New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God dammit I want rid of AIA.

Look, if we're going to take money from a weird Asian outfit, how about Tencent? Those fuckers are rolling in money, and it would look great on our shirt. They're worth half a trillion FFS, give us a bit of that cash boys.

650_1200.png
I'd prefer if Spurs weren't sponsored by any Chinese company at all. The way Beijing has its tentacles in every big Chinese corporation, sponsorship by a major Chinese company is tantamount to sponsorship by China itself and a way for the Chinese government to expand and promote its national policy of rampant intellectual property theft/corporate espionage. That being said, beggars can't be choosers, and Tencent would be better than the likes of Fly Emirates/Qatar Airways/Gazprom.

I'd prefer if Spurs weren't sponsored by any Chinese company at all. The way Beijing has its tentacles in every big Chinese corporation, sponsorship by a major Chinese company is tantamount to sponsorship by China itself and a way for the Chinese government to expand and promote its national policy of rampant intellectual property theft/corporate espionage. That being said, beggars can't be choosers, and Tencent would be better than the likes of Fly Emirates/Qatar Airways/Gazprom.
I agree.

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

Inside stadium view back up (CLick for larger view). A lot has been done on the skybridge. I suspect those speakers blocking the screens will be changed or moved at some point. A good chunk of the stadium will have a restricted view of the screens. I can't believe levy would allow it.

image.php

Edit: Actually have just seen people can look to their left.

Are the tunnel entrances going to be right on the half way line?
Always difficult to get true perspective with these photos.........

IP Theft?
Chinese companies?

you've clearly never been to the Leagoo website

But in 1970 two bob is worth £1.47 ($1.95)
Or in 1270 two bob is worth £86.65 ($114.97)

Two bob is 2 shillings, or 0.4 pounds.

#UselessBygoneMoneyChat
that's not right, in 1970 petrol was 3 shillings a gallon, so 2/3's of a gallon now cost's roughly £4.20
two bob in the pub would have been pint, crisps and few pennies change

Inside stadium view back up (CLick for larger view). A lot has been done on the skybridge. I suspect those speakers blocking the screens will be changed or moved at some point. A good chunk of the stadium will have a restricted view of the screens. I can't believe levy would allow it.

image.php

Edit: Actually have just seen people can look to their left.

I don't think any ground has managed a 100% satisfactory view of a big screen from every seat

But at decimalisation, all 2bob coins became 10p, I remember the mixture of old and new. A shilling was 5p, and thus, the basis of my “joke”

Although I think the point may have been laboured somewhat now.

Honestly, you Yanks and your paranoia about China stealing iPhone designs. That's essentially all it is. You're patronising, imperial outlook suggests the world cannot function without American invention. You've done more bad than good, continue to do so, and have the temerity to assume we all want to copy you. Get a job ya cunt

that's not right, in 1970 petrol was 3 shillings a gallon, so 2/3's of a gallon now cost's roughly £4.20
two bob in the pub would have been pint, crisps and few pennies change

Was bored at work and used online conversion shit 'cos I was born 19 years after decimalisation. It's all bullshit for me, all I remember is playing cards when I was a kid and using the old coinage for chips.

Back
Top Bottom