New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some clever bod at SSC has done a bit of photoshopping on the South stand to see how it looks completed...
tot.jpg

Someone raised a very interesting point over on SSC about whether this will get done in time and key dates.

Next month, next seasons fixtures for the NFL overseas games in London/Mexico city should be announced. Whether NWHL is listed as a venue, TBC or not at all could be a key indicator of progress with the build.

Understand that we are under contract to host games from next season but the NFL/naming rights sponsor will not want egg on their faces should the ground not be ready to host a full capacity NFL game next September.

Someone raised a very interesting point over on SSC about whether this will get done in time and key dates.

Next month, next seasons fixtures for the NFL overseas games in London/Mexico city should be announced. Whether NWHL is listed as a venue, TBC or not at all could be a key indicator of progress with the build.

Understand that we are under contract to host games from next season but the NFL/naming rights sponsor will not want egg on their faces should the ground not be ready to host a full capacity NFL game next September.
I doubt that would bother the naming rights sponsor if it was delayed, depending how the deal is structured it may even benefit them as they wouldn’t pay a penny until we move in but if announced they would benefit for free publicity for over a year. (The Emirates was named more than a year ahead of opening the stadium). Anyway, not sure we have found one yet.

The sheer scale of it stuns me. The practicalities of building something so huge I find hard to get my head round. Thinking about my first trip there already.
Is it still on schedule?

The first ever event at the nwhl better not be the American egg chasing version of football!!!

Back
Top Bottom