New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More pics I dont give a shit who buys Wembley as long as it’s not us
dOx0bzF.jpg

From the FA website Feb 2017

You can see why £500m plus in cleared funds would be a big deal for a non-profit organisation.

“The annual results, which are comprised across The FA Limited, Wembley National Stadium Limited and the National Football Centre Limited, also demonstrate a record turnover of £370million – up from £318million in 2014-15

The FA made an after-tax profit of £7million across the year, compared to a £9million loss in the previous period, while there were also savings on restructuring/reorganisation costs as well as through refinancing of FA debt”

How much were the semi and even FA cup final tickets? :levyeyes:

With coaching I feel that the quality is undermined by the sheer popularity of the game.

If I example my FA coaching badge experience ( especially @ level 1) I turned up in some dilapidated class room in Walthamstow with I think around 30 other people. I would estimate 25 of those were completely unfit for society let alone coaching football.

Far too many who had convinced themselves that but for a dodgy knees they were the next Maradonna, and the coaching world needed them. Then there were many more who were “doing it for me boy” (all of whom were the next Maradona) and then some who you would consider how long they had been on Day release, we even had two Japanese lads who did not speak English attend (and pass) it was unreal. I think everyone passed. How can everyone pass? I still feel angry that the Japanese guys were allowed to pass the safe guarding children section, when they did not understand the majority of English.

There were a handful of us with both teaching and sporting background, that little bit older (in our 30’s) and not deluded about being great players from the past endeavours. Just generally sensible people with an interest in doing well.

My point here is that “good” coaches are somewhat overwhelmed by the many more absolute Bell ends who can creep into the FA programme. Not unlike many others courses these days, anyone gets in as long as they pay the £ and everyone passes as long as they turn up on the final day. That’s actually not helping coaching standards in my view, there needs to be a pre qulification process & then a pass / fail programme to drive standards.

Level 1 is just a way for the FA to make sure no really bad apples are working for charter standard clubs.
Level 2 is a way for them to identify those who they think should go onto Level 3 and is a decent course as there is a lot more time and effort needed to complete it.

Level 3 has quite a high failure rate, it is improving but think still around 50% the first time. Used to be a 30% pass rate.

Youth Modules are good courses too.

But all very expensive compared to abroad.

How much were the semi and even FA cup final tickets? :levyeyes:

So where will those ticket prices go next I wonder? Spurs leading the way in what people are prepared to pay to watch top level football anyway.

Problem is they said the stadium debt would be cleared by 2015 and running at a profit and now they reckon it will be 2024. They have let us play there, lined up Chelsea to play there but it still is a burden to them.

Not sure if just bad financial management or whether running a stadium that size is a bloody nightmare.

Level 1 is just a way for the FA to make sure no really bad apples are working for charter standard clubs.
Level 2 is a way for them to identify those who they think should go onto Level 3 and is a decent course as there is a lot more time and effort needed to complete it.

Level 3 has quite a high failure rate, it is improving but think still around 50% the first time. Used to be a 30% pass rate.

Youth Modules are good courses too.

But all very expensive compared to abroad.

Agree with your assessments of the levels, it’s generally what I saw happening, with a caveat that Level 2 was again not filtering enough in my view (only my view I add) level 1 and what standards that brings certainly is nowhere near effective enough (in my view) in filtering out the wrong element.

We are of course going off topic a bit - so sorry for that :thumbdown:

Agree with your assessments of the levels, it’s generally what I saw happening, with a caveat that Level 2 was again not filtering enough in my view (only my view I add) level 1 and what standards that brings certainly is nowhere near effective enough (in my view) in filtering out the wrong element.

We are of course going off topic a bit - so sorry for that :thumbdown:

Everything goes off topic eventually!

My Level 2 they failed 3 people, and yes they probably could have failed more.
From speaking to others it was clear that they were keen to encourage some onto Level 3 but others to pretty much stop at Level 2.

I guess every course the candidates are very different though.

So where will those ticket prices go next I wonder? Spurs leading the way in what people are prepared to pay to watch top level football anyway.

Problem is they said the stadium debt would be cleared by 2015 and running at a profit and now they reckon it will be 2024. They have let us play there, lined up Chelsea to play there but it still is a burden to them.

Not sure if just bad financial management or whether running a stadium that size is a bloody nightmare.

I’m sure there are plenty at the FA getting richer while grass roots football gets less, sadly it’s not only football where this happens, is the same for the NHS etc.....

think that level 2 has been made easier in paperwork terms, as that's where a lot used to drop out as they couldn't put the time into the homework paper side

Back
Top Bottom