New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The WHL station bit worries me. Nothing started yet unless anyone knows any different. Quick memory from that station. Was a few hours after we beat Stoke at home in 1976 a bunch of us were heading back to Kent and were on a deserted platform. We tried to lever off one the green livery White Hart Lane station signs but were spotted by a member of station staff who chased us off with his broom. We pegged it down the stairs and tried our luck at Bruce Grove where we managed to prise one off. Can you imagine it now? You'd have police vans, horses, 5ft coppers in robocop uniforms hunting us down! DNA taken, put on the yewtree list (probably). How times have changed. Incidentally someone nicked the sign from a van when i was moving house some 30 years later. Poetic justice you could say.

For players, how big is the new stadium in terms of whether or not to stay Spurs. Like this Summer, when clubs come in with offers for our players, do you think that wanting to play at new whl is reason for players to stay?
As part of s package, Stadium, Training Ground, working with Poch, Potential title challenger, PL (highest profile league in World) + CL football, plus a salary and bonus scheme making you one of the highest paid players in world football. A combination of all these things makes a contract at Spurs a highly desirable destination.

The salary still number one consideration, but for 90% if most of our acquisitions outside of the PL we are probably doubling their salary when they join. Second biggest draw would be the training Centre as this is where a player sends 95% of his time at the club.

As part of s package, Stadium, Training Ground, working with Poch, Potential title challenger, PL (highest profile league in World) + CL football, plus a salary and bonus scheme making you one of the highest paid players in world football. A combination of all these things makes a contract at Spurs a highly desirable destination.

The salary still number one consideration, but for 90% if most of our acquisitions outside of the PL we are probably doubling their salary when they join. Second biggest draw would be the training Centre as this is where a player sends 95% of his time at the club.
All true and valid, we just need that CL.

For players, how big is the new stadium in terms of whether or not to stay Spurs. Like this Summer, when clubs come in with offers for our players, do you think that wanting to play at new whl is reason for players to stay?

No.

If teams come in for players we want to keep it will be a finance driven transfer, don’t think anybody will turn down more money at another club on the basis we have a nice new stadium.

Money is the biggest factor, but after that its the size of club. Big stadium, nice training ground.

Should put us on a par with Woolwich and Liverpool. Bring us a bit closer to the money clubs. Will enable us to compete on Sanchez,Ozil, Mane, Salah type signings in 40m bracket.

No.

If teams come in for players we want to keep it will be a finance driven transfer, don’t think anybody will turn down more money at another club on the basis we have a nice new stadium.
I’m not sure now. Maybe Dele looks at Gareth Bale being booed at Madrid, hears 50 odd thousand singing his name at WHL and might consider the extra money isn’t worth the grief. He’d have to be hell of a strong minded to think that, but it’s possible. Personally, I’d take the booing for an extra tenner a month, but I’m greedy.....

No.

There plenty of clubs with big stadiums that are left behind. Hamburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, Newcastle, Liverpool, Roma.

Money talks. But we should be able to generate more money at least.

Start of The Rapture....apparently...
DS7oB0FXkAAZ_Ir.jpg:large

Something I could research myself I guess but the FA Cup on the weekend and the fact teams like come to play at Wembley got me thinking...what is the away dressing room going to be like? I hope we're going to make it as uncomfortable as possible for visiting teams but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of minimum standard in the rules somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom