New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Start of the finishing touches on the roof. Those things are about 20 foot high yet look fucking tiny...
8980ddd07f5381df3ef3ed2db53fcc3d.jpg
d31afa05f8c6d79ea87c196cd7feed24.jpg
5321bd026015bb4daaaa7c099ddebe3d.jpg
62088cd81676bef0a2d15e6ba20ad686.jpg

e33953d08c8aeeaafdb1a58e1825fa5f.jpg

Bill nicks ashes were temporarily removed before the pitch was dug up and they will be replaced when new stadium compete or have I misunderstood your post :kanehand:
I based my statement on the blog post by Cliff Jones were he said that they planned the entire project in a way as to not disturb the ghost of Bill.

He didn't mention how so it could be just as you described it.

That the new stadium build is planned and designed to not disturb the ashes of Bill Nick is both touching and rad.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't they remove his ashes just before the WHL demolition and it's heavily rumoured that they reinterred them just north of the new south stand around a month or so ago? SkyScraperCommunity spotted them doing something with a specially dug hole, a lot of black 4x4s and a temporary tent.

Not having a go, mind you. It looked like they did it all very respectfully and in keeping with the continuity between the old and the new.

Saw this list of attendances from our home games this season...

73,587 Chelsea
67,862 Burnley
65,366 Swansea
73,502 Bournemouth
80,827 Liverpool
65,270 Crystal Palace
65,905 West Brom
67,343 Dortmund
83,782 Real Madrid

Like an honourable club would, we release accurate numbers of attendances based upon actual bums on seats rather than ticket sales (or whatever witchcraft Woolwich use to say they're 'full capacity' every game).

So despite being in a stadium that's a complete pain in the arse to get to (and perhaps in a transitional year, the way it's looking), we're still getting attendances for the less glamorous games that are higher than the capacity of the new stadium. And this is without flogging tickets at a joke-tier discount (hello, West Ham).

The closer we get, the more I'm convinced that the stadium itself and the fanbase will absolutely put Woolwich to shame. It's funny, because any (more reasonable) Woolwich fans I speak to really know very little about the new stadium - only the vague 'is it going to be ready in time?' talking points from TalkSport. They are in for a rude awakening.

73,587 Chelsea
67,862 Burnley

That's a good point TLD - do you think so? I'm not so sure.
I'd assumed that those numbers include all the STs?? i.e. they don't count the turnstiles ticking over - the numbers of seats filled - they count the numbers of tickets 'sold'. Which I'd guess is the same as the scum do.
The actual attendances, on the day, have looked lower to me - so, there was no way there was 65k in there yesterday, no way.
It would be good to know for sure though, if anyone can help....

That's a good point TLD - do you think so? I'm not so sure.
I'd assumed that those numbers include all the STs?? i.e. they don't count the turnstiles ticking over - the numbers of seats filled - they count the numbers of tickets 'sold'. Which I'd guess is the same as the scum do.
The actual attendances, on the day, have looked lower to me - so, there was no way there was 65k in there yesterday, no way.
It would be good to know for sure though, if anyone can help....
I find it really tricky to count by eye sometimes. Have a feeling that any empty seats 'stand out' more than those taken, but am willing to admit I'm wrong if it is just based on the ticket sales!

Could definitely see those empty seats at the Dortmund match when looking at the very top of the upper tiers. Wish I'd been there yesterday now so that I could compare the visual attendance from that CL night with the West Brom game (certainly don't wish I was there for the football, in retrospect!). I gather it looked a lot less in the flesh - more so than the official numbers would suggest?

[QUOTE="
Could definitely see those empty seats at the Dortmund match when looking at the very top of the upper tiers. Wish I'd been there yesterday now so that I could compare the visual attendance from that CL night with the West Brom game (certainly don't wish I was there for the football, in retrospect!). I gather it looked a lot less in the flesh - more so than the official numbers would suggest?[/QUOTE]

Yep, agree. My hunch, just thinking back, was that yesterday was comfortably the lowest attended match this year - whole sections of the upper tier empty, loads of ST seats empty around me - but I'm only reacting to your comment, I didn't think about it much at the time (there was too much else to be miserable about!).
It would be good to know how those figures are calculated.

73,587 Chelsea
67,862 Burnley
65,366 Swansea
73,502 Bournemouth
80,827 Liverpool
65,270 Crystal Palace
65,905 West Brom
67,343 Dortmund
83,782 Real Madrid

Like an honourable club would, we release accurate numbers of attendances based upon actual bums on seats rather than ticket sales (or whatever witchcraft Woolwich use to say they're 'full capacity' every game).

So despite being in a stadium that's a complete pain in the arse to get to (and perhaps in a transitional year, the way it's looking), we're still getting attendances for the less glamorous games that are higher than the capacity of the new stadium. And this is without flogging tickets at a joke-tier discount (hello, West Ham).

The closer we get, the more I'm convinced that the stadium itself and the fanbase will absolutely put Woolwich to shame. It's funny, because any (more reasonable) Woolwich fans I speak to really know very little about the new stadium - only the vague 'is it going to be ready in time?' talking points from TalkSport. They are in for a rude awakening.
Very good post. We also restricted ST sales to some 40 odd thousand due to the smaller capacity at the um... new stadium..
Which means we have 40,000 tickets on GS each week with no discounts. A phenomenal effort by our supporters.

73,587 Chelsea
67,862 Burnley
65,366 Swansea
73,502 Bournemouth
80,827 Liverpool
65,270 Crystal Palace
65,905 West Brom
67,343 Dortmund
83,782 Real Madrid

Only Bayern, Dortmund and Man U have averaged more than us this season (All games League + CL).
Premier League 2017/2018 - Attendance

Just Champions League on it's own, we have the highest average attendance bar none.
Champions League 2017/2018 - Attendance

They are finally terracing the last bit of the East stand. And concreting over the northern end of the pitch.
Nice song. 2:47 into the vid sums up the new stadium nicely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom