory from that station. Was a few hours after we beat Stoke at home in 1976 a bunch of us were heading back to Kent and were on a deserted platform. We tried to lever off one the green livery White Hart Lane station signs but were spotted by a member of station staff who chased us off with his broom. We pegged it down the stairs and tried our luck at Bruce Grove where we managed to prise one off. Can you imagine it now? You'd have police vans, horses, 5ft coppers in robocop uniforms hunting us down! DNA taken, put on the yewtree list (probably). How times have changed. Incidentally someone nicked the sign from a van when i was moving house some 30 years later. Poetic justice you could say.

Sign of the times? Here all week.

Was more intrigued to know how the changing rooms are gonna be in the new stadium really. Imagine ours will be state of the art, lots of detail that someone says enhances mental/physical performance, etc. Surely the away dressing room will be basic though or is that not done these days?

The size of that stand!!!
DTCOHM8XUAIvNHF.jpg:large

Something I could research myself I guess but the FA Cup on the weekend and the fact teams like come to play at Wembley got me thinking...what is the away dressing room going to be like? I hope we're going to make it as uncomfortable as possible for visiting teams but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of minimum standard in the rules somewhere?
You're probably right that there's a minimum standard. Definitely don't want us replicating that 'oh isn't this cosy?' feeling that a lot of away teams seem to have at the Emirates (though the shallow stands filled with docile twats probably contributes a lot to that).

I do hope we carry on heating our team bench in the dugout, but not the opposition's. Had this confirmed as true on a WHL stadium tour (you could even see the lack of wires underneath the away seats if you looked carefully!).
:levylol:

Was more intrigued to know how the changing rooms are gonna be in the new stadium really. Imagine ours will be state of the art, lots of detail that someone says enhances mental/physical performance, etc. Surely the away dressing room will be basic though or is that not done these days?
Doubt it, considering that the changing rooms will also be set up to accommodate the huge squads of NFL teams

Wouldn't be surprised if that is legit. November ensures the stadium is done and available and its right before the international break, meaning that Spurs can play at home (or away) the 10th, they can have everything ready for the 11th, then have a solid two weeks to get the field mended and ready again if there are any issues with the pitch.

Also, if the NFL is putting their stamp on this, it will 100% be ready next season at some point, likely after the first international break in early September.

I like this, new stadium needs to keep a link to the past, all part of the soul of a club, the bit that isn't brick's & morta.

For those interested his house is just a stones through away from the new stadium (closer than ever) there is a group pushing to get a Blue Plaque given to the building and they are collecting signatures in order to get this done.
Bobby Buckle Blue Plaque Application
whl-aerial-no7_1_orig.jpg

Bobby Buckle and the Blue plaques. Sounds like a funk band

Back
Top Bottom