New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So if the rake is the deciding factor I can't see too many areas where it'll be safe standing. It'll just be the lower stand areas.
And possibly only the single tier stand too. It’s the only one ever mentioned in discussions. So yeah, 7,200 possible standing tickets in the future and no upping of the capacity. Safety is the prime concern I suppose.

But Dortmund has mainly normal terracing, not safe standing:
dortmund-hsv_201702131520_full.jpg

Dortmund only has traditional terracing for the bottom portion of the wall, the higher sections have rail seats (you can see in this picture if you look above the entrances) to keep from them crushing the lower terraces. For European games, seats are bolted into the lower terrace section reducing capacity there while the upper sections remains 1:1.

This picture shows it better:

6044242_1_001-20170218-Dortmund-Wolfsburg-ms-016.jpg

I just assumed that because it has to be all seated for European games that it had to have safe standing to made it handy to switch. However I think the 1.5 ratio still stands up (Edit: didn't realise that pun). The main sticking point is that the concourses have to be able to handle the extra people. Apparently our new stadium has been designed with this in mind, I think there was talk of us having enough room for an extra 18,000, so our concourses will be extra roomy until then.

I think it was actually just under 1800 only in the lower section of the single tier stand.

Also does anyone know if the stadium is being built with the opportunity to increase from the 61,000 it will originally have? I doubt it is, just thought I'd see if anyone had anymore knowledge on the matter? (Personally think we are capable of filling 65,000-70,000 consistently and is what we should have aimed for

Also does anyone know if the stadium is being built with the opportunity to increase from the 61,000 it will originally have? I doubt it is, just thought I'd see if anyone had anymore knowledge on the matter? (Personally think we are capable of filling 65,000-70,000 consistently and is what we should have aimed for
61,559 will be the capacity mate. There was a feeling that if rail-seating is allowed then this would increase the capacity by a few thousand, however as someone posted in here a couple of posts back following a THST meeting that this will not increase capacity as the ratio will be 1:1.

Personally I think +60k is perfect, we should sell out all PL games but no way would we for the Kangaroo Cup and may be even early rounds of the FA Cup if we are drawn against Dagenham & Redbridge for example. If we were to end up competing back in Europa League then that too would only attract crowds of 20-25k. No one wants to eat in an empty restaurant, much better to create a sense of demand.

No one wants to eat in an empty restaurant

I aactually like eating in an empty restaurant. It's quiet so you can have a conversation, you dont have to worry about other guests' obnoxiousness ruining your meal out, the servers aren't rushed so you get excellent service, and the kitchen isn't in the weeds so your food is prepared at their best.

But I agree with your point, 61,000 is a good level. I don't even know how important it would be in the future to add on. Television and sponsorship now greatly outstrip matchday income, much better to have the atmosphere of a regularly full ground than one that fills just for the big games.

61,559 will be the capacity mate. There was a feeling that if rail-seating is allowed then this would increase the capacity by a few thousand, however as someone posted in here a couple of posts back following a THST meeting that this will not increase capacity as the ratio will be 1:1.

Personally I think +60k is perfect, we should sell out all PL games but no way would we for the Kangaroo Cup and may be even early rounds of the FA Cup if we are drawn against Dagenham & Redbridge for example. If we were to end up competing back in Europa League then that too would only attract crowds of 20-25k. No one wants to eat in an empty restaurant, much better to create a sense of demand.
Completely agree, and I think that a stadium that's 'too big' can have a doubly negative effect on drumming up demand for tickets:

Unless it's one of the really high profile games, you can look at Wembley this year and pretty much gamble that you'd be able to pick a ticket up via general sale a couple of days before any match. That'll inevitably bleed into the initial demand for tickets because people know they don't have to bite the club's hand off ASAP to get in.

Considering we filled 73,000-odd seats against Bournemouth without slashing our ticket prices West-Ham-style, I'd say that bodes well that 61,000 seats will be filled for everything barring dull cup and European games. Probably reflects pretty poorly on the Woolwich fanbase that they're consistently failing to do just that.
:sonhmm:

Completely agree, and I think that a stadium that's 'too big' can have a doubly negative effect on drumming up demand for tickets:

Unless it's one of the really high profile games, you can look at Wembley this year and pretty much gamble that you'd be able to pick a ticket up via general sale a couple of days before any match. That'll inevitably bleed into the initial demand for tickets because people know they don't have to bite the club's hand off ASAP to get in.

Considering we filled 73,000-odd seats against Bournemouth without slashing our ticket prices West-Ham-style, I'd say that bodes well that 61,000 seats will be filled for everything barring dull cup and European games. Probably reflects pretty poorly on the Woolwich fanbase that they're consistently failing to do just that.
Bournemouth sales were probably also helped a bit by coming off such a shit long international break. If the general Spurs supporter is any reflection of TFC, we were ravenous for a Spurs match.

I aactually like eating in an empty restaurant. It's quiet so you can have a conversation, you dont have to worry about other guests' obnoxiousness ruining your meal out, the servers aren't rushed so you get excellent service, and the kitchen isn't in the weeds so your food is prepared at their best.
I also like eating in an empty restaurant.Nothing as empowering as be able to lick the plate and not having to worry what other customers think of you..

61,000 is about right for us. Real Madrid are only averaging 65k this season. We are doing 70k so far at Wembley.

Any bigger and the atmosphere will really suffer. Best to keep it full and not dilute the hardcore supporters.

As for not selling out early cup games. Who cares.

Back
Top Bottom