New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dortmund has one of the best atmospheres of any ground in the world ... for those who haven't had the pleasure the downward slopping roof 'pushes' the noise down and out onto the playing surface ... believe me it gets loud .... but it's not perfect as some sound gets 'bounced' back towards the ground as the roof drops much lower at the front ...

With atmosphere in mind the roof at Spurs is designed with a 'down' slope to project noise forward, but then opens up again to allow the sound to burst forward ... all designed by some clever guys in sound proof boxes ...

It's going to be the dogs dangles ....

FYI - The Emirates roof is virtual horizontal ... from a sound point of view it's utter shite .....

All the more important that the club allocate the right people to this stand then, and tell stewards to let us get on with it.

Safe standing fanatics need to happen as well. Get blue and white flares on the go, make it proper intimidating and boisterous

Where I am at Wembley currently is the equivalent, central section stands through entire 90mins and stewards say nothing. I'm to one side and as it's a minority we get told to sit down every 5 mins.

Where I am at Wembley currently is the equivalent, central section stands through entire 90mins and stewards say nothing. I'm to one side and as it's a minority we get told to sit down every 5 mins.
Same, am in block 136. People have been ejected too. Thing is, every time the ball goes over to my right side of the pitch, you can't see anything without standing. So I am up and down like a yoyo. I still hate Wembley

I'm guessing that most people in the hospitality at matches are on freebies from work, but even so I still just cannot get my head round why you would possibly want to attend a game like that.

Did it a few times at the Lane. I was dubious myself before I went, but it’s a great way to see a game.

It wasn't as good as what our new stadium facilities look like, but I got to experience similar when we were at Anfield last season. My boss has two passes for one of their hospitality lounges in their new stand, but couldn't go so let me and a Liverpool supporting colleague have them instead.

Like StuG, I was a bit dubious beforehand, but it was actually a really good experience.

Meh...too much red...
DO2vDM0W0AAzxHc.jpg

Looking good and taking shape. I assume it will end up being at the same level/height as the rakers (right term ?) in the foreground in which case it will be absolutely immense - only now beginning to realise it ! Cant 't wait to see it.
Look at post 11871 (page 594) and you will get some idea of how big the South stand will eventually be.
I would say about 50% higher yet. Maybe more.

Look at post 11871 (page 594) and you will get some idea of how big the South stand will eventually be.
I would say about 50% higher yet. Maybe more.
Thanks. Comparing the "trees" in that previous post with the current photos gives a better idea of the scale of it. Still some way to go and it looks like its going to some structure - the envy of all PL clubs.

Back
Top Bottom