New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That pic is years out of date mate (even got the "old" new stadium, and no Lilywhite house). That whole area is being redeveloped though, but as far as I'm aware WHL will still be a road and not pedestrianised.

you sure? first time i've seen it myself

Screen-Shot-2016-08-05-at-09.58.20-600x414.png

look carefully at the bottom of this picture up to the roads leading to the rail line. They are pedestrianised! White Hart Lane is genuinely getting wiped from existence. The stadium, the station, even the road itself!
Perhaps its the 'future', there are no cars and everyone has hoverboards - Back to the Future style!

White Hart Lane remains a road, the pedestrian walkway to the ground will be seperate and called Moselle Square .... the 'idea' at the moment is for away fans to use WHL and home fans the walkway ....

There will be a second entrance to WHL station down Brereton Road (opposite the club shop) for home fans as well .....

Last edited:

I like this, new stadium needs to keep a link to the past, all part of the soul of a club, the bit that isn't brick's & morta.

For those interested his house is just a stones through away from the new stadium (closer than ever) there is a group pushing to get a Blue Plaque given to the building and they are collecting signatures in order to get this done.
Bobby Buckle Blue Plaque Application
whl-aerial-no7_1_orig.jpg

Will be sad to see more pubs disappear from Tottenham. I found a list of pubs that i was once banned from in a letter from Wood Green sty which was dated 2002 and over half of those listed are no longer there.Two Brewers remains my favourite and can even remember it when it was two bars.

They have a lot to do there in 220 days IMO.
I really hope that it’s ready in time. Sure I read somewhere they hoped to be finishing steel work end of 2017.
Although I know Levy has said some parts in front some behind.

Another season at Wembley will be soul destroying.

From SSC...
"This was posted on LinkedIn yesterday by the commercial manager at JCO Group Ltd:

"The fun starts tomorrow....

After being awarded the contract less than 48hrs ago JCO are enabled and ready to commence works at Tottenham Hotspur FC for the new 3 storey ticket office. JCO will be undertaking the Groundworks and RC Frame.

The first challenge is to undertake the deep service diversions required and to prepare and install a 800m3 Piling Matt within 1 week ready for the Piling Contractor to commence.

Good job we can work 24 hrs a day.
""

They have a lot to do there in 220 days IMO.
I really hope that it’s ready in time. Sure I read somewhere they hoped to be finishing steel work end of 2017.
Although I know Levy has said some parts in front some behind.

Another season at Wembley will be soul destroying.
It's always going to be tight, dependant on so many factors some that can be controlled while others, like the weather can't, but approx 220 days ago we were playing football at the old WHL! I'm more confident than I have ever been that this will get done on time and we will be playing there next season.

Back
Top Bottom